ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Like the cage a lot. Seems simple to fit as well, as I really cba with welding and stripping loads and loads out to fit one.
Which eBay one is it? As the one that looks like this says Clio in the title but syas Saxo in the description and its pictured not in a Clio!
Is it this one with the rear cross and belt bars? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/98-05-ren...hash=item1eb0dcd6b0:m:mZswwCACQnjQK74tmMUNagw
Need to sort one out for mine before I spank the cash on ITBs

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Like the cage a lot. Seems simple to fit as well, as I really cba with welding and stripping loads and loads out to fit one.
Which eBay one is it? As the one that looks like this says Clio in the title but syas Saxo in the description and its pictured not in a Clio!
Is it this one with the rear cross and belt bars? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/98-05-ren...hash=item1eb0dcd6b0:m:mZswwCACQnjQK74tmMUNagw
Need to sort one out for mine before I spank the cash on ITBs

Thanks mate. That's the one you linked, you just had to tell him you want the harness bars and he will adjust the pricing accordingly. Also tell him you want to go through paypal and not ebay and he knocks dollar off because ebay doesn't take a cut.

Mine was £195 delivered. When you think about the man time to weld, welding materials, tubing and postage - that's actually a massive bargain.

Manmaths

As said on WhatsApp, looks ace with the cage in now.

Good to see you've got Abi well trained as well :wink:

Cheers Ethan! Haha yeah she gets well upset at the thought of me selling Boris (I won't). i'm pretty lucky really as she loves to go fast and properly takes an interest.

I want to do more car fings with youuuuuuuu, we need a detailing meet up soon one weekend?

Inferno 225 cup
I proper love this Dan, just reminds me of my old one, not because it's modified more the colour but this looks great.

And the ingenuity with the gear linkage, hope it work.

I'm in two minds about tracking mine, I really want to take the rears out and drop a 3rd recaro in the middle but I doubt I can do that :(

Keep it up bud! X

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate. That's the one you linked, you just had to tell him you want the harness bars and he will adjust the pricing accordingly. Also tell him you want to go through paypal and not ebay and he knocks dollar off because ebay doesn't take a cut.

Mine was £195 delivered. When you think about the man time to weld, welding materials, tubing and postage - that's actually a massive bargain.

Manmaths
Sweet, that is proper steal. Might be something to do for July.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good. Don't like how you've bolted the cage in with the nut inside. I'd always run it the other way so that if it does work loose at least the cage isn't moving and sliding around as the bolts will still locate it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The way Dan has them means that the threads aren't exposed to water and air, meaning the threads won't be rusted on, if/when you remove them.

Car/cage looks great mate :smile:

Abi done good too :smile:

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
You've got me looking at eBay cages again! Will they offer much in the way of protection?

I couldn't tell you. The cage police say no but it's gotta be better than nothing surely!

The way Dan has them means that the threads aren't exposed to water and air, meaning the threads won't be rusted on, if/when you remove them.

Car/cage looks great mate :smile:

Abi done good too :smile:

Thanks Mark! Yeah she sure has pulling me. I kiddddddddddd

Looks awesome dude! Will look super clean with the floors in.

Thanks Harry, tried fitting them just now and gave up because the cage is in the way and I can't think straight as i'm feeling so f**king ill still from ma birfday.

Looking very very good now dan, loving it, any face pics of Abi? :wink:

Thanks Tom, did you get your inlet situation sorted in the end?

Sure!

26775985633_612c13ee17_b.jpg
2016-05-31_10-08-07 by dann2707, on Flickr

RB Clio 182
Thanks Tom, did you get your inlet situation sorted in the end?

Hi mate, yes i have the front lower inlet sorted, but im in the process of buying a new breather plate because the back two bolt holes are properly fucked and i dont want to use massive bolts, i would rather buy the plate that the top inlet bolts to and use the standard bolts rather than bodging it.:smile:

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Hi mate, yes i have the front lower inlet sorted, but im in the process of buying a new breather plate because the back two bolt holes are properly fucked and i dont want to use massive bolts, i would rather buy the plate that the top inlet bolts to and use the standard bolts rather than bodging it.:smile:
sorry for barging in on a tangent Dan .... Try contacting the guys on the SM inlet thread as they will have taken that plate off to fit the new CNC breather plate so might have one spare.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
This looks f**king awesome Dan! Need to see this in person soon, especially you being like 10 minutes away from me...

