ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Day off & a new lens (Mini Cooper S content).

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
I finally purchased a lens I've had my eye on for a good few months (35mm f1.8, FYI). With a day off work today I gave the Mini a really quick clean and headed out for a few test shots.

Here is the outcome:

11051374603_28982b3a1e_c.jpg

11051202945_6d9e3903bb_c.jpg

11051202785_6778ed36a3_c.jpg

11051374313_6803a5cd91_c.jpg

11051319934_1d5cc64e59_c.jpg

11051200465_f23f9000e2_c.jpg

11051288736_490f6c4941_c.jpg

On a side note, I fully love this car. I've had it now for a little over 3 months and have really bonded with it. It's a great all rounder - well spec'd, great fun and fast enough for a B road blast but also comfortable and very economical when you need it to be. I can't see me getting rid any time soon!

:D

Car looks good, the DoF with that lens is spot on as well.
Some of the locations look familiar, but can't place them.
Are they in Leeds somewhere?

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Nice!

Im im really starting to like these, I've been looking at the the cooper s and cooper sd online, they have good spec and the insurance is cheap!

Good do job with the shots too :)

Octavia VRS LE
Loved my little s. Same colour as yours but had the bullet alloys I think they are called. Best colour to have too!! Fun little car, just cost a little to much on the commute to work :/ had it just under a year.

Insurance is is very cheap compared to a 182. Think I got quoted 1500 for a 182 and 600 for my cooper s. At the time I was 19-20

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Have you ever had an RS Clio (I assume you have from being a member on here but just checking), if so how do they compare?

Yes mate:

6005333467_bd335d10f9_b.jpg

IMO they're very similar in terms of performance. Certainly just as fun & mine feels just as quick as any RS Clio I've ever driven. The Mini however feels better built and a bit more grown up.

I think one of the main benefits of the Mini is the performance gains available for minimal costs. For example if I spent £299 on a reduced supercharger pulley, I'd see around 200bhp. That's my plan for spring :).

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate:

IMO they're very similar in terms of performance. Certainly just as fun & mine feels just as quick as any RS Clio I've ever driven. The Mini however feels better built and a bit more grown up.

I think one of the main benefits of the Mini is the performance gains available for minimal costs. For example if I spent £299 on a reduced supercharger pulley, I'd see around 200bhp. That's my plan for spring :).

Ah yes, I think I remember seeing that Clio before, it looks smart!

Thanks, it's good to hear it from someone who has experienced both and to know they are similar in terms of performance.

I'm seriously tempted though! An insurance quote for one of these was nearly half what i'm being quoted for a 182. Admittedly, the Mini's are slightly more expensive to buy, but the spec is great and other costs are considerably cheaper.

Tangoed Works
Haha pedantic! They do age very well. Getting some more funzies done to mine in a couple of weeks, still not bored after 5 years of ownership!