ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Desperation

VX220
Right, my tyres are now looking like racing slicks after putting off changing them as when i bought the car there is no sign of the wheel nut key. Tomorrow will be the day the bolts are hacked off if none of you guys can help. I have read that the wheel key could be in the 'break down kit' in the boot, can somebody please point me in the direction of where this could be..a picture would be really helpful!! Last chance for me guys,
cheers
Chris

M2 Competition
Hey dude,hows you?

Breakdown kit will be under your spare wheel in the boot. Lift spare wheel out and ye shall see.

Have you checked - ashtray in front, glovebox, under front seats etc?

Any good tyre fitter should have a locking wheel nut removal kit if worst comes to worst, 2 minute job then...

Cup'd Monaco 172
You can do this yourself with a decent socket set and a hammer.
I did it on the wifes toyota when i lost her key after changing the pads.

Tighten up the other nuts as much as you can.
Hammer on a socket thas tight of it.
Undo.

VX220
Cheers guys, nothing in the spare wheel well except the wheel. Im going to go to both renault ad national tyres tomorrow and see what they say. I bought one of the locking wheel nut removal tools from halfords but they have rotating collars so that didnt work!

Peperami, might be popping past your car in the next couple of days as im planning a trip to moto slect, i'll flyer you!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the collars can be pulled off with a pair of long nose pliars and a wee bit of force..

then hammer a socket over it

VX220
Havnt had much luck today, i went to renault and they were no much help (surprise surprise) then i went to a national auto place and they said they wont touch it incase they damage the wheels. So i came home and thought i would give it a go. I managed to snap two extension bars from my socket set, the problem im having is that i can only get a small socket over the nut, not a 1/4" socket so im using very light equipment...any other ideas?
Cheers again
Chris