ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crysis 2 demo out

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Re: Crisis 2 demo out

Downloading now, wish I wasn't on bt for internet...
Can't wait!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

the demo for 360 was out a while back, I've had that and the PC one for a while, its a joke trying to get on a server to actually play it though (I've not managed to so far!)

Had no issues getting on any servers last night?

My only other PC games are CS: Source and L4D2, so have to say I'm quite impressed, game play is intense once you get used to all the freaking buttons for the nano suit, for which I only know about half so far!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I finally got a go on it last night, seems they've just COD'd it. I hope the single player doesn't flop as a result.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I finally got a go on it last night, seems they've just COD'd it. I hope the single player doesn't flop as a result.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w**k-stains. :(

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The graphics weren't that impressive either considering my machine will do anything asked of it, but then I guess that's no surprise considering they aren't using DX11.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Graphics were/are better than Crysis IMHO. Will check again when im home, but it ran much smoother than Crysis.
And tbh, DX11 is not a huge step above DX10 in any respect.

Gameplay is muchly improved over Crysis though.
Enjoying the demo a lot actually, I was surprised as I never played Crysis online as I thought it would be dull etc. But I can see myself playing this!

Doesnt seem to like connecting to servers though.. Thats the only problem ive had!

Impressed so far. But still pissed off that its a console port instead of PC exclusive. Cooooonts!

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
there's better graphics and running smoother, sure it runs smoother but from what I've seen the graphics aren't comparable to the 1st. It may just be the demo, or that they are not using DX11 straight off.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
there's better graphics and running smoother, sure it runs smoother but from what I've seen the graphics aren't comparable to the 1st. It may just be the demo, or that they are not using DX11 straight off.

IMO the graphics are superior to the 1st.
For a start its using Cryengine 3, which I doubt they would make to be worse than the previous Cryengine 2.
Crysis 1 was hugely unoptimised, and took a huge amount of computing power to run at high settings well. Warhead aimed to fix some of this, which it did, but it was never perfected.
You fail to see that DX11 would not make much difference at all. The first one wasnt running DX11..
The main advantage is its implementation of larger scale Tessellation, and I highly doubt they would cram the game full of it as it would up the required system specs, and just isnt a viable option at this moment in time.

They didnt use DX11 in this game as consoles are still running DX9 hardware, this is not a viable option as its just a port.

:)

BMW335M/Clio200/182
IMO the graphics are superior to the 1st.
For a start its using Cryengine 3, which I doubt they would make to be worse than the previous Cryengine 2.
Crysis 1 was hugely unoptimised, and took a huge amount of computing power to run at high settings well. Warhead aimed to fix some of this, which it did, but it was never perfected.
You fail to see that DX11 would not make much difference at all. The first one wasnt running DX11..
The main advantage is its implementation of larger scale Tessellation, and I highly doubt they would cram the game full of it as it would up the required system specs, and just isnt a viable option at this moment in time.

They didnt use DX11 in this game as consoles are still running DX9 hardware, this is not a viable option as its just a port.

:)

PC version will be DX11 enabled and is the flagship platform. XBox will be scaled back.

I've played the campaign beta, fully maxed on PC. It's a very good game but the original Crysis and Warhead win hands down.

Can't wait for this game. I imagine a great deal of the lower load is due to not having to draw several miles of landscape. Quite a clever move, especially considering it's now on console. I will try the demo to give me an idea of hardware.

PC version will be DX11 enabled and is the flagship platform. XBox will be scaled back.

I've played the campaign beta, fully maxed on PC. It's a very good game but the original Crysis and Warhead win hands down.

So are you saying that the orignal games looked better? If this is the case then my worst fears have been realised :(

BMW335M/Clio200/182
So are you saying that the orignal games looked better? If this is the case then my worst fears have been realised :(

Some of the artwork in the new one is better and the campaign is really good, but as any Crysis fan knows the sandbox gameplay in the originals was immense.

Don't get me wrong the new one is awesome and carries a lot of the physics and graphics that you'd expect from Crytek. The difference is it's more of a guided story and definitely not a full on sandbox game (I can't see myself playing the campaign over and over again like the originals).

From what I've seen I think it would not disappoint on a well spec'd PC. It's the only shooter in four years that comes close to Crysis and based on what I've seen I'm looking forward to playing the full game on release day :)