ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup rear brake pistons

Do you twist these in as far as they go, then pump, start engine and pump again and then pull up the hand brake last?

I have fitted new disks and pads, but there doesnt seem like the back brakes are any better, nor is the hand brake any better.

Could these become seized and not come out as far as they need to?

Thanks very much.

330i. E30 Touring.
All 1*2's have almost non-existant rear brakes, nothing to worry about..

The handbrake could do with adjusting if it's not holding enough weight.

Westy. MX5
After 500 miles they should have re-adjusted. So the hanbrake has to be tightened up, the adjuster is hidden by the exhaust heatsheild under the handbrake lever and has to be removed for access.

Personally it just doesn't feel like the brakes are any good. considering it's had new disks and pads all around.

Someone said to me that my pistons at the back need to be wound out closer to the pads.

Is process I mention in my first post correct?

Thanks

Westy. MX5
They should be self adjusting after all the number of times you have operated the handbrake. Did the pads have studs on the center of the backing plate? if they did then the piston won't rotate outwards to close the gap.