ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Danny.:R's new .:R

SQ5
Sound is brilliant now exhaust has coked up a bit.

It does need a diet but I kind of love it the way it is :p

Coupe/Defender V8
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t86je--4QHU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t86je--4QHU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Makes me want to giggle like a Japanese school girl.

but it's just a video....

standard

Clio 172
Get the timing chains checked, My mates 53 plate 54k R32 has just snapped its chains causing major damage.
Get VW dealer to do it so if they go you have some come back.

Awesome machines though i had a Grey Mk4 and now we have the Mk5 R32.

SQ5
Is there anyway they can be checked?! What would they be looking for? Are there even meant to be changes on a timing chain?!

Golf R soon...
Is there anyway they can be checked?! What would they be looking for? Are there even meant to be changes on a timing chain?!

Timing belt should be good for 100,000 miles.

Although when I had my R32 and did a little research I found a few examples of them going at below 50,000 miles. £5000 for a new engine from VW.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Its the chain tensioner that can go on them

if they been abused, s**t oil etc etc

SQ5
Its got FVWSH so would like to say the best oil has been used everytime. I may get my mate to check it just for piece of mind as coming up to 50k!

GR7

Shiny red R32
you gonna be putting this one on a diet danny? heavy aint they..
R32 cars may be heavy, as you put it... but at least they sound gorgeous, they are very well built and don't have irritating rattles like Renaults! ;) Not keen on silver cars, but I hope you will enjoy driving your car Danny! :D

SQ5
Yea, I worked out why was slow last night though, Its been s**t all day, loads of flat spots. Thinking the Lambda is causing issues now as the light came back on within about 30 miles of resetting fault codes.

So that will be getting done under warranty then I've been look at R26/R27's :/

B

Brown.

Thought this thread was actually gonna have an .:R in it and not an R32 :(

SQ5
Hate to write this, I don't know where my recent spell of bad luck has come from TBH. Anyone friends with me on FB will of had a great laugh today reading come comments on there, and cheers for the support!

Anyway, Two vertabrae in my neck have broken a bit. Canadian come round corner looking at his satnav, I swerved into bush to miss him and he plowed right into me. If hadn't of moved it would of been a head on. c**t didn't even say sorry, just that he's not used to driving on this side of the road!

He admitted to Police he was looking at satnav and got a measly £300 fine and got to fly home today to his family in Canada. Car was a hire car, but its fairly clean cut and insurance should sort out quickly!

35127_10150231965750175_549785174_13842488_3110880_n.jpg

Hate to write this, I don't know where my recent spell of bad luck has come from TBH. Anyone friends with me on FB will of had a great laugh today reading come comments on there, and cheers for the support!

Anyway, Two vertabrae in my neck have broken a bit. Canadian come round corner looking at his satnav, I swerved into bush to miss him and he plowed right into me. If hadn't of moved it would of been a head on. c**t didn't even say sorry, just that he's not used to driving on this side of the road!

He admitted to Police he was looking at satnav and got a measly £300 fine and got to fly home today to his family in Canada. Car was a hire car, but its fairly clean cut and insurance should sort out quickly!

35127_10150231965750175_549785174_13842488_3110880_n.jpg

Gutted for you,

Looks very nasty. I too have been hit by a Canadian in a hire car, which is so very odd. It was a very simple insurance claim though,

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Gosh, that's a big looking accident.

Do you know what annoys me about crashes is that even though that's not your fault, will be reclaimed fully you will still have an increase in your premium! Nightmare.

Did you like the car enough to go out and buy another when the proceeds come through?

RenaultSport 172
Seen this on FB earlier, and the c**t giving you a hard time. Gutted for you mate, hope you recover soon. :)

SQ5
Gutted for you,

Looks very nasty. I too have been hit by a Canadian in a hire car, which is so very odd. It was a very simple insurance claim though,

That is bizarre, what was their name!?

Did you like the car enough to go out and buy another when the proceeds come through?

The last week I'd started to really fall in love with the car too. Still undecided as of yet and depending on money situation I would say an E46 M3 is very likely

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
f**k dude! :(

when did this happen?!? was it on your road back to your home???

mega gutted for you :(

SQ5
f**k dude! :(

when did this happen?!? was it on your road back to your home???

mega gutted for you :(

On the A1120 between Framsden and Earl Soham, was on my way to Southwold.

E46 M3? Blimey. Great cars but a fair bit more than the R32 for a good un though.

The price isn't that different. I paid a lot for the R32 as it was mint with very low mileage and through a trader. E46 M3's can be picked up for 8k for a dog, 12k for a good one.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I've looked at them and from what I wanted it was 11k minimum. Top spec M3's with low miles (Non CSL, Cab) are teens (Mid to high easy). The cheapest of the cheap is 10k. Never seen one for 8k. 12k is the beginning of the price range from what I found.

340i
As said on FB man... totally shocked, you've really seem to have had a spell of bad luck recently :( Hopefully this will be the end of it!

v6
FFS danny :(

saw it on fb earlier, dunno what you've done to that wayne t**t but he seemed pissed!

They say bad luck comes in threes...that's gotta be 5 or 6 for you now though!

SQ5
SC Clio Fire
SC Clio Cambelt slip
SC Clio Cambelt slip 2
Valver Oil pump seized the day I bought the car
Fiat Coupe Piston rings gone when bought it
Last nights crash

Is that it? :(

Ph1 172.
That sucks Danny. I hope you get it all sorted soon and that you recover from your injuries swiftly too!