ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dead Island Riptide - Worthy Of Our Time?

RB 182
Just been looking at the upcoming release of Dead Island 2, aka Dead Island Riptide.

All of the reviews say the same things, it's pretty much the same as the first one!

I Liked the first one, but i'm not sure if that's because it was only played online WITH people. you can still play co-op in Riptide, but i've moved out of my shared flat now, and playing single player was difficult/boring.

Here's the IGN Review on YouTube;

Whadda you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
TBF it's getting very poor reviews. However, so did the first one, so if you liked that, you're quids in.

RB 182
I played the first one for a while again last night and discovered two things.

1. it's actually pretty scary.

2. i get stressed from dying so often.

can't decide whether i want it or not!

RB 182
AND, another thing. The US 'Rigor Mortis' edition is soooo much cooler than ours.

​Jealous.

RB 182
it's definitely worth a play.

you'll know within 30 mins if you like it or not too, which is..useful.

i was using a 'Glorious-Shock Morning Star', which seemed to work well. Skulls were broken.

53 Clio's & counting
Funnily enough I've just got back I I to the first one again, f**k the story line, me and a few mates just wander round exploring chopping up zombies lol

I'd suggest we all get it, then play online together.. but my gold ran out last month :dapprove:

might have to try and find a 48 hour thingy.

Blockbuster? (rent)

probs will do once my dissertation is in monday... even with exams the week after lol

although I get paid on the 1st anyway so may aswell buy it then :)

oh and I'm up for some multiplayer once I have it

Clio 1.2 16v
Was gonna make a thread on this yesterday but thought it'd just be me, Gman and LiamC talking about it so didn't bother,
I am however looking forward to getting it tomorrow.

The first was great fun and i'm sure the reviews are only based on the single player aspect of it anyways

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
To me, this should really of been made a DLC, as nothing has changed with it, just like cod, No changes to the game, just on a different map, but I did enjoy the first game, 4 player co op does make it fun.

Fiesta ST-3
Got this through today, I'm really into dark souls at the minute though...

I loaded it up, played the tutorial and it seems exactly like the first one. Not a bad thing as I actually quite liked the first one. There's something quite satisfying about wandering round hitting zombies with a baseball bat.

However this can now wait until dark souls is finished with as I'm not all that excited about it now.

I'll be playing on 360, chriscreasy is my gamer tag if anyone is playing online.

Clio 1.2 16v
Can you actually totally clear the island of zombies or do they just keep spawning?

They re-appear every time you load a cut scene, theres one spot on a hill where they continually spawn on a rooftop infront of you, great if you're John and big boot them back down the stairs lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be staying well clear of this, short of it appearing at 99p on Steam.

The first game was an utter mess. A ludicrous, pathetic leveling-system of enemy zombies in single player, where they magically rose in toughness as your own stats progressed. A foot-stomp generated 6-times the damage of a hand grenade (seriously, WTF?). Then you got to the multiplayer. Unlike the VASTLY superior L4D franchise, the MP game was stupidly, stupidly easy. I'm sure that if I teamed up with lame beagle, a two-legged goat and a blind person - I'm still convinced that we'd blitz through the game. All the time, while I was asleep.

Flawed, boring, empty and totally unsatisfying. Fun for about 10mins.

D.