ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CV JOINT CLIP....

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Took my wheels off yesturday to give them a good clean, and noticed that when I took the front nearside off the inside of the wheel was covered in greese. The CV joint clip had broken. Went out in search of another, but the best anyone could offer was a cable tie. They told me that 99% of CV joint kits come with cable ties these days. I tried one on it but it just didn't feel tight enough, so ended up putting on a metal clip that I had in the garage.

So my question is will I have to go to Renault to get a replacement clip?

Cheers

172 Cup
The cable tie on my old GTI6 is still ok after 20k and the one on my cup is ok after 2k :) Just make sure its of decent size so you can pull it tight with some pliers

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I've put a jubilee clip on it, like you all say I think that will probably do the trick.

Cheers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
That was the first thing i did when i bought my 182 , drove it home , up on the ramps and cable tied the cv boot clips . It seems to be quite a common problem that they snap .

LY 182
plastic gaiters are rubbish

cable ties WILL NOT hold it,, i tend to just cut them off and fit rubber ones

you can jubilee clip them.. but for what it takes i think its a better job to properly fill it with grease, whack a rubber boot on it, cable tie at each end and it will never come off