ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DannyR's 3rd Supercharged Clio trying to be Epic Build Thread

SQ5
Slow update again. Mainly involves cable ties...

Took the cold air feed out of my missus and put a fog light and pinched it for mine, might just be able to see it in the picture. Also got rid of that horrible carbon fibre wrap stuff at last. It pulled some lacquer off so will eventually need it sprayed!, but it looks so much more aggressive!

5c2b3b5e.jpg

SQ5
Black grille is staying as it'll go with the black badge, wing mirrors, side bits, handles and wheels. And all my silver ones are broken!

Pick up something special this weekend too :)

SQ5
Next weekend I'm getting it! I shall post some pictures.

Its similar to an alternator in looks and function. I do also need a cup alternator!

Clio 172 Cup
Took the cold air feed out of my missus

Nobody else saw this? :p

Looking good though, sure my brothers mentioned your 'flame grilled' charged one before, he frequents the bridge run if thats the one im thinking of.

SQ5
Lol I don't think you can see it, it sits drivers side behind grille.

Who's your brother Chris? I may or may not frequent the bridge run ;)

Clio 172 Cup
big man mountain trucker called pete, owned a scooby till he killed the cats, i spent lots of time on it, then blew it up, then rebuilt it....the blew it up again lol.

SQ5
I thought you were going to say that. It was me posting on his picture of that MP4 at Snetterton earlier. I was there with him!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Car looks much better without the wrap,are you going to uprate the rad with your conversion if so what are you using.

SQ5
Yea I will get a better one eventually, but I haven't seen any problems from past experience. I will do it though when funds allow.

SQ5
Got the splitter sorted yesterday, back to the 307 splitter I had on my original Ph1. Looks so much tidier now at the front, even gave the bonnet and clay a wax to get any residue off from the wrap.

11.jpg

10.jpg

6-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

3-4.jpg

2-4.jpg

1-4.jpg

Trafic 140dci
Looks good mate, still think you need a silver bit between the bumper and bonnet, looks like the car has a mustache! lol

SQ5
I might fit this properly, f**king excited now.

Can't wait for the North Weald meet to be over so car can be stripped down and sprayed!

Trafic 140dci
I might fit this properly, f**king excited now.

Can't wait for the North Weald meet to be over so car can be stripped down and sprayed!
Haha i knew you were going to anyway :p Well if you need an extra pair of hands with the work, feel free to give me a shout, i think i owe it to you!

SQ5
The engine will more than likely be ready to come out Sunday morning then it'll be prep work on the engine bay.

I've took one or two out before ;), but you can follow me back from North Weald if you want!

Trafic 140dci
The engine will more than likely be ready to come out Sunday morning then it'll be prep work on the engine bay.

I've took one or two out before ;), but you can follow me back from North Weald if you want!

I'd of never guessed :p Ok mate we'll talk on the day, all depends if my car is back, as if it isn't i either won't be going, or will be asking Rich for a lift.

SQ5
Awesome ok mate! I'm getting agitated knowing its in the next room now knowing I could just do it. I feel a fair few late nights coming up ;)

Trafic 140dci
Awesome ok mate! I'm getting agitated knowing its in the next room now knowing I could just do it. I feel a fair few late nights coming up ;)
If it was me, i'd be out there now ;) As you know i was out fitting my 182 manifold when it was -6, dedication lol

We had been talking and s**t for a while.

Just lost the bolt that holds the tensioner for the cup alternator, it did an afternoon on track and drove home fine ;)

So whens it getting fitted? :)