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Cheers Ethan! Haha yeah she gets well upset at the thought of me selling Boris (I won't). i'm pretty lucky really as she loves to go fast and properly takes an interest.

I want to do more car fings with youuuuuuuu, we need a detailing meet up soon one weekend?

But if you did sell, who would I turn to with my silly questions? Haha.

Just let me know next weekend you're back in Leeds and we'll get something sorted, as long as I've got my tie rods and ends sorted that is!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I proper love this Dan, just reminds me of my old one, not because it's modified more the colour but this looks great.

And the ingenuity with the gear linkage, hope it work.

I'm in two minds about tracking mine, I really want to take the rears out and drop a 3rd recaro in the middle but I doubt I can do that 😧

Keep it up bud! X

Thanks dude! That would be epic.

Are you at CSF?

This looks f**king awesome Dan! Need to see this in person soon, especially you being like 10 minutes away from me...

Thanks man, you free next weekend? I'm in scotland this one but the next one we could sort something if you're free?

But if you did sell, who would I turn to with my silly questions? Haha.

Just let me know next weekend you're back in Leeds and we'll get something sorted, as long as I've got my tie rods and ends sorted that is!

Barry knows all! Sounds great to me.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I thought I might aswell show what i'm doing with the gearstick part 2 as i'm ill and can't lay in bed doing absolutely nothing so this relaxes me.

I want to extend the gearstick length even more as I want it closer to the steering wheel further more. The current one I have is from a Renault Scenic which is extended already.

The best way to look at the gearstick is that it's made up of two pieces;

1) The inner rod - this connects to the pivot inside the housing and the bottom pivot bush to the gear linkage
2) The outer shaft - this is for the lift up reverse as it's attached to a collar that lifts up and allows you to get into reverse by lifting over a plastic junction.

This is mine. The outer bit is plastic and has way too many ridges and doesn't look great. I'm also really not a fan of how you can see the inner rod (the bit inbetween the outer shaft and the gearknob) so I will be dealing with this later.

27395580155_b1d7f691d1_b.jpg
20160601_141135 by dann2707, on Flickr

First of all i'm going to extend the inner rod. I'll do this by drilling the original inner rod from the top down and then tap an M5 thread in it. I'll then screw an M5 flat ended grub screw into that by 15mm, with loctite.

I've ordered some 12mm rod which I will also cut down (dependant on how much I want to extend it by) and also tap that to M5. This rod will then screw onto my inner shaft extending it. Done. Did a little pic to explain what I mean.

27395579175_ffb5b60cbd_b.jpg
20160601_141220 by dann2707, on Flickr

This pic shows where I need to think of an idea on how to attach the lift up reverse collar at the bottom right with the cable attached to it, to my rod that I have. The OD of the plastic will fit in my ID of my rod, so maybe epoxy resin, but I don't like the idea of that I really want something more secure.

26787711004_a7c0cac19a_b.jpg
20160601_140917 by dann2707, on Flickr

Now coming back to how the inner shaft is visible. You obviously cannot push the gearknob further down as the lift up reverse needs to... lift up and it will collide with the gearknob.

27361867846_6aa0501179_b.jpg
20160601_140820 by dann2707, on Flickr

So my plan is to have the rod inside the gearstick like this...

27395579885_fbcc069c2e_b.jpg
20160601_141015 by dann2707, on Flickr

I will drill out the bottom of the gearstick to 17mm (the metal tube i'm using is 16mm) so it will fit nicely inside.

However I need to know much as I don't just want to drill and drill as obviously the gearknob needs to grip onto the shaft. This is determined by this length here, getting the verniers right in.

27297463312_2dd224fa6d_b.jpg
20160601_142233 by dann2707, on Flickr

27119979290_78a2d7a420_b.jpg
20160601_142237 by dann2707, on Flickr

17mm.

