ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Croft - Renault clio cup winter series/track day

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
for my first time on track i enjoyed it

i could do with alot of pratice though with the racing lines and i need to be more confident in putting the car through the corners. i was lucky i got out on the last session and it was dry and not behind a pace car

This has highlighted a point I always try to make, if you haven't been on track before, before spending your money going on track, get some track tuition.

1. It'll improve your driving no end
2. You'll enjoy the track time more
3. You'll be faster
4. You'll be a lot more confident
5. You'll be a lot safer.

Golf R/Leon FR
seen as it was my first time i thought id give it a go.

but will definately look at tuition.

you seemed to be going well in the trophy :)

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
was until the brakes went... i'll take a pic of the pads that have come off it, unless i do nobody will believe that i hit a 3rd gear corner after a 90mph straight with no brakes! that's why i ended the last session early lol.

Golf R/Leon FR
lol

i need to invest in some decent pads, mine are standard renault ones and were fading pretty easy

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i said it there and ill say it again.

for years young drivers have been told by police to stop speeding and racing about on public roads they all say "go on a track" and we get there an were doing 50!!!!!!

the organisers have abit of an obligation to let the ones go who feel safe and lead the not so confident.

then its up to the drivers.
id rather roll in a gravel trap then down a railway enbankment or into a bus stop full of kids!!!!

saying that though i lost control on track in situations i have never b4 so i guess i leant something, namly what to do if you loose the back end when your accelerating out of a bend. which kept rob guessing!

yer that was the best bit, thinking do i slow down or will he save it;)

for my first time on track i enjoyed it

i could do with alot of pratice though with the racing lines and i need to be more confident in putting the car through the corners. i was lucky i got out on the last session and it was dry and not behind a pace car

yer more pratice for me as well! and some tuition would be good:D

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
lol

i need to invest in some decent pads, mine are standard renault ones and were fading pretty easy

That's down to brake lines and fluid. substandard pads just wear quicker and don't resist heat as well.

80MPG BEEZA
shame i missed this event i was planning on going i just ended up being busy at the time,

a mate at work marshalls their and he said the ph-quick rolled a good 3 times before coming to a stop? and he said he wasnt even going that fast, said it just took off on the infield like a sausauge roll