ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat/Sensor Question.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Just a quick question regarding the post Cat sensor once decatted. Is it worth leaving it in, or taking it out, bunging the hole and cable tying it up? Just I had my decat fitted when I was down at K-tec getting my cambelt done and I provided them with a brand new Renault cat kit and a bung for the hole, but they put the sensor in and gave me the bung back saying It's better to leave it in? Now the my light has come on, but it has gone off again now, but it was doing that before my decat anyway. Just a little confuzzled as I hear lots of different options on whats best to do. :eek:

Thanks,
Mark

172/1.2/E30
Might be better to leave the sensor in to prevent dirt build up on it. Won't affect the engine management, just triggers the EML.

Twingo RS
Ive cut the wires to mine (2nd lambda) and not had any EML lights on in 2 months and 3000 miles with the DeCat.

Clio 172
I made a screw on metal cap for mine and cable tied it up. I have an Oreca decat with just the one hole. No EML on mine.