ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dealer driving my car...

Qashcow
now normally it wouldnt bother me, but today it has. why did Renault Gloucester need to drive my car 7 miles when replacing my offside driveshaft?

i didnt have time to go back into the dealer because i was picking it up in my lunch break, the part was in stock and doesnt need that much of a test drive to make sure it goes around..... surely?

nuggets

small rant over

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Driveshaft is a tricky one mate, quite an important component although 7 miles is quite a bit it's a decent test drive to make sure there's nothing wrong.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I had this problem 4-5 years ago with a dealer driving my C2 GT 19 miles for a shagged started motor, yes a starter motor.

I ended up with a full tank of fuel, free C2 mats and an extended 6 month warranty free of charge, i am a customer service advisors worse f**king nightmare.

Some of you will moan about absolutely anything.

Next you'll be going back in to complain they touched your air vents. f**k me.

Peugeot 308
I had this problem 4-5 years ago with a dealer driving my C2 GT 19 miles for a shagged started motor, yes a starter motor.

I ended up with a full tank of fuel, free C2 mats and an extended 6 month warranty free of charge, i am a customer service advisors worse f**king nightmare.

LOL!

Fiesta ST3
lol half of CS would probably cringe if you saw me on test drive!
i quite enjoyed the blast (test drive) you took me on in my car the other month after-all there's a difference between a car being driven how it was intended and just being ragged to death...

Skoda fabia Vrs
7 miles? come on mate you would complain if it made a horrible noise if they didn't test drive it...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
7 miles is a lot though isn't it? Its only a driveshaft replacement.

I'm guessing the mechanic thought ''fcuk me, this looks fast'' and took it out for a longer than usual blast.

But I wouldn't personally worry, as long as the cars fixed properly.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Noto nly is it not very much, it could have been due to an honest mistake. Ie missing a junction on an A road

Qashcow
I just thought that was a little excessive to ‘check the wheel goes round’…

It wouldn’t normally bother me, but they put on Heart FM too lol. talk about positive camber afterwards, was undriveable when i picked it up. left it at my mates workshop to be set up tomorrow now, good times

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i probly do about 2 miles then come back and check it to make sure gearoil isnt leaking

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
I just thought that was a little excessive to ‘check the wheel goes round’…

It wouldn’t normally bother me, but they put on Heart FM too lol. talk about positive camber afterwards, was undriveable when i picked it up. left it at my mates workshop to be set up tomorrow now, good times

I think i know what you mean mate. Its how those seven miles were driven that would bug me!

Qashcow
lol half of CS would probably cringe if you saw me on test drive!

see that wouldnt bother me because they/we/owner know you ;)

i mean, ive let mr hunter loose in it on track before and im not one for driving it slowly. i'd just hope it wasnt the spotty aprentice taking it out really

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
7 miles is fook all to be honest i do about 5 miles normaly abit of motorway then an a road with a bit of bumps perfect.

SG9 Forester STi
That's nothing, a mechanic who worked on my car (had it for a few days) told me he took the car for a 2 hour test drive! I had forgotten to record the mileage so couldn't raise a complaint really.

Mini Cooper S sport
It's only 7 miles, not worth getting your knickers in a twist over.

Noto nly is it not very much, it could have been due to an honest mistake. Ie missing a junction on an A road

Oh sure, they're not likely to know the roads near where they work..

Clio Hybrid / S3
I would say it's fine. I know when my drive shaft was buggered it'd take a few miles for it to get up to a temperature and lock in place.

Qashcow
f**k me, it's only 7 miles, it's hardly a concourse Ferrari is it?

no thankyou, well since asking the question ive learnt its normal, and its my pride and joy wether its a f**king ferrari or a clio. but thanks for your input none the less

172 Race Car
f**k me Dave, its about 5 miles to the roundabout at Hardwicke so they haven't even taken it that far. Probably down to the Park and Ride roundabout and back. Thats Nothing!

Big girl