ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Declan's NON SPORT MK3

Copy and pasted this over from clio197.net, will be updating both the progress blogs, will maybe be on here more though.

Right.. I've introduced myself in the newbies lounge, But i'll go on and tell the same stuff here to try and pad this out a bit.

My name is Declan, Trainee electrical design engineer, and before you all condemn me for buying a non sport, I've just sold my 182, I have a mk2 GTi 16v project and a 106GTi which has sat in the garage for the past few months.

I was looking at buying a 197, and selling the GTi's, but its went from a 5 mile round trip from home to my office, to a 45 mile round trip there and back. And being in the last year of my apprenticeship I'm not on amazing money at the moment.

I haven't got any pictures of my previous cars except my first car (1.2 8v mk2 ph2 clio) and my new car. I'll take some over the weekend though.

cliolow-1.jpg

Thats my first car, ended up getting broken for parts as it went in for the MOT and needed SO much work done. was on coilovers, helpers removed on the rear, had a straight through exhaust, enough LED's to light up the titanic, and 2 books worth of sticker bombing.

20120713_173049.jpg

Pick this up on Friday 20th. 1.4 Dynamique S, 37k, FSH, Getting a service before I pick it up and i'm getting the garage to do the cambelt.

A few parts arrived today, those being LED's to replace everything in the car, including numberplate and interior, all I haven't got yet is sidelights sorted out, also got a AUX lead to plug into the standard head unit, and a box of california scents!

Just ordered some pressed plates to go on the car, as well as some lamin-x for the fog lights and some carbon vinyl to do front and rear diamonds.

Had a play on photoshop and the plans are 40mm lowering springs (don't want coilovers) and want the rear wheels pushed out on 25mm spacers, and maybe the standard alloys sprayed anthracite, but preferably some 197 wheels.

PHOTOSHOP FRONT
plans.jpg

PHOTOSHOP REAR
media1copy.jpg

Haven't updated this, but been cracking on with a few bits and pieces until I get paid.

On the way home from the garage I bought it from, I got stuck in traffic, so took opportunity to change interior bulbs to LED's (501's) and then as soon as I got home, changed the number plate (501) and boot bulbs to LED's (c5w Festoon)
interior.jpg

boolight.jpg

Next thing I done was Debadge it, Autoglym Tar remover works a treat, I was left with a little shadow where the RENAULT used to be, that polished out with a little bit of effort.
debadge.jpg

Once the car was debadged, I decided that I would try and mix things up, so wrapped the rear badge in carbon vinyl, and also done the side bullets in carbon wrap and intend to put some Renault Sport stickers on them in white.
bulletsprogress.jpg

carbonbullet.jpg

badge2.jpg

platesandbadge.jpg

Then was pressed plates.
pressedplates.jpg

pressedplatelight.jpg

More progress to come. Front badge to be wrapped in carbon (hopefully leaving it on the car), Going to wrap some of the interior bits (just the silver trim across the dashboard, Not going overboard with it), and then next week its HID's, LED sidelights, fog lights and cornering lights, and maybe some lowwwws.

Haven't Updated this in a few weeks. But quite a bit of progress has been made.

Carbonnnnnn'd the bullets, front and rear diamonds, and added a little touch of my own to the car. Yes it isn't a renault sport, but it's life, I like how these have turned out.
20120726_140724.jpg

Also popped one on the silver trim inside the car, on the lookout for a new glovebox also, as you can see, the door is beginning to sag on this one.
20120726_140338.jpg

From this:
20120727_163801.jpg

To this:
20120727_163752.jpg

Just a bit of progress.

car3.jpg

A bit of whoring.
car2.jpg

Lows desperately needed.

LED Sidelights fitted without removing the bumper
leds.jpg

6k HID's fitted. Again, without removing the bumper.
hids.jpg

PS, If anyone wants HID's £48 plus postage and there yours

I was working on a new site, and there was a big building being demolished next to it, turns out I parked in the wrong place 100%
dust.jpg

NOW WITH LOWSSS.

FK 60/40 springs fitted as well as new droplinks. was a really easy job compared to some of the VW's i've worked on in the past. Took about 3 hours to get everything done, and that was in-between looking at my mates supercharged Lexus IS200 which wouldn't start.

DSCF4387.jpg

Rears need spaced badly. on 60/40 springs, cars starting to get the way I want it to be :)

Clio 1.6 16v VVT
Not trying to steal your limelight, I've just done my alloys, which are the same as yours I believe.

IMG-20120918-WA0001.jpg