ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Customer service strikes again, must read!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 182 FF & Cups
Hello All

Thought I'd post thread detailing the total ineptitude I have suffered at the hands of reno in the past few months, I need to get this off my chest as I'm so p!ssed off its untrue. Bear with me as it's quite a tale!!

I sold my 172 in March this year as I was getting married in May and needed some cash to help pay for the big day. I bought this new and had relatively enjoyable ownership experience. The only problem I'd had was when the local dealer messed up my 12K service by leaving the oil filler cap off the top of the engine leading to a right mess in my engine bay. The outcome of the resulting complaint wasn't very satisfactory (a free valet) but I chalked it up to an innocent mistake.

I replaced the 172 with a valver and now after 6 months of sorting myself out I'm ready to buy a new car again. Here the real saga begins....

The wife and I visited the British Motor Show in july to look at the new 197 and also the Meg 225. After a brief conversation with the girl on the stand I requested a brouchure and that my details be passed to my local dealer (thought I'd give them another chance) to arrange a test drive of both vehicles. A few days later a brouchure and cover letter arrived from reno thanking me for my interest and telling me that my details had been passed on to my local dealer.

After 3 weeks I had heard nothing more and was about to speak to someone when I recieved an email from the renault sport community forum asking If i would like to test drive the 197, I replied to the email and subsequently booked a 197 test drive for the following week, also adding to the booking form a note about being interested in the Meggy RS's as well.

The day of the test drive came and rushing to the dealership as I was running a little late I arrived flustered but on time to be greated by a gaggle of apathetic salesmen. When one finally showed some interest I explained that I had a test drive booked through the net for the 197. He took a few details and then tired to schedule a drive, I told him I'd booked for today!! He then in his own words told me the reno website was "a bag of sh*t" and they are never informed of internet bookings in time, and that the 197 demo was at the valeters (next door!) so couldn't possibly be driven today (he never rang the valeters to check if the car was ready though). Reluctantly I resceduled the test drive for the following monday.

Half an hour before that booking they rang to tell me the 197 had a puncture and couldn't be driven but they would ring me again to reshedule as soon as it could be.... the call has never come.

At RWS the other week me and the missus were looking around the 197 and 225 again when we were approached by a saleswoman again asking if we would like more info and a test drive..... I told her the story and in fairness she was great, making an official complaint about the dealer on my behalf and assuring me some one from reno uk would contact me.

A cracking lass from reno rung me later that week and took the full details of the complaint. She was very appolagetic and understanding and spent the best part of 3 days backwards and forwards on the phone with me and other dealers to arrange test drives (but obviously not at my nearest dealer!!).

A test drive of both the 197 and 225 was arranged for this morning at a dealer about a 40 minute drive from me. I spoke to their sales manger on the phone, seemed a real nice guy, he seemed to know lots about the RS's (suprisingly!!). He also explained to me it had taken a bit of effort to get the 2 cars as they are only a small dealer and asked me to reassure him I wouldn't let him down, I promised I wouldn't and told him I'd look forward to seeing his salesman today (the manager had today off).

I set off this morning, having to battle through road closures and diversions, paying £6 in bridge tolls (humber bridge!) and arriving at the dealer a little late (I rung ahead and explained about the road works, but told them I was still coming, no problem they said, look forward to seeing you), to be greated by a salesman who new nothing of my appointment and then informed me that both the 197 and 225 had been sold early last week and therefore they couldn't be driven............... W@nkers!!!!!!

I appreciate cars sell, but they have had nearly a week to ring me and simply haven't bothered. I'm trying to spend nearly 20k ffs!!

So now I simply don't care if Dieppe's next car is quicker than a veyron, better looking than a zonda and costs no more than a punto, I simply wont buy it because I've had enough of being treat like sh!t.

Yours, a p!ssed off, fewie_172 (soon to be fewie_type_r, fewie_wrx, or lord help me fewie_st(asbo),

Status
Not open for further replies.