ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
So. Pressure washer seems OK. Tbh the old rac machine seems just as powerful and as it happens the lance fits the machine so I can get the snow foam to work fine. Contemplated just returning it but thought nah will keep it.

The high pressure attachment rattles and doesn't seem to be working. Rang argos and they are collecting the whole machine tomo as they have no stock. I said can't you just replace the part, no. Mmm okay. I think this got returned, advertised and I happened to be in the right or wrong place and bought it.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Anyone used the Tac Moonlight?

Just watched Forensic Detailing video and the longevity is very appealing

Lol, no but saw the results. If you wash your car fairly regularly and top up protection,is there any need for something so potent. I've been using Turtlewax so far and it's still beading over winter.

I think i read somewhere that Tac and Carpro are basically the same or it might have been Gyeon. £30 a bottle though....

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, no but saw the results. If you wash your car fairly regularly and top up protection,is there any need for something so potent. I've been using Turtlewax so far and it's still beading over winter.

I think i read somewhere that Tac and Carpro are basically the same or it might have been Gyeon. £30 a bottle though....
I've washed my E92 once since our NC500 trip in September and done 3 track days at KH since then [emoji23]

I'm all about that longevity

I did put a couple of coats of Cancoat on it back at the start of the first lockdown that's just about given up now

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's a good product, not as nice to use as some. Probably not a bad option if you really don't look after the car every few weeks with washing and topping.

My car essentially gets topped everytime I wash, as I dry it with a wipedown, boosts gloss again and helps dry it. Logevity has never been that high on my priority list.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
It's a good product, not as nice to use as some. Probably not a bad option if you really don't look after the car every few weeks with washing and topping.

My car essentially gets topped everytime I wash, as I dry it with a wipedown, boosts gloss again and helps dry it. Logevity has never been that high on my priority list.
Ideally I'd do a proper ceramic coating but I don't care enough for the paintwork to do so and have a full correction done etc [emoji28]

I do try and top it up Everytime it does get washed mind you with something to aid drying or a spray and rinse

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
A while back someone asked about glass sealant.

This stuff is pretty nifty. Handy you can jetwash it off to top up.

I'm quite liking the Infinity range at the moment

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
@Daniel

You still using the autosmart snow foam mate?
Yes! Meant to mention it to you actually.

I find it amazing on my van, which is cleaned regularly. But not polished or owt. But it’s cleaning powers are brilliant for a snow foam.

however, my partners car is waxed bi-weekly with various stuff and we snow foamed it the other night. It stripped so much off. The water behavior after was actually quite poor.

So go careful with it. It may well be user error (I did leave it on there for about 40 minutes) but it also could be very strong.
🤷🏼‍♂️

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Best all rounder pad to pair with Sonax perfect finish? Gonna give the Porsche and M135i a going over at some point. Should do a decent amount of correction I think, not looking for perfect.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Not used perfect finish but I regularly use Sonax 04-06 and find it works really well with Lake Country HD orbital orange pads. Some cut, good finish and the pads are soft enough to nicely follow curved panels.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah rules yellow for me. Actually an amazing combo on the rules mkiii.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Cheers all. I’ve ordered a Rupes yellow pad and Perfect finish. Then i’ll just dig out a wax to throw ontop. Should do the job!

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Lovely Audi SQ5 in today... Serious soft spot for these :love:

tempImageRqkNKp.png

tempImageg7niPf.png

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
What are people using for tyre dressing application? In the past I just buy a pack of small sponges from Aldi and crack on but they fall apart pretty quickly.

I'm also looking for a new tyre "scrubbing" brush.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have this. Used for ages and still going with no breaks in the foam. I got mine from halfords when they did offers, paid about £4.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
For scrubbing I use the Tuf shine brush.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I have this. Used for ages and still going with no breaks in the foam. I got mine from halfords when they did offers, paid about £4.

I used to use one of those back in the day but it eventually just ended up saturdated in product... then again that was a good 13 years ago and I was using (dont judge me) Maguires.