ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Areas Day 14 (SOUTH WEST) 21.09.14

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
This is going to be a ClioSport.net national event with a twist! :)

The CS area reps (that are still active) have come together with the idea that EVERY AREA will hold a meet on the same day at the end of the season.

The main aim for this is to allow the people that could not attend the larger events this year for whatever reason to attend and hopefully these events will be closer to 99% of member’s homes than the other large events. :)

The event photographs and write up will be added to a CS Areas Day 14 thread along with every other areas.

Confirmation of meeting place

PL31 2RD The Borough Arms

Meeting time of 12:00 please make sure you have fuel in your car for when we head for a drive after something to eat.

Cheers

Dan :)

Last edited:

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Re: CS Areas Day 14 (SOUTH WEST "south") 21.09.14

Guys if you are gonna attend one event this year then please make it this one! 3 or 4 people attending a national event like this just wouldn't be good enough for such a large area.

if the problem is with it being held at PMS base then please feel free to put up some ideas :)

cheers

Dan :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Why has no one put down interest in this event?

Other areas already have people and have decided what they want to do lol

As we are the southwest I'm thinking photos by the sea/coast with potential to have your cars in PFC mag.

Does that not tempt anyone?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Yes 2 people posting in the thread at last!! We are the last area to have more than one person post in the threads lol

BG 182 FF

1. Dan,
2. Cornish_172
3. McGherkin
4. Pobox

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Yes west is best!

we have a full on 4 people :) lol

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Theres not even a thread up in South Central !!!!

It's up now :)

That's every area covered :)

The north west and Bham areas are winning in numbers ATM with both having about 15!!

We really need to pull something out the bag lol

We also need more names down for people who are interested!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Also as this is coming towards the end of the year/season I'm thinking a drive out for potential calendar/ CS heading candidate photos around an activity we do.

ST Eval karting is out because of noise restrictions shutting the place on a Sunday :(

Tbh I would like more names down before I made a choice of what to do.

If we was to get nearly 20 then a RR day might be worth looking at, we have another company that I have been pointed towards that has rollers down here too and a tidy pasty/burger van could be asked to come along too :)

Any further ideas from anyone?

It would be good if it was car related some how too.

Cheers

Dan

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

My mate wants to get his focus on the rollers too, so we'd have an extra person for that. Sucks about St. Eval, but Plymouth is open and the indoor track is usually good fun. I know it's not in cornwall but you might get better numbers. Karting + pub.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Right let's see what I can do :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Right input from people needed.

As PMS seems to be a non starter for the meet I'm looking at alternatives.

Could people put down which of the following they would rather do?

1. A classic SW Bodmin run, with a stop off for food and photos (hopefully CS calendar worth ones ;) ) and potentially karting in plymouth to finish the day off if it's open on a Sunday?

2. A rolling road day, potentially the same one we used last year but it might have be another as I'm not sure they can be used on a Sunday due to sound regs.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

1. A classic SW Bodmin run, with a stop off for food and photos (hopefully CS calendar worth ones ;) ) and potentially karting in plymouth to finish the day off if it's open on a Sunday?

Sounds like a great plan to me! They're open on a Sunday AFAIK.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Right so after scanning the internet and ringing multiple places, non of them are able to do a RR day on a sunday due to noise restrictions :S

But that just means we can sort the bodmin meet out and make sure its a good one :)

I am going to make a call to the Go-karting place now and see what prices they will offer us etc.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Right so after scanning the internet and ringing multiple places, non of them are able to do a RR day on a sunday due to noise restrictions :S

But that just means we can sort the bodmin meet out and make sure its a good one :)

I am going to make a call to the Go-karting place now and see what prices they will offer us etc.

Shame about the RR day, I'd have liked to get my mate's Focus on as well if it had gone ahead.

Need a good drive out though, and karting will finish it off nicely (well, a trip to China House in plymouth would finish it off nicely after that ;) )

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Shame about the RR day, I'd have liked to get my mate's Focus on as well if it had gone ahead.

Need a good drive out though, and karting will finish it off nicely (well, a trip to China House in plymouth would finish it off nicely after that ;) )

Karting has come back at £35 each for a full GP session if we have more than 8 people, I'm not sure people will want to spend that sort of money so maybe an arrive and drive which is £10?

Also good wise I think it will be lunch that is organised for everyone too keep the overall costs down for the actual meet, if people want to do tea then people can sort that on the day.

Any ideas to stop for food on Bodmin? We have that pub with the bridge we went to last time which I suppose isn't bad.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

3x arrive and drive sessions is circa £25 IIRC if you produce a forces ID, student card, police ID etc. £27 if you don't.

That's what I normally do, just enough to satisfy you but not so long that you get bored. Usually one or two people sit out a session or two if they're strapped for cash.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Need an ideas for the first meeting place before we head into bodmin and also ideas for somewhere to stop for lunch if anyone has any :)

cheers

Dan

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Anyone have any ideas at all? lol

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

so then this is a month away now and we need to start pulling together to put the final points in place.

we have a confirmed position of bodmin to run round with a stop off along the way for some food :) but where is the best place for the initial meeting point to get us all together in the first place?

cheers

Dan

BG 182 FF

theirs a nice little pub on the way into Bodmin called Borough arms easy to get, nice food and a good size car park for us

BG 182 FF

best thing to do as Mcgherkin
said is to make an event on facebook and post it on the the sport pages will get a better idea of numbers

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

best thing to do as Mcgherkin
said is to make an event on facebook and post it on the the sport pages will get a better idea of numbers

Unfortunately the CSSW page has been shut down because a few trouble makers decided to ruin everything for everyone else. :rolleyes:

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

theirs a nice little pub on the way into Bodmin called Borough arms easy to get, nice food and a good size car park for us

Could you find me a post code for that please?

And ye we will sort some internet time out for the southwest ;)

Right guys, let's leave it now, just ignore him and let him say whatever he wants. It's not affecting us in any way, shape it form. We're carrying on as normal and everyone is getting along fine.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

Next time something happens the ban hammer is coming down swiftly and it doesn't matter if your a first time offender.

Also anyone can report a problem discreetly to myself without any come back on them self!

Next time something happens the ban hammer is coming down swiftly and it doesn't matter if your a first time offender.

Also anyone can report a problem discreetly to myself without any come back on them self!

To be fair that's what caused the last problem. I'm not telling you how to moderate anything/anyone, I'm just pointing that out.