ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dealer driving my car...

RS 182 CUP
Would anyone like thier car thrashed for seven miles by a complete stranger, if so pm me! I have to do the odd test drive for my job, 2 miles at most to find/ solve problem

172 Race Car
So the car hasjust had the suspension and driveshaft apart and you dont think it needs to be tested afterwards?

Id not let a car go out untill i was happy with it. Cant tell that in 2 miles of slow moving traffic (where the dealer is located)

Discounted 1*2 parts
7 miles is an average road test at our place. no point in doing a 1 mile road test as faults may not show up in such a short time

Qashcow
mind you jay, they bolted the shock back up in such a way that is had visible positive camber, baring in mind what it started with AND id marked it when i had replaced the driveshaft 2 months ago. the car handled dangerously just down bristol road to chris mullins :s

Bumder With A Buffer
When mine was in It had 12 extra miles on and almost quarter of a tank gone..I think most of that was on boost cnuts :(

Oh and on top of the service/extar miles an estimate for repair of 3K.

Thanks f*****s.

Focus RS + S3
took mine for 2 CV boots, as soon as i dropped the car off i reset the trip computer, when i picked it up, 15ish miles added and the average MPG was under 25, they give it a nice go lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT
tbh aslong as they dont break anything or use all my fuel then they can do as they please on the test drive. I have proof the car was with them if I get a speeding ticket, and if they hammer it about over a few miles then it means the cars ready for how I drive it when it comes back. I'd rather the repair failed while they were hammering it up the back road nearby than it failed while I was driving it..

Lionel Richie
^exactly, if i do a cambelt change i drive the car hard after i've done it, better if something goes wrong in my custody than yours, plus how am i supposed to provide warranty on my work by pottering at 30mph for 5miles?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
^exactly, if i do a cambelt change i drive the car hard after i've done it, better if something goes wrong in my custody than yours, plus how am i supposed to provide warranty on my work by pottering at 30mph for 5miles?

Exactly. People would moan if something went the 1st time it was driven hard. Most new performance cars are utterly raped before the owner gets his hands on it.
In all honesty, 7 miles is nothing. That's a 10-15min drive.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Not tying to sound like a girl but if a cambelt failure is going to happen surley it'll happen at any speed/revs

(i had my car RR'd 2 days after the cambelt was done lol)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not tying to sound like a girl but if a cambelt failure is going to happen surley it'll happen at any speed/revs

But wouldn't iffy timing etc show up more under full power?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
But wouldn't iffy timing etc show up more under full power?

Im unsure Warren...? That was very much the reason i got the RR done to make sure the cam timing was done properly or atleast so i had a guide as to it being done properly atleast anyway! It made 176bhp which i was fairly satisfied with!

DCi 100
edit : WTF had they been doing touching anything to do with camber setup?!!?!?

Prob took the hub off instead of just pushing it out the way...

Not fussed on 7 miles, just as long as I know it's sorted. I won't leave a car I actually care about with someone I don't trust anyways.

Lionel Richie

try doing it the same day LOL!

its peace of mind for me aswell as the customer TBH, i've done hundreds of them, but you always have that feeling "what if", a paranoia of making a mistake

i'd rather put my mind at rest knowing i've tested the car properly then i know the only f**k up that can happen is the parts and not me!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
try doing it the same day LOL!

its peace of mind for me aswell as the customer TBH, i've done hundreds of them, but you always have that feeling "what if", a paranoia of making a mistake

i'd rather put my mind at rest knowing i've tested the car properly then i know the only f**k up that can happen is the parts and not me!

I dont bloody blame you mate! As you say, its very much 'what if'

My cambelt was done by arnold clark, hence the 400 'hard' miles over 2 days and then a RR to see what was what...! :eek:

Megane 225 F1
Move the seats in clio = you must die lol.

FLOL so true.

Dan' at a meet the other week parked my car up for me (slave FTW). When I got back in it, I thought I had grown like a foot. I then remembered he is shorter than me lol.

Barge
I had this problem 4-5 years ago with a dealer driving my C2 GT 19 miles for a shagged started motor, yes a starter motor.

I ended up with a full tank of fuel, free C2 mats and an extended 6 month warranty free of charge, i am a customer service advisors worse f**king nightmare.

Snap, although they were only fixing Recaro seats in mine when the stealers did it so they didn't actually have to drive it anywhere to 'test' those. I did laugh though when they'd left their classical CD in there and couldn't find out who'd taken it out even from looking at their comprehensive CCTV. Knobs.

Anyway, I'd say for something mechanical such as that, then they need to test that it is working correctly. Seven miles isn't a huge deal. I'm sure you'd want it back working rather than f**ked.

Qashcow
I won't leave a car I actually care about with someone I don't trust anyways.

thats the problem, normally i'd do it myself or take it to people i know/trust. Renault wouldnt let me do it myself because it was under warrenty (the drive shaft i purchased 2 months ago had a faulty abs ring)

Move the seats in clio = you must die lol.

bolted to the floor FTW :D

Evo 8 MR
It's something that needs to be done, deal with it, the car can take it.

I'm not fussed what anyone does with mine because if they break something they have to fix it. I'd be asking questions if I'd lost half a tank of fuel though.

Clio RS 200
I dont give a toss if the hammer mine after any work. But if they leave it dirty god help them!