ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control buttons are being weird.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Okay, so my French car is doing French car things.

now the engine runs sweetly the cruise control buttons have decided to move themselves about.

in essence the - button now sets the speed and adds mph, the + button cancels, the R button removes mph and the o button resumes.

any ideas? I have the error code df235 which is a cruise control error, I think it could be the actual buttons or the squib but has anyone come across this before?

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
693A36C4-FD38-4BF8-BD90-085B691866C7.jpeg

It’s not the brake sensor one, had a search and that shows as a df135. I’ve also adjusted the brake sensor as per the guide and it’s made no difference.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
I swapped the wheel as it didn’t come with the proper sport wheel. It’s worked okay, the odd blip where it wouldn’t set but nothing like this. I have some spare buttons so will start there I guess.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Mines sometimes special but I think the buttons are just a bit w**k or the connection is a bit naff

If you press them mega hard they work. Or sometimes you go to cancel the cruise but the car just goes "lets start accelerating towards the car in front" 😂 Its all based on resistance too so each resistance gives a different signal

waiting for a 182
So happy my cars unique. Ffs 🤣

I had that on mine. unfortunately sold it before I ever managed to work out what was going on, so absolutely no use to you unfortunately.

I like the way that you could never work out which button was going to do what as the functions moved around. Fairly sharpens the mind!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure if this helps but I had the same issue.

I don't run the standard steering wheel, but aftermarket one with a separate C/C bracket and buttons.

It was annoying me so I disconnected it all and ran it for a month without it fitted. I wanted it back for a big journey so I refitted and it's been fine since.

It might be worth a try as it's free!

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure if this helps but I had the same issue.

I don't run the standard steering wheel, but aftermarket one with a separate C/C bracket and buttons.

It was annoying me so I disconnected it all and ran it for a month without it fitted. I wanted it back for a big journey so I refitted and it's been fine since.

It might be worth a try as it's free!

Interesting, thats a good and as you say, cheap, idea! I'll give it a go,.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Fixed them! I swapped out the switches for some i had on another wheel and they are all fixed and working as they should. Cheap fix in the end. So the moral is that if you get the above code alone start with the switches.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Try fixing df235 first.

Is that the cruise limiter fault due to brake pedal sensor circuit?
I have this problem, live data shows after braking the switch is still closed and thinks the brake peddle is still being pressed. If I lift the peddle with my foot the circuit opens and the cruise starts to work again. I need to adjust it or get a new switch as if going over a big bump is enough to trigger the switch and will cancel the cruise.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I have this problem, live data shows after braking the switch is still closed and thinks the brake peddle is still being pressed. If I lift the peddle with my foot the circuit opens and the cruise starts to work again. I need to adjust it or get a new switch as if going over a big bump is enough to trigger the switch and will cancel the cruise.

Try adjusting it first yeah.

The plunger is on a ratcheting type travel, if you press the pedal down by hand and then pull the plunger out, then release the pedal slowly to bring the plunger in a few clicks.

You can also fine tweak it by hand by a click or two.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Try adjusting it first yeah.

The plunger is on a ratcheting type travel, if you press the pedal down by hand and then pull the plunger out, then release the pedal slowly to bring the plunger in a few clicks.

You can also fine tweak it by hand by a click or two.
I thought it was possible to adjust. Is that the same for the clutch switch too and the same across the board of models?