ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
It's a black car, Paint isn't too bad in general but obviously very swirly, Think I'll go with both Rejuvenate and Blackhole.

Wax is predominantly looks I reckon, Its for the Gf's brother so just want it looking as good as possible when he picks it up.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've used BSD over both PB Blackhole and Tripple (separately) and it's been very good both times. I found it was better when layered a few times, but I'm still wowed at how good it is for such an easy application.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Wondering if anyone can help. Attempting to post on detailing world about my Swissvax Shield samples for sale, but Im not allowed to. Any idea's?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It's a black car, Paint isn't too bad in general but obviously very swirly, Think I'll go with both Rejuvenate and Blackhole.

Wax is predominantly looks I reckon, Its for the Gf's brother so just want it looking as good as possible when he picks it up.

Rejuvenate + black hole will bring that up great. Love that combo on black, adds so much depth even before the lsp goes on.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Rejuvenate + black hole will bring that up great. Love that combo on black, adds so much depth even before the lsp goes on.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out, Tempted to use my DA to work the Blackhole but having not used it yet umma little worried on soft thin paint.

Finishing pad on a slow speed??

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
100% use the Da to work in the black hole, finishing pad and blabkhole won't cause any issues even if you held it one spot for ages :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Cheers Ant.

Just gotta hope for nice weather tomorrow and Monday, Will try and remember to get loads of pics and do a small write up.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Getting the RX8 left with me tomorrow to get started on then all of Monday :)

Can't decide what to use once full decon is done.

Poorboys Blackhole?
AF Rejuvenate?
Both??

Which wax?
AF Desire
Purple Haze Pro
CTR

CTR for looks. Stunning wax!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm still loving the wet look CTR left on the old mans Volvo so it is a strong contender..... What sort of durability am I looking at with CTR??

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've not watched most if his old ones.... Watching his 'Novice Machine Polishing episodes'

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
There's a lot of things he does I disagree with but you can't go far wrong following his way :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
The RX8 has arrived... Too bloody late for me to make a start now though so gonna be rushing around tomorrow... Early start if the weather allows.

Forecast is showers :(

a3ajeryh.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Are you on about using polish before or after G1?

I did use G4 before G1, but now I don't use anything else on top of it apart from fast glass! I'm not a detailing guru so could be wrong!

Before, but that could be wrong. I'm just going off it being called a polish, so I'd put it down before lsp.

Me either, I'm genuinely interested so please don't think I'm trying to tell you you're wrong or anything.

Before, but that could be wrong. I'm just going off it being called a polish, so I'd put it down before lsp.

Me either, I'm genuinely interested so please don't think I'm trying to tell you you're wrong or anything.

Ahh yes it's worth using it before G1, I got slightly muddled up!

They do a little set here which I can't recommend enough, it's brilliant stuff. Applied it about 6 months ago and still works as good as the day I put it on.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You polish the glass before and protection goes on it.

You treat it the same as paint. Polish, cleanse then seal.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Most generic glass polishes are not a true polish in the sense of abrasive. Some contain very mild abrasives to aid cleaning but most a a thorough cleanser, but more than a typical glass cleaner. Rob at GTechniq advised G4 polish will not remove G1 sealant. nor would the AG glass polish. Best to use one of these before applying a proper sealant like G1 to leave a perfect base.

Carpro Ceriglass is a proper abrasive polish IIRC that can be used to remove scratches and imperfections, and will remove glass sealants.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
May opt for the ag stuff then? Seems pretty good value. On a seperate note using sonax after cleansing the car etc works so much better. It rained quite a bit last night, by the time I had got to work most the water had gone.