ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dark Souls 2

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I haven't got a Soul Vessel but apparently there's a glitch to get unlimited items. Meh.

Anyway, I was doing great last night, and then came up against the Pursuer. I summoned two guys to help me but still died, and it was a stupid death. I know fine well I could have beaten him, so that's another reason for me starting over. Want to beat this guy first time as you only get one chance until he shows up much later on in the game.

Fiesta ST-3
I've got 2 of them soul vessels! Although I have no desire to glitch - it's the difficulty that I love.

Really!? You only get one chance? I'm sure it took me a few attempts when you come against him up the stairs on the fallen giants place.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've got 2 of them soul vessels! Although I have no desire to glitch - it's the difficulty that I love.

Really!? You only get one chance? I'm sure it took me a few attempts when you come against him up the stairs on the fallen giants place.

Yeah second time you meet him you get a few goes. First time, only once in Forest of the Giants.

Fiesta ST-3
Ahh do you mean when the crow drops him by the firebombing hollow man? Just above the room with all the crossbows?

I didn't fight him, I was weak and puny and hoped that he didn't take a disliking to me - which he didn't. That and the fact I had way too many souls to risk losing I just waited and he fucked off.

Fought him about 30 mins later after I slaughtered the big man tree though.

Apparently he pops up much later on as well - so he's in 3 times!? Wtf is his problem?

I'm in a quandary, i need to start using/uprading a bow now.....

* i've got Short Bow
* (can get) Long Bow
* i've got See Bow
* i've got Bell keeper Bow
* (can get Dragon rider Bow (but the price is Dragon Riders soul and upgrades with rare Dragon Bones...... is it worth it? will the soul be better used further down the line ....if at all?)
* or wait for Hunters Black Bow

Decisions decisions
I' don't want to waste upgrade gear

Fiesta ST-3
I'm in a quandary, i need to start using/uprading a bow now.....

* i've got Short Bow
* (can get) Long Bow
* i've got See Bow
* i've got Bell keeper Bow
* (can get Dragon rider Bow (but the price is Dragon Riders soul and upgrades with rare Dragon Bones...... is it worth it? will the soul be better used further down the line ....if at all?)
* or wait for Hunters Black Bow

Decisions decisions
I' don't want to waste upgrade gear

I seem to have lost the ability to summon anyone. Not sure why!? I'm in the heirs of the sun covenant but I thought that was a coop covenant!?

Literally can't ever see any signs when human... But soon as I put mine down I'm summoned. I don't get it! Any ideas?

I need someone's help for the first boss in iron keep - he's solid solo!

As for the bows - which bow is it that's used for the massive arrows which the dudes in iron keep fire at you? I can buy the arrows but can't seem to use them

He's only gone and done it!!!

As you can see i've used the Soul Vessel... i needed/wanted to start using Magic/Miracles and i was so far away from being able to do so. Small things, like constantly having to use a 'Homeward Bone' instead of using 'Homeward bound' and no healing spells, etc. Not to mention i was encountering people good and bad using all sorts of magic, while i was trying to wade in with my sword and getting banjo'd left right and centre.

A quality build is much more me - thats what i was on both the previous games.

The spells i have at present are all pretty lame, but i feel so much closer to the good gear that roughly starts in INT/FAITH mid to late 20's

Obviously, the downside is i now have a very very slight fat roll (still with the same gear on) and i have a bit left attack power and endurance, but the fact i'm only a few points away from being back as i was and only a few away from decent spells and stuff makes me feel warm inside!!! :p

securedownload_zps970ae50a.jpg

securedownload-1_zps9a1b73aa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST-3
How are we all getting on? I've just reached the undead crypt. SL122.

The summoning thing had broken because despite being within 10 levels of each other, total soul memory wasn't within 10%.

Fixed now!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
urm haven't stop playing the bloody thing:S Currently 120 hours done so far, SL208 ( 7.5mil souls total ) ... Currently just kicking about helping out others before starting NG+ , have killed the last boss just need to access ng+ at the bonfire when I am ready. Finally managed to kill the Ancient Dragon today after many many failed attempts due to the dodgy camera angle:dapprove: its a sub boss and doesn't need to be done but wanted to get it out the way before starting over. ( get a Soul of Giant and petrified dragon bone for killing it ) .

Absolutely loving it but need to give it a rest me thinks and try out a few other games I have got, PS4 hasn't been turned on in 2 weeks:clown:

Nissan 350z
I am selectively ignoring all Dark Souls 2 related content until the PC version later on. Its proving tough not to cave in and get it on the Xbox!

Fiesta ST-3
Oh my god 120 hours!? Have you seen sunlight over the last 2 weeks? That's intense. I thought I was bad at 50 hours. What's your load out of choice?

