ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DannyR's 10th Ph1 Clio Thread... Everyone always comes back... Again...and Again!

SQ5
DannyR's 10th Ph1 Clio Thread... Everyone always comes back!

So, having been without a Clio for 18 months (the longest time in 11 years) due to buying a house it's now time I came back.

For those of you that don't know me I will share my past most prominent 172s.

My first one I had for 2 years, was supercharged running about 240bhp, and then caught fire.

6680c1454b294a4357e304fb79e3b87b.jpg

52d5994be57dda6d429de2b991ea1e1c.jpg

All details can be found here.

http://www.cliosport.net/index.php?...172-Supercharged-Fast-Road-Track-****.455505/

I then went between cars always coming back to Clios, in which time I owner RSTuning old demo Clio which ran around 330bhp using a supercharger.

Again afterwards, in and out of Clios until a friend bought one and we did a track day in it, I made him an offer as it was an epic car, I then supercharged this on the drive over a couple of weekends. It ran 250bhp and was taken to the Nurburgring two weeks after finishing supercharging the car, a little risky but all was ok.

ea07789c66ccfc07f07b3d00b5619d8c.jpg

f971d5233644e5c3f4bcf610eb7c7ccd.jpg

3ec591df1ff87f08ce68cae70b285a01.jpg

All details for that one can be found here http://www.cliosport.net/index.php?...d-Clio-trying-to-be-Epic-Build-Thread.616720/

I was caught for speeding in the above and saving for a house at the same time so wasn't great, so I then bought a Ph2 [emoji30][emoji30]to run around in. Also going to the Nurburgring.

d091f7347a1213d1d95073687131d8b5.jpg

3c07acb97a922ebf9ddffb0164ddbb51.jpg

So now, we've been in the house 18 months and I can finally afford a Ph1. Originally I was going to be buying back the Ph2 above but a Ph1 came up at such a better deal with a lot better spec.

The spec as follows;

Kw V1 coilovers
H&R spacers 25mm front/5mm rear
Ds2500 pads all round
Brembo HC discs
Vibra technics engine mounts
Silicone coolant hoses
KTR induction kit
Wrapped 172 exhaust manifold
Full decat Oreca gr n (very rare)
ARP rod bolts
Fastchip remap
PM solid top mounts with strut brace
PM air con delete with lightweight pulleys
CNC matched to head lower inlet
Cup spoiler
Prima racing exhaust mount
Braided brake lines
Poly bushed lower arms

Dyno'd after cambelt at 182bhp on AtSpeed rollers.

It's also had Cambelt, dephaser, brakes, clutch etc... All done recently, car has been very well looked after by @ben_r1 before the previous owner. I also think the last four owners are on here from a quick search in order @Jackwoody, @ben_r1, @malcolmgt and @BBC-Jan, so it's obviously a fairly well known car.

Pictures from the for sale advert

5d05cccce66a11c6a6368d91f236a636.jpg

4ea609f2fba241e56d9c8597b1bc6c8e.jpg

Plans so far are;

Oreca exhaust sold and swapped for a resonated Yozza which arrived today, unsure if it fits my decat, otherwise I'll need a Ph1 cat to swap with, also if it's still too loud.

I have some colour coded side strips too from @Mckgherkin waiting to go on.

So should have a busy weekend, well a couple of hours.

Plans are to keep it a mix of KUJ and CAE, comfy but good for trackdays. Will fit a Ph2 dash too.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Looks great, saw the for sale ad and thought what a good buy it would be.
will await the charger build thread with interest

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looks tidy. Liked it when Ben had it. I'd say it's now in good hands but.....

I've got those clear side repeaters for you. Front bumper looks like it fits well too. You keeping it on the F1's?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Nice Dan :) looking forward to some trackdays with you :) I'm hoping for April 29th at Snet for a taster before a full day. I thought you were buying your ph2 back! Nice spec as well that :)

SQ5
That looks like a nice clean example!

When is it getting charged? ;)
It will be charged by now lol
Looks great, saw the for sale ad and thought what a good buy it would be.
will await the charger build thread with interest

How many times have I heard about super chargers this week [emoji6][emoji6]

You forgot to thank me for showing you this beauty!

Still a shed x

Thank you for costing me money, lots and lots of money [emoji6] x

Looks tidy. Liked it when Ben had it. I'd say it's now in good hands but.....

I've got those clear side repeaters for you. Front bumper looks like it fits well too. You keeping it on the F1's?

It's not, it's really not. Undecided on a route to take as this looked mean as.

5b988cbe884f4adc6fbc2038c0e8e288.jpg

But then Scott's mint one looks so good, unsure if I have the patience though?! I need two, well actually three would be ideal, four would be perfect.

Nice Dan :) looking forward to some trackdays with you :) I'm hoping for April 29th at Snet for a taster before a full day. I thought you were buying your ph2 back! Nice spec as well that :)

I'm hoping to do that evening too if I can get the car in shape, also works perfectly for pay day. I was going to buy the Ph2 back but Dan M forced me into this after showing me, I read the spec and was a no brainer.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Dan M needs to find @Snails a ph1 next ;)

Ye likewise for that evening tbh, need to do a few bits to mine as well but that's what I'm aiming for!

SQ5
Dan M needs to find @Snails a ph1 next ;)

Ye likewise for that evening tbh, need to do a few bits to mine as well but that's what I'm aiming for!

Yes he does need one!

Car feels good after having a play and getting camber correct. It also made the tracking correct. I need to get the coilovers off and cleaned ideally.

Properly good car and ruddy cheap.

Very cheap, few niggly problems but it'll be ok.

How's the interior coming? I'm ready when you are to collect!

You'd never be happy with a ph2 though Danny.

@Greeny. ill keep my eyes peeled, I like bargain hunting for s**t cars

You guys coming to the meet on the 28th at bury? @DannyR bring the tripod!

I wouldn't ever be happy with a ph2 you're right.

Used tripod today, I'll bring it!

Wow you like supercharging! You must be handy at the conversion now

I know a little bit [emoji6]

SQ5
Started to get dark but car looks so much better clean and with a few changes.

9b85f0548b32aecf8b2d3907a0a2f788.jpg

I have some better photos, I'll upload later on

SQ5
It does, that's why I need to get the suspension off and clean it up so can fully adjust. The rear looks low in that photo but I think I need different springs to bring rear down or taking out the adjusters will give me 5mm.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ph2 stuff does make it look cleaner. My clear side repeaters are in my car, all ready for you. I've washed one out the best I can as it had a bit of mould in. Not 100% gone but better than it was.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Looking good bud, as said needs lowering more on the front. :smile:

SQ5
Ph2 stuff does make it look cleaner. My clear side repeaters are in my car, all ready for you. I've washed one out the best I can as it had a bit of mould in. Not 100% gone but better than it was.

Side strips make all the difference, although I think too much silver now? I'm tempted by anthracite mirrors and bullets with silver writing?

Thank you, how much do I owe you?

Charged yet?

;)

FUUU!!!

Looking good bud, as said needs lowering more on the front. :smile:

Edited the shitty photo, it sits fairly even. Hopefully next weekend I'll have all the coilovers apart, cleaned up and lowered properly.

dcd7f7d026fa2b4582255c026715ffb8.jpg

SQ5
Photos didn't come out great, so this is the best of a bad bunch, quality has been sucked from them too!

2_zpsxfhoxim0.jpg

1_zps0jrpsldw.jpg

4_zpsc7cefegx.jpg

3_zpsfdwsdazn.jpg

SQ5
Yozza is slightly quieter but drones like f**k at 80 and the Oreca didn't.

I will be buying a cat!