ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup never ending project!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Right, i decided it was time to start!! As i am sure some of you are aware, i bought 197gaz's old cup back in may 07, but it had gone through a fair few transformations before then!!

I will try and remember it all, sure gaz wont mind me stealing some shots!!

Purchased originally by gaz in dec 04, with 30 k on the clock, first mods were eibach springs fitted by myself, due to lack off drop these didnt last long, gaz coilovers and wheel refurb followed soon, and a magnex cat back was added!

cup1.jpg

cup2.jpg

cup3.jpg

cup4.jpg

The gaz coilies soon went to make way for H&R's, one rear gaz shock pissed its fluid out straight away, and they were too harsh / knocked and banged!!

Then september 05 it suffered a setback, gaz had a head on with a parked vovlo, he turned a bend to meet it parked facing him and a 4x4 coming the other way!! resulting in me having to tow it home, and having to have a new front end!! no pics though unfortunately!!:dapprove:

H&R'd with CAF.

cup5.jpg

Then december 05, fog lights removed and caf fitted, and some new seating!!:cool:

cup6.jpg

cup8.jpg

Then for a change of rims again!, also pic of it with my motor of the time, the impreza!

cup9.jpg

cup10.jpg

Then we went on a road trip to prospeed, iirc it was snowing, we got stuck on the motorway in a huuuuge pile up and were late, ended up with the following :

cup11.jpg

New wheel was fitted, still have this at the min! :

cup12.jpg

Then we had a set back.... somebody (no names are mentioned) decided he had a rattle in the roof lining, after a lip with a screwdriver, we were fitting a new one!!!!

Then went back to standard rims, and had matched inlets from Mr R :

cup14.jpg

cup13.jpg

Them came the recaro's!!

cup15.jpg

Then it had one final spring clean by gaz, done 72K by this time! :

cup16.jpg

Then it was my turn, got offered it at a price i couldnt refuse!! so the old valver went :

000_0685.jpg

Maxogen was on it when i collected it!:cool:

000_0779.jpg

Only thing that was removed was the prospeed and the seats!, i ended up buying the prospeed back!:eek:

I have done little really, got some brembo's off here that needed some tlc :

12082007178.jpg

12082007165.jpg

09092007223.jpg

08092007220.jpg

Then bought some recaro's out of an evo, got them fit! crappy phone pic, best i have! :

16122007284.jpg

Then some pc love, not bad for 75K! :

000_0936.jpg

That will have to do for tonight as photobucket has given up!! To be continued.........:)

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
lovely cup there mate, nice knowing that much of its history too.
Just wondering why you took the 2118's off for the turini's. looks or did you notice the weight of the speedlines.

i think i got the 2118's from this car back in 2006 from Gaz! should look good when you get to fit the new bits to it!

Clio SB07 w/ k9k704
Excellent project!!! But that valver phase I is something really special...

By replacing the seats and the steering wheel with no airbags how do you bypass the dashboard lights?

Mondeo TDCI 130
Few more clean piccies :

000_0861.jpg

000_0857.jpg

The car is just a toy for me, i use a van everyday, don't drink or smoke etc, so spend free cash on the motor! only a summer toy aswell.

Then i got a bit bored, with all the 197 love about, i was tempted to change, but decided against it, it would mean borrowing ££, so i thought i would spend a few dollars on the cup.

Moved the battery into the boot, its not finished yet, have a battery box to fit when she returns! :

DSCI0005.jpg

Then it was several phone calls to Ben@Angelworks, and off it trundled to cambridge, originally just for ITB's, but during the work we have opted for cams aswell, as i am sure ben will admit, due to his perfection, he aint the quickest!! If he isnt 100% happy, it comes apart.

There are some new bits coming aswell, they will be revealed when it returns, Ben is hoping it to be a first. (As he has taken it on himself to make the tidyest conversion ever), secretly, i think he wants it!:eek:

Pic from AWT :

DSC00109.jpg

and the last time i took some piccies, seems a VERY long time ago!;) :

DSCI0007.jpg

DSCI0009.jpg

So, at the minute thats here, BUT when it returns, i have loads of bits to fit, cage, new exhaust, new spoiler, new rear bumper and some other treats!!:cool:

to be continued........

Mondeo TDCI 130
lovely cup there mate, nice knowing that much of its history too.
Just wondering why you took the 2118's off for the turini's. looks or did you notice the weight of the speedlines.

Gaz still owned it then mate, think he just got bored of them to be honest, keeping them clean was a nightmare, and he likkes clean!!!

i think i got the 2118's from this car back in 2006 from Gaz! should look good when you get to fit the new bits to it!

Correct matey!:)

what happened to the valver, looked uber mint!!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=192001

Have a look in there mate, picked it up of ebay for £750!! Was a steal, needed a few tiny jobs. was a clean one!

Excellent project!!! But that valver phase I is something really special...

By replacing the seats and the steering wheel with no airbags how do you bypass the dashboard lights?

If you have a search around mate, you put resistors inline, to trick the air bag system into thinking its there! Just works off resistance!:)

Cheers for all the comments people!:D

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
For some reason yours looks much better than mine :rasp: What cams have you gone for? I've been looking to get some towards the end of the year so would be interested in your results.

172 Cup
see it at bens this week, i have to admit i should of stole them seats, they look so at home in there lol. ECU wiring looks amazingly tidy, wrapped around the injectors it will look better than factory!!

Nice motor!!

Nimbus Megane R26
looks mint matey, wish it was there when i dropped car off on tuesday..wouldnt have minded a poke around it!

Btw what did you do with the trophy recaro's? Im on the lookout for a set!

Mondeo TDCI 130
For some reason yours looks much better than mine :rasp: What cams have you gone for? I've been looking to get some towards the end of the year so would be interested in your results.

CAT421's i believe mate! Left it to ben, he is the expert! :approve:

looks mint matey, wish it was there when i dropped car off on tuesday..wouldnt have minded a poke around it!

Btw what did you do with the trophy recaro's? Im on the lookout for a set!

Sold mate, a very long time ago!!!:dapprove:

M

mini-valver

It's a mint car this, pics really dont do it justice! Plans sound awesome dude, you know my thoughts!!!

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
The most patient man on CS ! :)

Good work so far Steve, still plenty to do when you get it back though.

Will be quality when complete mate.

Chocolate Bar™
shed!

never seen this in the flesh, and cant wait for my co-pilot drive round malpas :cool:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Aye, i'll have a dig on Photobucket for any more pics from back in the day ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
First pic i have. Lack of splitter, orange repeaters.....

24ef8f8d.jpg

Splitter added, lowered on Prolines (which are mint, just didnt offer the drop)

may05.jpg

Had a fiddle with the Magnex, evntually got it sitting right lol

000_0015.jpg

Think Kev has covered most of it from there, but if anyone wants any old pics with different wheels/seats etc, i have loads lol!!!

EP3 Civic Type R
How low have you gone on the Coilovers mate?

The cars perfect- exactly how I want mine eventually