I can't believe the depth of the game, it's even bigger than the first one - I thought that would be impossible!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Haha, tbh it has flown by and I honestly didn't notice it was that long as I am so engrossed in it, the game needs a health warning on the cover:p

My main current equipment consist of :

Black Knight Greatsword +5
Defender's Shield +3
Hunters Blackbow +10 ( +1000 of each type of Arrow )
Dark Pyromancy Flame +10

Heide Knight Iron Mask +9
Alonne Knight Armor +10
Old Knight Gauntlets +9
Alonne Knight Leggings +10

Chloranthy Ring +1
Third Dragon Ring
Life Ring +2
Covetous Silver Serpent Ring +1

I do have other weapons I use at times but that is my main load out for now, I have my next set of Armor lined up which is the Throne Defenders Armor set but need to wait to NG+ as I need more Twinkling Titanite to upgrade it to +5 level.

Agree that it has a lot of depth, I feel like I have only just scratched the surface as there are lots of new unique items to get in NG+ etc , bosses drop new souls for even better weapons then all the +2 rings to collect.. fun times ahead:D

I need to stop playing co-op farming souls and get on with the game... all I have left to do is slaughter a few NPC's for their unique items then clear my sins at a cost of 208000 souls and off to NG+:cool:

Some pics of current stats :

SAM_1841.jpg

SAM_1838.jpg

I need to put more hours in if I want to match my DS1 stats: :clown:

005-7.jpg

007-4.jpg

securedownload-1-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

securedownload-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've cleared the game itself, but just need to kill the ancient dragon and the king - i'm struggling with the pair of them tbh. I've bought/got most of the amours in the game and even started to upgrade some of them which is a little stupid - the same with weapons/staffs/chimes - i've even upgraded some of them fully (obviously, i've used them) but now i'm struggling for Twinkling and Chunks which is a bit of a pisser!

I just love it - not done much Co-Op or PvP as of yet mind

Audi TT 225 Quattro
securedownload-1-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

securedownload-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've cleared the game itself, but just need to kill the ancient dragon and the king - i'm struggling with the pair of them tbh. I've bought/got most of the amours in the game and even started to upgrade some of them which is a little stupid - the same with weapons/staffs/chimes - i've even upgraded some of them fully (obviously, i've used them) but now i'm struggling for Twinkling and Chunks which is a bit of a pisser!

I just love it - not done much Co-Op or PvP as of yet mind

Good effort:p

The best way I found of doing the Dragon was going solo and chop away at its toes, it should only do the stomp move and when it does quickly run over to the other foot and do the same thing... rinse repeat and with a lot of luck you will do it:star:
The King is easy ONCE you have collected 5 Souls of the Giants ( do not consume them , just leave them in inventory )

Dragon Shrine. Drop from Ancient Dragon.Memory of Orro. On the body of a Giant past two giants and two knights on Ballistae.
Memory of Vammar : At the very end; guarded by a giant
Memory of Jeigh. On a body of the giant after Giant Lord boss.
Black Gulch: Requires defeating two giants in a hidden cave. Area is in close proximity to the door for Darkdiver Grandhal

You get unlimited Chunks from the stone trader at Majula after you defeat the last boss.. cost 6000 souls each. I need more Twinkling:dapprove:

^^^^ I've got 4 of the Giants Souls - just the not the dragons. I do want to kill him though and i want the kings armour so i'm gonna stick at it. The stone merchant was selling chunks for 6k, but she only sold 10 - i've bought all them, i've yet to look again to see if she's got a fresh stock in.

Nissan 350z
Bought it for the PC, downloading now but thanks to crappy Sky ADSL I cant see it being ready until tomorrow. Sunday looks like its going to be a stressful day of dieing!

Fiesta ST-3
I've not touched this since early this month when I got the keys to the premises where I'm opening my business - not had a day off in 3 weeks so I'm absolutely dying to have a go.

God damn you life and your priorities!!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I finished this, just going around collecting stuff before going into NG+.

Some of the bosses were very easy, but some were a right t**t. Think I'm level 294 or something daft now. I did most of the game with the Black Knight Halberd+5 and Drangleic sword+5 but for the later stages moved onto the Large Club+10 which is just ridiculous power output as it has an S scaling with strength. With 55 strength (IIRC) I can 1 or 2 hand that with ease and Havel's shield makes blocking attacks much improved. 2H attacks with the club are around 800 damage with one strike.

Nissan 350z
Well im lvl40 something after a decent session on Sunday and still trying to get a feel for the areas and I am trying really hard to NOT use any guides. I feel like I have made things alot more difficult for myself by starting as a Sorcerer so I had to run around with a Dagger for most of the early game due to having no Str for any equipment.

I've picked up an Estoc (i prefer the lunge style to the traditional sword slices) and some Elite Knight armour from the Majuna merchants and ive been invaded about 4x already (not succesfully managed to deffend any yet) :(

Multiple hours into the game and had roughly 30,000 souls and then after killing a boss it jumped to 999,999,999 souls.... So made my legit run a fucked up weird run.
Havent got any decent weapons though. all very bland compared to others i've seen.
I want cool looking stuff haha

I've just started NG++ and still love it as much as ever - i'm on SL 381 i've got most of the weapons/armour/spells in the game (ones that i want anyway)