ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci 65 lack of power

I have a dci 65 and it has a serious problem regarding acceleration. I know its only a 65, but it is so much worse than when i first got it! Vans and trucks can have more takeoff than it!

It will struggle to go more than 60 accelerating uphill foot to the floor in 5th. Doing that for too long also brings up a red engine light and a red light saying stop. Sometimes you can feel it as if it does have a bit of power, but then you can feel it drop off and theres nothing, if you can understand what I mean? I cant see any smoke coming out of it, I have tried cleaning the egr valve. There are no warning lights on the dash either.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
can you hear the turbo boosting? is it giving off excess smoke when your getting up the revs?

I had one with a boost leak and it would start to pull about 1500rpm then drop off at 1800rpm and start giving off thick black smoke due to the lack of air. it was a boost pipe that had cracked around one of the boost sensors.

can you hear the turbo boosting? is it giving off excess smoke when your getting up the revs?

I had one with a boost leak and it would start to pull about 1500rpm then drop off at 1800rpm and start giving off thick black smoke due to the lack of air. it was a boost pipe that had cracked around one of the boost sensors.

Yeah, you can hear the turbo boosting. I havent seen any smoke from the back of it though.

Could the turbo actuator be the problem? It wont move the wastegate when it is bolted into place on the turbo, however when the actuator is unbolted from the turbo the wastegate moves. Could this be causing the problem?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I have a dci 65 and it has a serious problem regarding acceleration. I know its only a 65, but it is so much worse than when i first got it! Vans and trucks can have more takeoff than it!

It will struggle to go more than 60 accelerating uphill foot to the floor in 5th. Doing that for too long also brings up a red engine light and a red light saying stop. Sometimes you can feel it as if it does have a bit of power, but then you can feel it drop off and theres nothing, if you can understand what I mean? I cant see any smoke coming out of it, I have tried cleaning the egr valve. There are no warning lights on the dash either.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks

couple of things I'd check. First would be if the engine cover has rubbed a hole into the fuel lines. That happened to me once and it made the car die under boost, the pressure opened a hole and spurted fuel out.

id then unplug the map sensor on the top right of the airbox and see if the car goes better. It's runs on standard settings without that so is a good test.

Check if the egr can operate correctly. Clean it out including the hard pipe. Don't take the egr housing off through as you need special clic pliers to take off the little 90 degree pipe. Unplug the egr and again try with and without.

Lastly does the turbo spin freely and are all the pips still connected. Sometime the vacuum pipe can work off