ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup vs type r

wozzaa said:

Too close to really say 1 is faster than the other. Although for everyday driveability the clio wins hands down. Unless you enjoy driving around at 7000+rpm all the time.

This is rubbish. Don't think you've drove the CTR all day. No offence.

MKIII 138
Vtec Abuser said:
LMFAO....
Skoda diesel sailing past... don't make me f***ing laugh... They are nippy, or even maybe 172 pace... But sailing past a CTR... Must you talk such sh*te man..???
What was the proven timing equipment used on your 0-100 test? A grotty casio calculator watch...
If it's done on a 1/4 mile strip then fair enough... ie my CTR was 14.5 @ 97mph, roughly working out to be 0-100 in just over 15 secs... STANDARD!!!

actually m8, it was mapped at a place called Jabbasport, it has a cupra intake, intake mod, filter and actually pushed 195bhp and 330lbft (stock 130) but was knocked down to be safe everyday driving. figures are now 185-190 320lbft.

ctr 197 hp vrs 190 hp
ctr 145lbft < hehe vrs 320lbft thats 433 NM ! more than an STi PPP impreza

the 1202 kg of the ctr v 1320kg of the vrs doesnt play much part due to massive torque. the guy he beat was caining it and had a full stainless system on also

just for some other info, he had declared all mods to greenlight at 21yrs old with points and its still dirt cheap to insure at Grp 8 and full legal much cheaper through greenlight and faster than a 182 and HAS sailed past a CTR by sailed i dont mean thrashed it, i mean slowly but smoothly crept by.

its unreal from 90-110mph its like 70-90 in the 172 i owned last.

my cup (no back seats + hillpower) is very evenly matched with this car, although shock horror if he added an uprated FMIC and or made a few tweaks it would be faster.

finally with the 40mm lowering and seat strut brace its no bad handler by any means and if driven normally will return 53mpg.... try that in your CTR

the only bummer is the diesel noise

MKIII 138
.. ohh and the VRS featured in that V6 v Fabia last week where the fabia won was only a 175hp revo`d vrs !!! the jabbasport ones are really fast due to the imense torque, forget peak hp (although £250 will see a 130hp vrs gain 40bhp) lbft is where its at.

we have also kept and been slightly faster (although not safe to pass) a uk wrx 220ps (225) in his VRS-JS

Golf GTI Ed30
Uk WRX isn't anything to shout about mate... Use to pass them in my CTR.
The Fabia GOT BEAT by the V6 (a piss poor effort of a V6 might I add). Think the vRS got a 15.8 or something.
Plus i'll think you'll find that Revo are renound for having better torque figs than jabba. My LCR has 300lb/ft (Revo'd), where as most Jabba remaps produce about 280lb/ft. But i'm not going to get into argument about Revo v's Jabba...
It does my head in when people bang on about torque all the time... My CTR had sod all torque, but it was the way it delivered it that counted...
I'm sure your mates fabia goes very well. But i'd like to see what it runs on the 1/4 mile strip (by that I mean Pod, not some runway with timing gear). If it gets mid to high 14's with terminals speeds in the late 90's, come back and talk then and i'll take you more seriously...
Oh and get your mate to find another CTR with a decent driver in it. cause there's plenty out there with *****s behind the wheel.... Believe me!!!

Nippy white cup
Vtec Abuser said:
Uk WRX isn't anything to shout about mate... Use to pass them in my CTR.
The Fabia GOT BEAT by the V6 (a piss poor effort of a V6 might I add). Think the vRS got a 15.8 or something.
Plus i'll think you'll find that Revo are renound for having better torque figs than jabba. My LCR has 300lb/ft (Revo'd), where as most Jabba remaps produce about 280lb/ft. But i'm not going to get into argument about Revo v's Jabba...
It does my head in when people bang on about torque all the time... My CTR had sod all torque, but it was the way it delivered it that counted...
I'm sure your mates fabia goes very well. But i'd like to see what it runs on the 1/4 mile strip. If it gets mid to high 14's with terminals speeds in the late 90's, come back and talk then and i'll take you more seriously...
Oh and get your mate to find another CTR with a decent driver in it. cause there's plenty out there with *****s behind the wheel.... Believe me!!! I was one of them!!!

Good of you to admit it Ben m8 ;)

what we need is a clio with honda vtec like horse power

why is it that renault produce awsome motors in f1 but cant match honda with its power figures in the clio. i just dont get that.im sure they can if they really want to without any reliability probs. put 154 kilowatts in the clio like the honda's got and its bye bye honda all the way.

MKIII 138
pbirkett said:
I'm guessing your bro is hellfire on briskoda then?

:D

about the 1/4 mile thingy, me and hellfire are gonna do one but probably at york dragstrip.

should be interesting.

also agree about jabba v revo but Hellfire`s car at the time was the first car that jabba had tested that proved 10hp 12lbft was possible from just the cupra intake (try that on a 182 or CTR) and on max setting produced higher results than any other car before.

all i can say is that its very fast for a grp 8 diesel with less than £500 mods spent on it and its faster than a 182 (on the straights) although granted not all people can drive, the CTR` back was dropping and crap came out of the exhaust like when a tuned jap car is really gunning it and it was a tough one but he did manage to sail by.

dont know why people think 300lbft is worthless ?? in gear times are stunning for such little outlay

look at it this way 7 hp less than a CTR but 175lbft more !! thats over double the torque of a CTR and yes its a heavier car by 120kilos or so but that would only be a penalty around 30/40lbft at the very max so you see that extra torque pushes it uptop. the only thing the VRS is bad for is really high speeds where the aerodynamics are poor.

it does do 144 mph (stock is 132) so its not that slow. try gaining that much extra top end speed in a CTR or 182 for £500 even with speedo error thats 10mph faster over stock

Last edited:
  Nissan 350Z
meggerman said:
dont know why people think 300lbft is worthless ?? in gear times are stunning for such little outlay

Agreed - the 230 lb ft on the standard one is the reason why a car with 100 bhp / tonne will hit 0-60 in 8 seconds and on to 128 mph... 50-70 on the std car is 5.6 secs in 5th :)