ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control in a non sport?

A grey one
Is there any way to activate and fit cruise control in a 1.2 non sport?

no idea if this is in the right section sorry :p

Many.
Pop the panel with the headlight adjuster out, look for a white plug taped up there somewhere. If it has that, its not too hard, case of sourcing all the parts, and then maybe ecu and dial programming.

If it hasn't got the plug, Means swapping dash looms for one that has it, which is major hassle tbh.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
^that. It's easy enough to fit if the wiring loom is there already. Will work without ECU programming too, just won't display on the dash.

Iirc, if the car doesn't have the loom, chances are the ECU won't have the cruise control programme built into it.

Many.
All the ECU's have the function. Dials will need programming for it to work too on a later digital dash Clio I believe, as Mine, even with it turned on in the Engine ECU, doesn't work.

In the process of this myself. I popped the panel off, bingo! The plugs were there, so I sourced all the other gubbins Inc clutch sensor.

I had to create a harness from the ecu to the cabin connector (R107) in the passenger scuttle and match up with certain connectors. Now I believe the uch needs reprogramming and that should be that.

There are some very good tutorials or ForumClio it's in French but very resourceful.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I think you need a proper ph2, not an early one one, which iirc is called a ph1b.

So anything after a 52 plate and it should be do-able.

Many.
I had to create a harness from the ecu to the cabin connector (R107) in the passenger scuttle and match up with certain connectors. Now I believe the uch needs reprogramming and that should be that.

I forgot to add about the possibility of it being missing between the ECU and cabin connector.

UCH doesn't need programming, Engine ECU and Dials do however.

My current one is a 53 plate dynamique which has the connectors and the loom for the interior, but my old clio ( 05 extreme 4 ) had no wiring whatsoever.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got the digital dash, didn't need to programme anything for the cruise control or speed limiter to physically work but nothing would display on the dash. Needed the dash reprogrammed for that, but the cruise control will still work without reprogramming

I forgot to add about the possibility of it being missing between the ECU and cabin connector.

UCH doesn't need programming, Engine ECU and Dials do however.

Yeah the wiring was fun to say the least, I had to order some connectors that were on back order from France. I have most of the part numbers written down somewhere and diagram of what wires need to go where.

A grey one
In the process of this myself. I popped the panel off, bingo! The plugs were there, so I sourced all the other gubbins Inc clutch sensor.
There are some very good tutorials or ForumClio it's in French but very resourceful.

Dont suppose you decided to make a guide on your way did you? Would be so helpful!
Mine is 2006, so should be ok, will pop that panel off tomorrow and have a look!

Christ, ok so not as easy as VAG where it's all just plug and play! Will have a search about for info, thanks guys, much appreciated:)

Dont suppose you decided to make a guide on your way did you? Would be so helpful!
Mine is 2006, so should be ok, will pop that panel off tomorrow and have a look!

Christ, ok so not as easy as VAG where it's all just plug and play! Will have a search about for info, thanks guys, much appreciated:)

When and if I get it working yeah :rasp:

I suppose it would be easier than using stupid website translators.

Hope for the best, as if the connectors aren't behind the panel you will have good fun wiring it up from scratch.

Sadly not :(

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...ttp://www.forum-clio.com/index.php?topic=5293

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...ontage_du_regulateur_limiteur_de_vitesse.html

I spent a lot of time getting info from these threads.

When and if I get it working yeah :rasp:

I suppose it would be easier than using stupid website translators.

Hope for the best, as if the connectors aren't behind the panel you will have good fun wiring it up from scratch.

Sadly not :(

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...ttp://www.forum-clio.com/index.php?topic=5293

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...ontage_du_regulateur_limiteur_de_vitesse.html

I spent a lot of time getting info from these threads.
Tutuur try looking through these for ECU pin layout, I'm on my phone so would take an age.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
I've found them mate, if i had found them before i'd never went through the hassle to buy all original parts.

so the wires are directly the same collor as on the back off the white connector?
don't need them now mate but if you're on the pc you could mail them if you want.