ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Lol. I think the guys at the garage put them on to tell me to manage my 'time on track' better. 😊
Nothing wrong with the temperature strips mate - quite a useful addition! I have one on my gearbox to 'monitor' the temps. It's not like a give a f**k when it's gone above the oils operating temp anyway, but it's a nice to have. Lol!!

In all seriousness though they're worthwhile to keep an eye on the temps - especially if you start getting disc issues. You need to know where/if there's a heat related fault before you can carry out remedial action.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks to @BIGASH and @LeeP86 I'll be picking these up tomorrow and getting them on the freshly Powdercoated Willys wheels.

32c5d9a8a4824095154b525393b4ab69.jpg

17491ffd4b5b69b2b4f5a7f81fe3a856.jpg

Got crazy brake squeal from the new set up so need to do some miles to bed them in over the next couple of weeks.

Then all ready for Bedford on the 28th :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Yep. Well, I need to do some miles in it to bed the brakes in. The new pads and discs are squeeling like mofos!
Mine are too. Alex has it at the moment doing some stuff to it so when it's all sorted I'll get some miles done. Haven't even warmed the pads properly yet. They are hilarious... Squeel like fek too but it all adds to the hilariousness of the silly yellow experience.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
So, a few things I've been cracking on with ready for Bedford on the 28th. @Daniel - if you don't get tickets, welcome to passenger in mine for the day. @Tim. are you still coming along bud?

- renewed my insurance with Greenlight. Top service, brilliant price as per usual!
- I've ordered some more Fuchs Titan Race Pro S oil. It isn't using any, but I don't like having none in the garage / with me on track.
- fit the CM Composite brake ducts
- pick up Powdercoated willy wheels with Direzzas fitted.
- I've ordered some 5mm spacers. I run 16mm with the f1s / original alloys but with the Willys offset they'll scrub. Will need to fiddle about with the spacers to get clearance over the Brembos but not rub.
- fit the go pro and mount
- put some miles on it to help the brake squeal and to bed the brakes in so they don't glaze.

It will be trundling along to the SC meet in Reading tomorrow, so best give it a clean I suppose.

I've also booked Anglesey for 2nd July, and going to book the Oulton RS day.

Will update with photos as and when the above gets done :smile:

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd leave it where it is and add a cable tie for some redundancy or try a few different places to see what you prefer. I'm not a fan of videos from behind the driver as with the wide angle lense the foreground tends to dominate the view.

I prefer behind the driver too. More interesting to watch the driver input over some boring empty bits of track I find. You can also zoom in on the go pro software to get less of the s**t the wide angle lense picks up. So you focus on the window and view more than backs of seats.