ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Danman-‘s Inferno 182

Yeah, they take ages to dry! Well, I guess you could :p Would take the piss though!

Chi is delivering both me and tom a set of wheels!

Next thing I need is tyres though, and then spacers but they can wait. Servicing my car tomorrow too. Really need to start my own progress thread, but there's so much progress I don't know where to start ;)

I guess so.

I thought Spinksy already had some wheels? Has he gone for the same as you or have they just been refurbed?

Quite a few plans then :) Don't wait too too long to start your progress thread like I did. It gets on top of you lol. I'm still months behind with mine!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Lol, no problems mate. But I know what it's like when your itching to get the next mod done.

I guess so.

I thought @Spinksy already had some wheels? Has he gone for the same as you or have they just been refurbed?

Quite a few plans then :) Don't wait too too long to start your progress thread like I did. It gets on top of you lol. I'm still months behind with mine!

He's getting some bbs, Chi is picking them up for him, then dropping them off at Tom's, then is going to Lincolnshire to get a quaife diff fitted. Not sure where 9 wheels are going to go in a Clio though ;)

Yep! Too many plans, not enough money :( I think I may have left it too late already, done all of this;

-Sport interior
-Xenons
-Sprayed grilles
-Seatbelts
-New wheels (to be)

And a load of other things too, might start it on Monday at work :p

I guess so.

I thought Spinksy already had some wheels? Has he gone for the same as you or have they just been refurbed?

I have some wheels on Sunday mate ;)
Chi is fetching me these (sneak peak)

daqa5y3a.jpg

usepavep.jpg

Those Grids look lovely mate! Any plans for colour change?

Lol, no problems mate. But I know what it's like when your itching to get the next mod done.

Haha yeah! Gonna fit them in the morning to see what they're like :p

He's getting some bbs, @Chi is picking them up for him, then dropping them off at Tom's, then is going to Lincolnshire to get a quaife diff fitted. Not sure where 9 wheels are going to go in a Clio though ;)

Yep! Too many plans, not enough money :( I think I may have left it too late already, done all of this;

-Sport interior
-Xenons
-Sprayed grilles
-Seatbelts
-New wheels (to be)

9 wheels in a Clio? Pile them up high lol!

Yeah you've done quite a bit now, lmao! Yeah do it while you're supposed to be at work ;)

I have some wheels on Sunday mate ;)
@Chi is fetching me these (sneak peak)

daqa5y3a.jpg

usepavep.jpg

Those Grids look lovely mate! Any plans for colour change?

Oooh they look gooooood! Put some pictures up when they're fitted.

Yeah fancy a gunmetal grey colour or something similar. Maybe even the same as my Turini's.

Yeah you've done quite a bit now, lmao! Yeah do it while you're supposed to be at work ;)

Oooh they look gooooood! Put some pictures up when they're fitted.

Yeah fancy a gunmetal grey colour or something similar. Maybe even the same as my Turini's.

Will do mate

Likewise ;)

Are you going to the meet in Worksop on Sunday?

Edit: I think a nice gunmetal would look spot on mate :)

Text me a photo when you've put them on!

It's going to be a squeeze! That's the place where I find the most time to be on CS ;)

I think you should keep the wheels white, I mean white wheels on a inferno is just awesome.

3v60l.jpg

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
He's getting some bbs, Chi is picking them up for him, then dropping them off at Tom's, then is going to Lincolnshire to get a quaife diff fitted. Not sure where 9 wheels are going to go in a Clio though ;)

-Sport interior
-Xenons
-Sprayed grilles
-Seatbelts
-New wheels (to be)

just picking quaife up so I'll be in the 530 touring. 60 mpg ftw

MK6 Golf, BG 182 FF
It's about time you got them fitted :) you had them off me in October lol. They improve the front end so much :D and driving on unlit roads at night is completely different .

I think you should keep the wheels white, I mean white wheels on a inferno is just awesome.

That Inferno looks awesome! The Rotas lol nice in white but I think they'll look better a different colour ;)

It's about time you got them fitted :) you had them off me in October lol. They improve the front end so much :D and driving on unlit roads at night is completely different .

Yeah as Tom said, I've actually had them on for a while but just never have time to update the thread! Thanks again mate :)

The Clio was looking a bit sorry for itself as it hadn't been washed in about a month or so. It was covered in grime and salt from the road so it was definitely time for a bath!

Here's some photos how bad it was before -

12954786683_eb90ac8f8e_c.jpg

12955081274_f65baa096a_c.jpg

12954647543_fccc63c6e3_c.jpg

Finally getting some of the colour back -

12954415133_6a114c0435_c.jpg

Ooh shiny! The wheels almost look blue in this photo.

12954526913_0822273e22_c.jpg

All finished :D

12954748744_f47c04a606_c.jpg

It feels so much nicer to drive around in a clean car instead of it looking scruffy haha!

Comments welcome :)

It was now early November and I decided to dig out my old wheels from the 1.6 to use for winter. - I didn't want them getting wrecked as they are in mint condition.

The Renault Storm's were all mouldy and a yellowish colour when I put them on the decking -

13108339714_16af28e550_c.jpg

Close up -

13108150623_318bb88f8d_c.jpg

Even though I was using them as winter wheels, I still had to clean them before putting them on my car!

13108303334_034c82e40e_c.jpg

They came up better than I thought actually :) They look tiny compared to the Turini's though.

13108017103_a0f4f0c3a1_c.jpg

Old vs new -

13107998715_30083c8b03_c.jpg

I just needed to wait for the suspension to settle as the Storm's looked a bit lost in the arches. I also put the carbon centre caps on. (Never got round to it on the 1.6) -

13108058984_32e73c0584_c.jpg

A few days after this, I decided to give the car another wash. It didn't really need it but I had some spare time so I thought why not :)

13108266634_dcc7f5ebf8_c.jpg

13108075593_d28f1cdd70_c.jpg

13107951965_4ed36e45cd_c.jpg

13108043743_f7f3ae7a9d_c.jpg

13107921905_6ce6f94963_c.jpg

I don't think it looks too bad on white wheels. It makes a nice change anyway :)

Oh, I also fitted 16mm spacers and extended wheel bolts front and back to try and bring the wheels out a bit. They're still tucked inside the arches but it's a lot better than without them!

Last edited:
  172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Cheers dude! I might have to ditch the Rota's as I'm not sure I wan't to start flaring the arches tbh.

I'd definitely get pulled by the police if I left it as they stick out a good few cm on the rear! :/

Ull sell the Rotas no problem. It does look nice with the Rotas. White wheels are an absolute pig to keep clean. My team dynamics multispokes were a nightmare on my pug GTI

Yeah u dont want unnecessary attention from the bill lol. Its nice to see an inferno that looks great like yours :)

Both looked ace together the other night... Gave us a lot of ideas.

Where did you get the spats from? In talks with another member about buying a sister for ours ;-)

Hehe yeah they will!

Urm, not got past the thinking about it stage yet...lol ;)

The longer you leave it, the harder it will be to catch up lol! (I speak from experience ;))

Both looked ace together the other night... Gave us a lot of ideas.

Where did you get the spats from? In talks with another member about buying a sister for ours ;-)

Thanks mate :) I'll get you a link for the spats.

Ooh nice, what spec? :D