ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Current Ipad2 deals ??? Help please??

Clio 172 cup
So, looking for an Ipad2 to mess around the house with.

First of all I need 3G as we have no wifi in the flat and i have no desire to install a bt phone line i will never use
2nd i dont want to buy one outright at the moment

My mobile network is Orange and im pleased with there coverage/3g on my 4s so looked at there ipad2 deals

They want £139 and £25x 24 months for a pathetic 1GB anytime and 1GB quiet time

Now looked at the 3 network and their Ipad2 deal is sooooooo better value!!!

They want £69 upfront and then £25 x 24month for a massive 15GB

Obviously the three networks deal is far far better vfm

But is Three 3g signal rubbish compared to orange?

Does anyone have the ipad on Three and does it work ok?

Should i wait till the ipad mini comes out next month and see what deal are on then??

Ps there is no O2/giff gaff signal where i live

You'd be mental to get it on that deal. Even the 'better' one.

Buy one outright (the new iPad, not the 2) and then get a PAYG sim from somewhere or tether it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just buy the new one, non 3g and tether or wi-fi. I only use my laptop for storing detail pictures and transferring memory card pictures.

Clio 172 cup
Come to think of it, why don't you just get wifi in the house?!

It's no more expensive to get a line installed if you find the right deal.

I wish that was true, just cant bring myself to pay for line rental i will never use.
I have found you can get a orange dongle for a laptop with unlimited internet for 3 months for £30
If i can tether this i will opt for this set up and buy a decent second hand ipad from somewhere

But if you are using internet, you are using the line.

I've managed to get Sky Broadband, Line rental, free installation, free box, free setup, no deposit and Phone line with caller ID, for £12.50 a month for first 6 months, and £22.50 for the next, on a 12 month deal.

Do you not have to buy a router to tether a 3G signal?

Changes to often
3 have the best 3g signal, it a no brainer. i work for carphone warehouse.

you can get a new ipad for £99 and £29 a month with 15gb download. all the other networks are rubbish when it comes to mobile bb.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I've got 3 Mifi dongle, it's awesome.

15gb for £15.

I only use mine for work as I live iny truck for 4 nights.

Mk2 Ph2 172
I have a iPad 3 with Vodafone got it free then £31 a month for 24 months with 3G which I get 2g per month on it!!!

It is an expensive way of getting one, but they way I see it I will have it two years then I will up grade to the latest tablet then sell this one so won't be too much out of pocket !!!