ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cutting out when revving

clio 172 monaco blue
hi guys wondering if anyone can help...

my clio 172 been driving spot on but today when i got in i was in 2nd gear started go give it some up to about 4-5k rpm and then it sort of lost power and wouldnt rev high, very little power

got a light come on under the petrol light (the one where it looks like the wires are crossed) as this happened and now the service light remains on. when i turn car off and on the wires light will go away but when i give it some it loses power again and feels very sluggish.

any ideas?

clio 172 monaco blue
e.c.u?? oh my........... not happy with that! the thing is it still drives fine UNTIL i put m foot down and go over say 3-4k rpm... and even when it seems to lose power it will sitll drive just very sluggish....

:(:(:(

RS6 C7
im not mechanic though so dont listen lol , Just sounds similar to what i had, Could be a fuel injector or something minor ...

clio 172 monaco blue
really frustrating man hopefully someone will have a better idea .. im planning get the machine on it later now so that might throw up wat it is

mine did that.. its the electronic fault light iirc... i was doing silly speed and it come on and wouldn't go off.. also my revs kept sticking and wouldnt rev up at all :S

clio 172 monaco blue
just to let everyone know... its completely gone now and car drives fine... the engine management light stayed on for a day or two then just went...

the only thing i can think is that when i pressure washed the car some water must have possibly seeped in??? i did give the radiator area a bit of a blast ...