And a little trick if you want to know the distance of two holes from each other.

Measure the diameter of the hole as shown here

27324515611_b5d149aef8_b.jpg
20160601_142302 by dann2707, on Flickr

5mm

And take away that diameter from the distance. 17-5 = 12mm of travel.

Just to clarify that I looked at the top and you can see where it has scraped and measured that.

26788580943_e00ab759d9_b.jpg
20160601_142345 by dann2707, on Flickr

So going back to this image, I now know I need to bore out 12mm of material from the gearknob for the travel of the lift up reverse to work if I want the outer shaft to be located inside my gearstick.

27395579885_fbcc069c2e_b.jpg
20160601_141015 by dann2707, on Flickr

I then needed something to grab on the shaft for the lift up reverse for the drivers hand side of things, so got a 17mm shaft collar. 17mm ID, 28mm OD so plenty to grab hold of.

Unsplit__BZP_-cat-2549-cat.jpg

But yeah, I just need to somehow attach these parts together if anyone has any ideas?

27325096641_6133cc5ffe_b.jpg
26787711004_5675c07e01_o by dann2707, on Flickr

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
20160605_195143.jpg

Just came home from Scotland (got the train) to be greeted by this.

Im absolutely f**king fuming. No note left or anything. Scuffs on the bumper too.

If people can kindly not claim it was me driving like what others are doing on csoc that would be f**king fantastic.

Im genuinely seeing red.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
You tried any neighbours to find out if they see anything? I can't stand people who don't own up to stuff like this.

Hope you can get it all sorted, you've obviously put a lot of work into the car.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Hows the happened??

People slaggiing you off Dan?

I think whats happened is what matty has said above, pics should hopefully give a better idea of whats happened.

Just a few c***s saying that I was driving and i've hit a pothole, or i've definitely caused it.

You tried any neighbours to find out if they see anything? I can't stand people who don't own up to stuff like this.

Hope you can get it all sorted, you've obviously put a lot of work into the car.

Yeah man, no ones heard anything 😧

can see the scuff on the bumper and the white scratch

27207285980_5b8b99e135_b.jpg
20160605_201952 by dann2707, on Flickr

27207285870_1e49c73a56_b.jpg
20160605_202516 by dann2707, on Flickr

26875157994_d148d66a02_b.jpg
20160605_202527 by dann2707, on Flickr

27484073375_5ff7a2b2e9_b.jpg
20160605_201819 by dann2707, on Flickr

27207344350_92765ff6c1_b.jpg
20160605_201828 by dann2707, on Flickr

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Gutted to see, not what you want when you come home.

At least it's not done too much damage to the paintwork, everything else is hopefully just bolting new bits on although hopefully it's just the wheel. Fair old force gone into that though

That's pretty random. If it's a lorry probably didn't even realise it, you'd like to think anyway. If not then some people are just thoughtless c**nts.

As an aside what do you do to fix the headlight condensation? My drivers side one keeps doing it which is annoying :angry:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
That's pretty random. If it's a lorry probably didn't even realise it, you'd like to think anyway. If not then some people are just thoughtless c**nts.

As an aside what do you do to fix the headlight condensation? My drivers side one keeps doing it which is annoying :angry:
Shove one of those silica pack thingies to the head light bung? Should cure it for a while anyway :)

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
That's really s**t Dan!

But I know you'll get it sorted asap. Just a shame you have to really...

Because some moron didn't have a decent bone in their body.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Tap it out like I did with mine, bit of paint, new PS3 from that Ginetta man, jobs a good 'un!

In seriousness, hope you get it sorted dude. What's the paint like on the bumper, full respray jobby?

I'd go with the lorry theory as well, would of thought it would have moved the car a bit though if it had of clipped it and done that much damage to the wheel.

Clio 220 PH2
Cars looking really good mate shame about what happened to your wheel :(
Just a matter of interest where did you get your sun strip from looks good and I need to get one for mine :)
Cheers

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Bit of a s**t deal.

If it was a lorry I doubt he would have even noticed, I have pulled gates off before and not realised.