ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deer+Clio=BAD :'( (PIC HEAVY)

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Ooof! Just shows you how quickly things can go wrong. Hope you get the car back to it's former glory.

Fiesta ST200
Going to get the car inspected first as was suggested above.

Not wanting to claim on insurance though. im only 19 and have a years no claims :)

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Gutted for you mate but at least you'll have her back on the road soon! Excuse to get Turini's?!

Going to get the car inspected first as was suggested above.

Not wanting to claim on insurance though. im only 19 and have a years no claims :)

Whilst that might seem logical, it's worth looking into it.

That looks like a write off to me, so you'd get lets say 4k from the insurance.

vs 2k to fix it yourself but no additional costs due to loss of no-claims.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I recently had a claim mate and it didnt put my insurance up alot tbh and it was nice getting the payout although a £750 excess and half a years insurance to pay took a fair chunk from what the insurance gave me for my car. As said its worth looking into it. Also i got £3950 for my rb £500 short of what i paid.
There was no way i was going to loose thousands just to keep my no claims.

Ultra Blue RS Megane
i highly doubt it will cost just 1k to repair, i too also think it looks like a write off

Fiesta ST200
I'll have a chat with my old man about claiming on insurance.

I will have it fixed by this time next week if I decide to repair it :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I laughed at it being 1k to fix

Actual lols.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my mate was once coming up to a roundabout extremely quick one night with a bike flying up in the lane beside him and suddenly blood went everywhere, he thought he had hit the biker, turned out the biker had went through a deer!! lucky he was ok, his bike was a write off and the deer was pretty much in 2!!

Fiesta ST200
Couple of hundred quid should see it with new body work and paint where needed. And the tracking checked and it will be good to go. Looks like I'll be taking the M4 from now on :/ I suppose they fit cruise for a reason so might as well put it to good use!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Couple of hundred quid should see it with new body work and paint where needed. And the tracking checked and it will be good to go. Looks like I'll be taking the M4 from now on :/ I suppose they fit cruise for a reason so might as well put it to good use!

I think Roy was joking. To get that done in my bodyshop, correctly via insurance would be a £1200+ repair.

Fiesta ST200
At the bodyshop at the minute, wheels are being done as we speak.

All the parts are ordered and the car should be back to me friday.

HAPPY DAYS :D

Good stuff glad you've got it all sorted, I would of said if that was an insurance job it wouldn't of been far off a write off but i'm glad its not as it looks like a nice motor :) You are lucky you didn't hit it! I hit a baby dear a few years ago in a Caterham and it was amazing the damage that they can do! Ripped the rad off, bent all the end of the chassis where the rad is mounted, ripped off the wings on both front wheels and the steel frame that holds them on! Pulled off the nose cone, Shredded the steering rack all in all not a nice experience but looking back it could of been alot worse!