ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Evo 5 RS
Re: My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

pmsl. I actually got the car back from TDF the day before the meet in Kent couple months ago (forget the pub name). That's 5 minutes from my work...but I had no starter motor LOL.

I'm picking the car up on Saturday hopefully Rob, so punch me a postcode?

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Ha. Well when it's on the way back from TDF (Cambridge ?) give me a buzz, assuming you're going to be in it, and it's not being towed by some cowboys again as you'll almost be going past my house (Lower Billericay).

Evo 5 RS

lol, no cowboys, and from Cambridge yus. (For anyone wondering the cowboys are called Beeches Recovery, don't ever use them)

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS

Picked the car up on Saturday, top service from the TDF crew. Pure mounts are on, nothing spectacular about them other than I now don't have to fight the steering wheel.

Next is brake caliper refresh and new pads at some point in the next month.

Evo 5 RS

Last weekend, put in the new passenger OMP subframe to lower it, as well as completing the interior spraying the roof satin black to match the rest.

Also, all four calipers are in body colour, although the wilwoods are still soft so have yet to put the pads back in. Waiting for Renault logo decals also in white to finish it off.

Obviously being non water based I couldn't use the exact same body colour, but matched it as good as.

Realllllly do like this car. Looks brilliant.

Quick question, you know the heat shield you've fitted to the bulkhead, how is it fixed? is it bolted to the bulkhead or stuck down with something?

Edit: Just seen the bolts in the pics above lol.

Cup In bits

Car is awesome, love the colour. Fresh as, just how I like my road cars.

Few questions:

Do you have a link for the radiator? How do you find find fitment, does it fit standard hoses?

Is that the Omex race loom, also how do you find that? Did it allow to remove the French s**t that's there already?

Evo 5 RS

Hi, the radiator was actually originally a custom design for Yozzasport’s 172 Cup made by Pro Alloy. It fits the standard brackets but has been modified at the top to allow for room for a bigger air filter, and be more rigid. New you’d be looking at around £600 which is more than half what I paid for it thankfully.

The loom was bought from another car which is a heavily modified standard loom made to work with the ITB’s and EC1 ECU.

Cup In bits

Hi, the radiator was actually originally a custom design for Yozzasport’s 172 Cup made by Pro Alloy. It fits the standard brackets but has been modified at the top to allow for room for a bigger air filter, and be more rigid. New you’d be looking at around £600 which is more than half what I paid for it thankfully.

The loom was bought from another car which is a heavily modified standard loom made to work with the ITB’s and EC1 ECU.

^^^^LOL at russ 16v^^^

Cheers for that, I thought that might have been the case. I don't think there's an after market alloy radiator that slots right into the 1*2's as far as I know.
looks like im going for the Omex race loom and just get busy with the snips, loom tape and multimeter....YAWN!!

Evo 5 RS

Just popped over to the workshop to try and get the windows done, however the sikaflex is out of date, so not prepared to use it. GRRR.

Pads back in and caliper stickers on

Qashcow

Time to move to cider country, sunshine here. Rear window as well? That'll be drafty tbh

Evo 5 RS
Sorry mate, it was my fault for taking the windows out, but I didn't expect to be rushed off my feet on Friday :( it was a fat south Africans fault

Evo 5 RS

Sorry guys, just ran out of time. Plus you don't buy sealant from Scottish ebayers. I'm undecided on whether to keep it due to moving and needing to cut down to one car. So it might be up for sale shortly :(.

Again undecided, I won't sell it for any less than I'm asking either.

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

You've never disappointed me so much.

First you don't come to CSS, then you decide you're going to sell it?

Next your balls will shrink up inside of you and your penis will fall off.

Evo 5 RS

Maybe x

I'll see, next week will be the dead cert. It's not something I'm keen on doing for the record, hence why i've not put it up yet. And also so I could be at CSS but that fell through

Status
Not open for further replies.