ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCi Wide Track Conversion, What driveshafts?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
got a set of 182 arms, hubs, brakes, suspension, ARB for my DCi 80, just wondering do I need the driveshafts? I remember something about 172, cup, 182 all using different shafts is that correct or is it just the cup that had specific shafts?

what about ABS do all clios have the same amount of teeth on the front?

trying to do the research so its a simple afternoons work to swap it all over as I need the car and don't really want it off the road for any longer than it needs to be.

cheers

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Don't you need the subframe too? I might be wrong.
na subframe is the same fitment, RS one does have the mounting for the 4th engine mount that the non Rs one has but you can just drill that anyway, I believe the RS one might be thicker from memory but I cant remember.

lower arms are interchangeable though I know that much!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Between the gearbox and the subframe, on the underside near the front, visable from the passengers wheel arch if you remove the wheel and pull the arch linger back

Many.
Cup (thats 172 cup), or Ph1 O/S shaft, I found lengh didn't matter, Mines had both. N/S Can be 182 non cup, or Ph1/cup again.

Fit the DCi ABS sensors, they should all be same amount of teeth, but check your DCi, as the Sports are All 44.

Another tiny point, make sure you have sport (M14) shock to hub bolts, Non sports are only M12.

Any probs give me a shout, I did it a couple of years ago, obviously its very out of my mind now as I keep thinking about the 1.9 stuff I did. If you get stuck for Shafts, I'll check my stock but I think I threw them anyway lol

Renault clio dci 80
got a set of 182 arms, hubs, brakes, suspension, ARB for my DCi 80, just wondering do I need the driveshafts? I remember something about 172, cup, 182 all using different shafts is that correct or is it just the cup that had specific shafts?

what about ABS do all clios have the same amount of teeth on the front?

trying to do the research so its a simple afternoons work to swap it all over as I need the car and don't really want it off the road for any longer than it needs to be.

cheers

hi, im new to the forum ive carried out this conversion which im selling now so if you know anyone interested check it out lol.

ill give you a full list of parts i used to carry out the conversion
Full rear cup beam upgrade including brake conversion from drums to discs.
Rear cup suspension.
Front adjustable koni shocks, Eibach lowering springs all round.
Front wishbones, drive shafts, anti roll bar,
Front brakes upgraded to clio sport.
Matt lewis racing braided brake lines
Poly bushed front end.

Clio sport side skirts,
Clio sport front wings (wider than standard)
Clio sport projector headlights with xenon lights,
Clio sport front bumper.

the abs rings are the same i think its the sensors which are different (which ive not changed and the abs light is on but never bothered me)