ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup residuals

182 cup

Hi guys.

What kind of residuals values are you seeing on your Cups?

For cars 6 months (and/or 1 year) old what sort of values do you think they will hold?

MANY thanks in advance (am looking to get one soon and weighin up the options; new, ex-demo, or 2nd hand... :)

Andy

Im buying one brand new coz Im gonna be keeping it for a few years doing about 30k per year, so I wanna know how its been run in etc.

I wouldnt touch an ex-demo with a barge pole! been out on a few test drives at different dealers and they all felt like they had to prove to me how fast the car was (even tho I turned up to the flaming garage in a prodrive scooby!) as soon as we were out of ear shot of the dealership, thatll be ragged from cold day in day out sir!

182 cup

Good point.

Renaults response was that their "test drives are all accompanied, so the car never gets more stick than it was designed too sir".

Am kinda nervous of 2nd hand too - cos many of them may have been track-dayed, i.e. thrashed! But then, thats why theres a cost saving, cos of the risk.

...Hence the thought process about how much theyre depreciating by, so as to balance the risk with potential saving. Phoned Renault Cambridge today and they reckon £12,900 cup new with climate. Not bad, but can probably be bettered.

Maybe £11,800 odd for an ex-demo.

So, what do you think a 3, 6 or 1 year old car would be worth??

Many thanks again folks!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Depends entirely who you buy from. If you can speak to the previous owner, or better still meet him / her, you can make a judgement about the sort of life that the car might have had. Buying from a dealer youre pretty much blind, and yes the muppets at the dealer may well have had a bit of fun in it.

dealer offered me 9.5 for mine:

6 months old, 20k on the clock.

a new: pre-reg is on for 10,250 if you hunt around.

/y0z

Im getting mine new from a dealer, £11,263 with climate. haggle mate! Keepem dangling theyll chase you!

The production run ends in september, I think, so used values should stay higher after that.

y0z2a, im gonna be doing similar miles to you hows it holding up? Anything fallen off yet!?

182 cup

11,300 - thats pretty good. how far did you have to hunt to find this? is this typical?

Any ideas on when the new shape Sports come out?

Paying cash! When they tell you they will not service an import tell them you dont believe them etc etc coz they have to servcie any euro sourced car eventually theyll come round and drop the price!

Not sure if it still applies (I think the new reg system was brought in to stop this as it was costing a fortune each year) but when ever new regs come out they are desperate to get rid of existing car so you should be able to get a good deal in August.

Quote: Originally posted by simonjones10 on 09 July 2003

Im buying one brand new coz Im gonna be keeping it for a few years doing about 30k per year, so I wanna know how its been run in etc.

I wouldnt touch an ex-demo with a barge pole! been out on a few test drives at different dealers and they all felt like they had to prove to me how fast the car was (even tho I turned up to the flaming garage in a prodrive scooby!) as soon as we were out of ear shot of the dealership, thatll be ragged from cold day in day out sir!
How strange that people always think this.

My 172 was used as a demo car and was thrashed to peices by myself and on demos and anytime it could be.

It was also the ONLY clio we had that never ever gave problems, not a single one........

It was sold fora bargain with all the development kit on it and the new owner is happy as.

Demo cars (if the dealer is decent) are look after, parts always changed as soon as anythign happens.

I wouldnt have a problem with a demo car.

Im in no doubt all the parts are change as and when its the ranting from cold i just didnt want to risk. Im thinking 50-60k down the road!

182 cup

All sounds sensible to me.

What is the best way to find out how well these bad boys are holding their value?

I just need to know whats typical to help my budgeting and decision making....

MANY thanks guys n gals.

My car (Cup) has 13k on the clock just had its first service at Renault (I changed the oil at 6K) its in perfect nick apart from the odd stone chip.

Im asking 9800 GBP for mine, goin in the Trader next week.

Scott

thats reasonable scott.

I think anyone who came and saw one in good condition would buy at under 10k. (my opinion - not for discussion)

182 cup

Cool thanks - thats a help :) Am familiar with autotrader also, did a cup search not so long back and found nothing at the time, so will just keep trying... cheers guys!

182 cup

No, not spoken with anyone yet Paul, other than the lovely dealers themselves - but thanks for the tip off :)

The main reason being that im a right tart and fancy the Cup Climate, oKay so id only use it 2-3 months out of the year, but its days like these that make you realise how useful it would be and hopefully itll keep its resale value up...

Now gotta look at a lowest cost way of financing something thats only going to loose money. Cars, what joy!

It does concern me that the Cups are destined to be the next Novas. Now ive gone and done it, light the blue touch paper Andy why dont you!!

Got some thinking to do.