ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dead Island

53 Clio's & counting
A few hours into it now and tbh for me it just gets better and better!

I dont play in on my own, only with 1 or 2 mates, and simply running around, exploring and trying to not get eaten, it's bloody awesome lol

Evo
Sorry to bump an old thread but thought I'd share my opinion.

Been playing this for a month long now and just completed it this evening. This is one seriously long game! It's a rare thing these days and reminds me of the days of MGS and the like. Overall really enjoyed this, for anyone who's not finished it and thinks the town is difficult, wait for the prison! Only problems I'd have is the cutscenes include every character even when playing solo which spoilt it abit and when you die you simply respawn so kind of makes it abit easy. The beach and hotel area is very nicely designed and the town really does look spooky and abandoned, luv it!

But a solid 8/10 for me, anyone thinking of playing a genuinely challenging and enduring game this is defo worth a play.

Bmw e92 335d
Resurecting this thread like a boss!!!!!! :cool:
just bought this game for a mess around. But jesus its hard. I dont want to struggle through it just want to pass abit of time. My question is has anybody on here got very far. Im just starting but looks of it guns come much later. If someone has got some guns they dont want, do they want to donate them to me? Im level ten so can use them! Im playing a unpatched version on xbox360.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The 2nd one (riptide) is exactly the same, it's basically just like an add on to the first game. I do find it fun but just gets boring too quickly, all there is to the game is bashing R1, lol.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up for cheap, played for a few hours til some c**t joined my game and I lost 3 hours of zombie smashing. Now back to the f**king prologue and can't see a way to load back where I was.

c***s.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up for cheap, played for a few hours til some c**t joined my game and I lost 3 hours of zombie smashing. Now back to the f**king prologue and can't see a way to load back where I was.

c**ts.

I had very similar issues on the original game. I remember spending several hours one Saturday afternoon with two other players who were pretty good. The instant they left the game, the progressed we made hadn't been 'saved' and it was all virginal territory again.

As I said before, Dead Island could have been ground-breaking, if they had just applied a bit more sense, effort and logic to the game mechanics. As it is, it's one seriously flawed and frustrating game to play. I gave up on it ages ago.

D.

Last edited:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I picked up the sequel too to see if it was any better. Much the same :/

So much potential ruined. Made sure to stick it on single player mode this time though.