ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup never ending project!!

PH2 172
TBH mate, can't be arsed, just glad to have the car back, going to sell some bits and get a bit of ££ back.

Worst things happen at sea so to speak!, although i am very dissapointed.

I think you'll feel a bit better when it's on the road again, but it's gutting to see it in bits considering it looked mint when it went.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
^Dont let him get away with it mate, it just means that he wont get the kick up the ass he needs to stop doing it to any future 'customers'

williams and trophy
So far i know the following cars have been to Angelworks and come back half finished, never resurfaced, or just generally taken 12months+ for work - Dave (minivalver), Ben_p and Steve's. Whos are the other cars that have been to Angel Works that Daniel mentioned?

Good luck with the inlets Steve. How much work do you estimate there to be to get the car running again?

jesus, mehdi

soooooooooooo many more.

iv been saying this for years, and il say it again. i wouldnt trust the guy to put air in my tyres for fear of him blowing them up........hehe.

sorry to hear bout your hassles mate, and i hope u get it sorted.

maybe 1 day the mods on here will leave the threads alone when people slate tuners, then maybe just maybe, ppl like yourself and the others wont have to pay thru the nose to get nowt done.

the guys a fukkin joke.

Used to think ben was a decent guy TBH, however after reading this and the thread in the dealers section its certainly opened my eyes. Such a shame.

CLIO Iceberg 172
i remember seeing this at AWT back in may 08 iirc, when i was having my cambelt changed, its such a shame its taken this long just to get the car back and have to put it back to the way it was before it went in after it being away for so long... i hope things turn out right in the end.

i remember seeing a black clio in there too with white wheels and with its engine all over the floor, didnt have a clue whos that was or how long it had been there

Attachments

• P090508_10.45[02]net.JPG
    P090508_10.45[02]net.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 90
  Snotter's
awesome car but i would not leave without getting my money back. Have you asked him? How much does he owe?

Mondeo TDCI 130
Couple of pics from last night!, excuse the quality, camera phone! ;)

Loom bbutchered, vems cut out, end of original renault loom!

09062009143.jpg

FBW throttle pedal assembly back in, removed throttle cable.

09062009144.jpg

Vems loom, didnt take long to remove with some side cutters!!!

09062009142.jpg

a thirsty one
sorry to hear this kev, gutted.

remember you talking about it when i had my service/aux belt done last year and the plans for it. i did remember thinking back to some of the horror stories but as you say its back now and will be back on the road and putting a grin back on your face soon enough.

on the up side at least low mileage example as hasnt done any in 15 months?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Ahhh fair enough then. I just remember threads have disapeared before after negative opinions but as its at your request then all is good. :)

Hows the car coming along now? any more updates?

Mondeo TDCI 130
Done a fair bit today!

: Removed cat cams and put stock items back in.
: Fit manifold & plunum.
: Fit plugs and leads, had to get some secondhand leads as i didnt have a full set......
: Trial fitted the new radiator, bolted the fan to it etc.
: Fitted a new battery and mounted new battery tray on boot.

So far, list of new parts stands like this,

New air temp sensor
Radiator mounts
TDC sensor and loom section
New rad
Spark plugs
Secondhand leads, lol!
Battery
Map sensor

Also found out i need some more new parts today......

Oxygen sensor
2 x relays for fuse box

Got a few pics, will upload later hopefully!!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Cams are useless without itb's! Ben is meant to be having everything back, we are in talks! lol!!

Fingers crossed, we may possibly have it running friday, very big maybe though!

Mondeo TDCI 130
BIG UPDATE :

It runs, after much graft and head scratching, it runs, even been for a cheeky roadtest!

Right, so we cracked on at about 10AM, by the time we got the car into the workshop and organised.

All went pretty well, gaz was in charge of extending the pieces of loom, and i was trying to tidy bits up etc as we went along!

Cracked it up about 11.30, ran ok at idle, but the coil light was on, and it was in limp mode, only go to 3K rpm..............

Sooooooooooo, Did more checking, swapped the throttle body as there was a related code on the diagnostic gear, even popped to the scrappies to get a new pedal assembly, all to no avail!

So major loom stripdown then entailed, we thought there was a broken wire possibly, or missed joining one, but found nothing, after about an hour we had a thought.... some of the wires in the loom to the dephaser sensor and map sensor were the same colours.....you guessed it, they had been soldered onto the wrong bits by someone down at awt and taped into a loom section......... :(

Good to find the fault though, so we started taping the loom, mounting the rad and slam panel, we both left about 7PM, after a little road test, pretty good so far! Roadtest with no bumper!!:cool:

MASSIVE thanks to gaz today, he was a huge help!, and also Andy over the weekend for assistance with refitting cams etc!!!

Few pics from today gaz took :

Was this a sign..... found it on the drive in the crushed hardcore!!!

DSC04433.jpg

DSC04434.jpg

DSC04435.jpg

DSC04436.jpg

DSC04437.jpg

DSC04438.jpg

DSC04439.jpg

Found these butchered wires during loom strippage....

DSC04441.jpg

DSC04442.jpg

These are the wires that were wrong... the greens had been mixed up,

DSC04445.jpg

All soldered, heatshrinked and loom taped up!

DSC04447.jpg

DSC04448.jpg

DSC04449.jpg

DSC04450.jpg

DSC04451.jpg

DSC04453.jpg

DSC04454.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looking like it will be back to mint again soon Steve.
Gutted hearing about all of this, I'm sure I've made 3 trips up to you guys for work and never seen the car!

I'll be up again at some point though with my V6....may see it then ;)