ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DannyR's 3rd Supercharged Clio trying to be Epic Build Thread

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
197 head onto the 172 bottom end will drop the CR a similar amount to fitting megane pistons and rods.
MWMsport turbo car is done this way, and seems very reliable so far at 258bhp

SQ5
Hmmmm interesting, would also like to fit the 197 inlet too. Will look into that.

Are valves and springs the same or are there up rated ones out there?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Hmmmm interesting, would also like to fit the 197 inlet too. Will look into that.

Are valves and springs the same or are there up rated ones out there?

As far as I am aware the valves and springs are exactly the same, but check the renault part numbers to be sure.

The 197 inlet will work a lot better with the 197 head too than with the 172 head, so if you do want the 197 inlet on there then its definately a good idea to use the 197 head and then the standard 172 pistons.
197 inlet is particuarly worthwhile on a boosted motor just cause it makes it so much easier to get at the plugs, as well as the obvious flow benefits.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
DannyR is short.

And wastes money on Clio's.......

p.s. you are short.

SQ5
Lol that was all you said in the last one. c**t. ;)

Went and got my engine stand today and decided to use the block already on there. Got it cleaned up an degreased ready for a bit of paint.

c4f77ba5.jpg

fcea7bdf.jpg

Then went for some black VHT and everything else will be powder coated silver

e1d71cc6.jpg

58dff0f0.jpg

It's a pity the back of the engine looks the best!

Now just need to get some pistons, rods and bearings sorted out

SQ5
10 miles from Bury. You've been on here ages and that was your first post! You should get in the EA meets section and come along!

PH1 172 (Track Car)
10 miles from Bury. You've been on here ages and that was your first post! You should get in the EA meets section and come along!

ha ha - yes, I have been lurking on and off for a long time now. Its a bit of a long story but I registered on here a while back with the view to getting a clio as a dedicated track car - then went and bought a Misubishi Evo for this use instead. I'm now back on here as I'm now looking for something a little cheaper to run on track - putting a clio back on the short list!

Tbh meets aren't really my thing but, if I go ahead and buy a clio I may see you at a trackday one day!

Your project looks really interesting - its great to see guys like you showing whats being done. It helps noobs like me to get a good idea on whats possible.

Ben

SQ5
ha ha - yes, I have been lurking on and off for a long time now. Its a bit of a long story but I registered on here a while back with the view to getting a clio as a dedicated track car - then went and bought a Misubishi Evo for this use instead. I'm now back on here as I'm now looking for something a little cheaper to run on track - putting a clio back on the short list!

Tbh meets aren't really my thing but, if I go ahead and buy a clio I may see you at a trackday one day!

Your project looks really interesting - its great to see guys like you showing whats being done. It helps noobs like me to get a good idea on whats possible.

Ben

I'm usually at Snetterton if there is a weekend Trackday!

Finished it yet? Time is short.

Sure there's a joke in there somewhere....

Hi Danny

Did you find a definitive answer ref the cam journals showing marks

Not yet, does you head show the same? If so then I guess it's meant to be!

SQ5
Post man has been busy the last couple of days.

Only a few serviceable items.

2x new ball joints
2x track rod ends I had from last build
1x Ph1 airbox and ITG filter to replace my ITG Maxogen (anyone want it?)

530a0cca.jpg

And also a CS delivery :)

2e7b895e.jpg

Forgot to ring to get my rods and pistons and other bits today. Hoping to have my Gunk tomorrow to clean up my bits that need powder coating. Should also get crank etc. off other engine!

SQ5
Well weekend went without a hitch so all good, apart from me losing the dot on the i in cliosport.net!

Finally my birthday present from my missus was decided and ordered

25b53e91.jpg

Gunk came today to do parts should powder coated next week!

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Looks good Danny,where are you getting the charger and associated parts from,still want to charge mine just don't want to lump out 4k in one go.Was thinks of getting the charger from tts what FMI are you using.

SQ5
I'm using a small intercooler, best bet is one from eBay. Try another company for SC, in Scotland, forget their name now. It's only TTS and this company that can sell them in the UK direct from Rotrex.

My parts came back all powder coated today. Sent them off Tuesday so quick turn around, luckily there were a load of bits need doing silver at my dads work ;)

755c744b.jpg

Still a few other bits to be done as and when needed!

Need to try and start getting some bits together for this engine really and get it build. My plan is to charge the engine in now for a little bit until it goes bang!

SQ5
Had a bit of a clear out in the garage today and got my powder coated bits indoors and in the clean. Still a couple of brackets left to do just need a Cup alternator and brackets.

a69de431.jpg

Also picked up a new 172 today for the missus!

SQ5
I broke it, I know there isn't anyway of fixing that lol!

I can get the bits all done for you at £15 a part dependant on size! That includes cleaning and prepping too.

If there are more than a couple of bits then a bulk order can be done at a smaller price!

Everything is going slowly with the car at the moment due to saving for the big expensive parts!

SQ5
Sometimes you'll have bits back next day too! Others a week or so.

Can do black or silver and occasionally an off white colour.

I think the rust has completely f**k that Alt lol!

SQ5
I've gone mad on selling bits so hoping that end of the month!

If I'm in Stowmarket area I'll let you know and pick it up! Thank you!

SQ5
Tiny update!

Missus had to get plates for her new 172 so it was rude not to tell her to get a 3/4 so she got me one too ;)

a366985e.jpg

9255fdb2.jpg