ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci MAPPING..

I don't
Hi guys,

after much consideration I am going to settle for a Dci 65/80, but, I am going to get it mapped to up the power to around 100bhp and p/ft who knows, so I just got off the phone to "a very well renound mapper of race/road cars" as I have heard from many, many people that they are the guys you want for effective and safe mapping, after a very quick chat with them they informed me that the stock clio ECU cannot be mapped, only flashed, he recommended someone to me but it seemed long and drawn out process,

so, please can everyone get together and reccomend some hassle free and SAFE mappers (or flashers) I can use to achieve 100bhp from my Dci..

ie: who does everyone here use/recommend

Thankyou!

I don't
Hi guys,

I have found exactly what I need in a 65/80, if anyone knows where I can find a blue (the mint bright blue) 3dr Dci 100 with 60k or less for under 3k let me know! there isn't one, hence my predicament..

now how about those recommendations? D:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
dCi 80 will be plenty. Not like you're going to 2/400...

Really don't see the point but good luck anyway.

50 or 100k on a dCi, doesn't matter .. depends how it has been looked after. You'll never know the answer to that anyway.

I don't
Hi guys,

I would spend £400+ on a good mapping session but as my chosen mapper told me they cannot be mapped only flashed, makes me want to buy an aftermarket ECU for full mapping but the costs just spiral out of control, how frustrating, the box thing sounds like a signal conditioner or blocker, in other words a bodge, I can't believe they cannot just transfer the Dci 100 map onto my 65/80 somehow, what a headache!

2/400?

I don't
And the other thing is guys I can only find a blue 3dr '65 that meets my requirements so as you can see there will be a significant up in power!

DCi 100s are rare to come by and usually come in pauper spec etc. Have a look over on cliodci.net for tuning guides and mapping figures from 65/80's.

IIRC an 80 can get circa 110bhp after a map, injectors and a better FMIC.
an 100 can see 120bhp after a map and has a better torque curve, very similar to a petrol car.

Do some reading, some interesting stuff over there.

I don't
Hi there,

Giraffe,

ah yes I agree!, I will however take my chances!

JonG,

I have been on there its a great site hardly any activity though, when you say "map" do you mean flash? as I have been informed they cannot be mapped, I am aware that a factory ECU can only really be mapped to a poor standard in comparison to an aftermarket item, I will do the reading and make the effort, but, if the only option to improve my power is a signal blocker which it is beginning to sound like it is I will leave it with stock power,

Thankyou all, don't know what else to say really!

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
mine is a dci 65 with a tuning box, its no ball of fire but gets 75mpg in town so is an awesome runabout, got an R26 intercooler to go on but only because its spare, not going for power figures as its a runabout, just can't leave things alone ;)

there was a place local to me that could flash it, apparently to 80+bhp, they were a franchise of chips UK

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Most stock ecus are just flashed then logs taken and the map adjusted so yes they can be mapped and if you can be bothered to hack saw the ecu case you can even use an emulator to live map although pointless on a diesel IMO. Have a custom map done on the Dyno and you will see some good increases!

I don't
Most stock ecus are just flashed then logs taken and the map adjusted so yes they can be mapped and if you can be bothered to hack saw the ecu case you can even use an emulator to live map although pointless on a diesel IMO. Have a custom map done on the Dyno and you will see some good increases!

?, I tell you what you and the guys I just got off the phone with would clash terribly in your opinions they are renound mappers and I asked them to put my Dci on a dyno run for mapping and they said it does not work like that and to have it sent away and flashed or whatever, I really want a dyno mapping session, surley they can't be wrong?, lets settle this once and for all!,

p.s. where are you located?

53 Clio's & counting
RS Tuning is in Leeds mate and worth the trip - Paul knows the standard Siemens ECU inside and out

I don't
Really?, thats an 8 hour journey for me, anyone know of anywhere in SE uk?, or atleast within 4hr round trip?

53 Clio's & counting
its also an 8 hour trip for me dude but as i have had first hand experience with RS Tuning i can tell you its worth it! iv fact iv done the trip twice! lol

I don't
I did an 8hr round trip to buy a car once, and it broke straight away! but jst to get mapped is madness!

53 Clio's & counting
lol bear in mind how accurate you HAVE to be when mapping, how much of a skill it is, letting just anyone map your car is madness mate!

Paul is renound as one of the best Renault tuners in the country and has the most knowledge and research of the Seimens ECU - to have the best work on the largest single piece of equipment that could make or break your car is plenty worth the trip!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
a 65 wont really hit the 100hp mark, expect high 90's at the max, and thats pushing it and fitting an intercooler, the injectors cant cope.

80 and 100s share the same injectors, an 80 will hith 110hp with a good map

100 will do 125hp+

100s have a much better torque band on them and they rev really well for a diesel, mine used to pull past 5k and still making good power! the newer dci106 is totally different ive never got it above 3k.

personally if i was you id be avoiding 65's, id take an 80 if it was a good price but id be forgetting about colours and just buy a good 100.

dci100's came in extreme 4's (not very well specced), Dynamique (most have the cool pack on them so you get climate control and electric sunroof, few have xenons, cruise control etc), you also got them in Initiale models but only in 5 door.

we have a group buy going on at www.renaultdci.net with Powertune Scotland for £200 a map, he also does any single renaultdci.net members car for £225