ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCi

Meg on pistonheads £6995

Yep!

was a bit smoother, quiter and refined than my dCi 80, but prob. cos of that didnt FEEL any faster!!

A DCi 80 is actually about 85 and is a LOT quicker than 1.2 or 1.4 petrol mid-range where it really matters - 145lb/ft torque compared to about 80lb/ft for 1.2 and 100lb/ft for 1.4!

Ive got a Induction Kit (yet to fit) for about 3-5bhp and Superchips will take an 80 to 100 (103 to 105 with IK) for £450! - coming soon!

Also 80 is slightly more economical, cheaper to insure (3 instead of 5 I think)

I ONLY paid £9800 from a Reno dealer with air and metallic when the list was 11K!

Ah well I fancy one of the Dci 100s for economy, but I want to be able to get it with more oomph so its closer to a golf tdi power.

Ive got one as a courtesy car until my 182 is ready to collect (hopefully today if they sort my plate out!) - its not too bad really, although its been a while since I drove a car with such a low redline!

It pulls well throughout the range and I cant get below 35mpg no matter how I drive! Didnt feel as nose-heavy as Golf TDis too...

Matt

Excellent, I will have to try and book one on test drive for a weekend or something.

Will continually mod it until its quicker than a 182 ;)

Ive done a few few posts on this have a search. http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=76476&SearchPagePosition=1&search=dci&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Thread&forum=6&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=SearchHeres one post there another about the same date but I cannot find it

Depends what dci you start with your potential
The 65hp has ~70hp when run in and with a tunning box gets about 84hp, remap about 88hp

The 80hp has ~85hp when run in and with a tunning box gets about 105hp, remap about 105hp

The 100hp has ~105hp when run in and with a tunning box gets about 115hp, remap about 120hp Difficult to know for sure though as thereve yet to be worked on AFAIK

The 65 and 80 share the same engine only difference is bigger injectors fuel pump and an intercooler on the 80.

There load you can do upto a point then it becomes big money.

All the usualt petrol mods will work intake + exhaust + chipping. Although as its a dci chipping will have a greater effect as the turbo pressure can be turned up easily.

Unlike a petrol air fuel mixture doesnt matter as much as fuel = power (upto a point)

What exactly are you looking for I think the old 1.9 Megan engine with 80 or 110hp can be dropped in Mk2 1 Clios easily enough but Mk2 2 have the ultiplex wiring so its more difficult.

Well 120bhp in a clio is plenty and will probably be quicker than my dads 130bhp golf. But then this is probably another one of my continual change of minds.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

remember a Golf weighs about 1400kg, a Clio dCi is 980kg

so a dCi 100 (or chipped 80) is roughly the same power to weight as a Golf TD PDi 130 (actually about 145bhp)

If you want it to be as fast as 172, forget it!

save your modding cash and buy a Seat Ibiza PD 130 and chip it to 172! (about 12.5K). There is a thread that puts them only a fraction apart from a Clio 172 (twice the torque helps!)

BUT anything else will never be group 3 insurance OR do 70mpg OR £80 Tax OR cost peanuts to run!!

you can have "quickish and cheap" or "fast and not"?

I fancied an Ibiza PD130, but 2K dearer to buy AND about £1000 p.a more to run!!

I dont like the Seats having looked at them unfortunatly, but 120bhp is fine for me that should bring it to under 10 seconds easily 0-62

Think you need to change your car details it still says you have a 1.2.

The problem is that a 130 VAG engine is in reality about 145hp its due to German diesel taxation rules.