ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-Cat... Is It Worth It

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Right im going to buy a full exhaust soon. I like the idea of yozzasport system & I like the idea of a de-cat. But I dont fancy being deaf before im 20.

Is a de-cat really that noticable difference or wont it be missed?

Thanks, Any idea's or experiences on this.

Last edited:
I decatted my k-tec stealth supersport and couldn't take the noise. Didn't feel much if any gain from it. I believe the Yozzasports would be even louder after being decatted.

R26
Just had my ktec decat fitted (thanks Hutchie :approve:) and i love the noise it makes

The car is a lot smoother to drive now too

Chocolate Bar™
i dont think the yozzasport decatted is as loud as some people make out. get the decat, as you'll only regret the lack of rasp

Za**** & Xr250R
I've got a yozza on my 182 and i had a decat fitted aswell it was super loud the novelty wore off after a few week's and i took it off now my yozza sound's quiet and more tolerable. I didn't notice and difference in performance when fitted !!!

Im interested in the legal side of things. A car would'nt pass a legit MOT without a cat im most cases right? Therefore the cars not road legal? Therefore the car is not insured?

How do people get around this? Or Is it a take your chances game?

Iceburg 172FF
Im interested in the legal side of things. A car would'nt pass a legit MOT without a cat im most cases right? Therefore the cars not road legal? Therefore the car is not insured?

How do people get around this? Or Is it a take your chances game?

Pretty much bang on from what I understand. Most just take their chances and swap it back over for MOT time, I do anyway. :rasp: