ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destiny

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Some of the infusing is weird. Last night I was allowed to infuse a legendary with a lower rated rare and my legendary shot up by 4 points. Wtf? Quite a few times that’s happened to me. Not complaining as it’s obviously good for me, but I thought the whole concept was to infuse an item you liked, with a higher rated item, to increase its rating.

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
Some of the infusing is weird. Last night I was allowed to infuse a legendary with a lower rated rare and my legendary shot up by 4 points. Wtf? Quite a few times that’s happened to me. Not complaining as it’s obviously good for me, but I thought the whole concept was to infuse an item you liked, with a higher rated item, to increase its rating.
If you check your legendary weapon there is most likely a legendary mod attached (these have special perks that can be applied to all pieces of armour and weapons. They boost the level by 5 (exotic come with these mods already attached). Attaching a rare mod will decrease its level by 5!
You legendary weapon say is at 290 (plus a 5 boost for this mod) sits at 295. you pick up a blue at 294 - you can infuse this as the weapons base stat is higher than your legendary (294 instead of 290) then you have the mod perk added meaning your weapon ends up at 299.
Make sense?! :p

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
If you check your legendary weapon there is most likely a legendary mod attached (these have special perks that can be applied to all pieces of armour and weapons. They boost the level by 5 (exotic come with these mods already attached). Attaching a rare mod will decrease its level by 5!
You legendary weapon say is at 290 (plus a 5 boost for this mod) sits at 295. you pick up a blue at 294 - you can infuse this as the weapons base stat is higher than your legendary (294 instead of 290) then you have the mod perk added meaning your weapon ends up at 299.
Make sense?! :tongueout:
It does! Cheers

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
It does! Cheers
Another strat for quick(ish) levelling - exotics I believe always drop at 10 higher light than your character (plus the +5 for weapon mod). Whenever I got a new exotic I would infuse it straight away into a legendary (chances are with its base being 10 higher than my character level it was going to be higher than that weapon/armour) plus you can always get an exotic from your vault collections :)

White APE
It’s not too bad once you know the mechanics. Baths is a bit like totems, pleasure gardens like gorgons, gauntlet, well that’s just a pain in the ass.

All made easier if you know the glitch to make no adds spawn.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
What level can you comfortably do the raid? As in not be killed in 1 shot. I'm hovering around 293 and I'm itching to try it.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Was it? Oh, you mean when Kallum said he wanted to do it. I didn’t realise that was a concrete plan...!
Lol, yeah, that's about as concrete as they get! This one seems more complicated than the Siva raid, and we didn't even do that. Hell, I still never finished Oryx!!

New level cap comes out with the new expansion too, from the news going about. 25 light and 325-ish power.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Every successful team needs a human meat shield. You are just doing your bit for the greater good... right?
In fairness I was always second behind you!
Lol, yeah, that's about as concrete as they get! This one seems more complicated than the Siva raid, and we didn't even do that. Hell, I still never finished Oryx!!

New level cap comes out with the new expansion too, from the news going about. 25 light and 325-ish power.
I didn’t see anyone say they’d be doing it so assumed it was just Kallum saying he wanted to do it! It’d be good if someone could read up on it, or watch a vid or two though!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member

We should go back and finish Oryx for you guys, it’s easy

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
I didn’t see anyone say they’d be doing it so assumed it was just Kallum saying he wanted to do it! It’d be good if someone could read up on it, or watch a vid or two though!
Yeah, we're totally unprepared for it. I watched a video, but what I got from it was that it requires communication. So, we're fucked!

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member

are they even trying to maintain the few players left playing?

Have you done the raid yet Steve? We might need an experienced 6th player!

Nope! I played for a few days of Iron banner and haven't been back on since... raid doesn't interest me; VoG was amazing, Crota was playable, never finished an Oryx run and I think I did the first part of the Siva raid... my hopes for this one aren't held high!
Having said that I am happy to jump in if you guys need a sixth/someone max light!
In fairness I was always second behind you!
Can't fault that! I want to see you topping the table above me next ;)

White APE
293 should be fine for the raid.
I quite enjoy this raid. As anything new, it looks more complicated than it is, that is unless you try prestige and then it’s just a b**ch.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've now put a fair few hours into Destiny 2 and I'm really enjoying it. I'm at the Level 20 cap with power around 250. However, I haven't got a clue about the mods and infusing. I guess I need to take advantage of those to increase my abilities, weapons, armour, etc. a bit quicker. I've had a fair few engrams and other bits but just tend to break down less powerful weapons for glimmer, bright dust and shards. No idea how best to use those though! :p

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've now put a fair few hours into Destiny 2 and I'm really enjoying it. I'm at the Level 20 cap with power around 250. However, I haven't got a clue about the mods and infusing. I guess I need to take advantage of those to increase my abilities, weapons, armour, etc. a bit quicker. I've had a fair few engrams and other bits but just tend to break down less powerful weapons for glimmer, bright dust and shards. No idea how best to use those though! :tongueout:
I wouldn’t worry too much about mods until 280 or so. As for infusing, it just allows you to retain gear you have already by consuming gear with a higher power level, for example:

You have a purple Scout Rifle, 250 power.
A blue scout rifle at 265 power drops.

Infuse the 265 rifle into the 250 rifle, and the 259 gun then becomes 265 power. There’s more to it when it comes to Mods (they give you an extra 5 power, for example) but that’s the very basics of it.

I am at 303 now. My favourite weapons are not my strongest - but that will come!! I am missing 3 exotic weapons and 2 armour.

Going for Trials on the Nine later which should be a blast!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone still playing? I don't think I left my LL above more than 300, never played any of the raids, new pack out this week (I think I had the expansion pass)

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Anyone still playing? I don't think I left my LL above more than 300, never played any of the raids, new pack out this week (I think I had the expansion pass)
Still on now and again, and have been keeping an eye on the news for the Warmind Expansion.
Still use it as a good way of keeping in touch with a couple of mates.

Exotics being buffed, and some getting some awesome perks (hard light will be able to cycle elemental damage types by holding down the reload button for example), masterworks with exclusive perks to the exotics too.
New crucible maps, new endgame challenge, harder to get to max light. Looking forward to it.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
I'll have to join in with your bunch of misfits JP if they're still playing, my clan is deader than a dead thing
Feel free. I don't think the guys will be on Tuesday night when the expansion drops, but Wednesday onwards we should be about.
Still not done the last 2 or 3 raids though

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Played it last night. Not done the new story yet, but did a flashpoint and challenges on Nessus, and already 341 and lvl 27. Thought it was supposed to be slower ranking up?!?

Think a few of us are on tonight though to do the new story.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
New story is too short, both new strikes are story missions, the third strike is once again a f**king Sony exclusive (10 year deal iirc)

The adventures and shiz after the story were pretty good though. Hit 30 last night, will try and get on again tomorrow

White APE
I still play pretty much daily. Been grinding Warmind. Been playing my characters in reverse to help get my main to as high as I can. Warlocks 350, hunter 349. Just to start my Titan main now.

Collected all the fragments for the sword yesterday.

Ranking up to 340 is easy. Going to massively slow down after 355/360.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah, at 343 already. After doing the weekly Flashpoint, some challenges on a couple of planets, and a nightfall.
Oh, and did the first mission on the new storyline too.