ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

created a fix to the sticky steering wheel...

1.5dci
Got my thinking cap on this morning and came up with an idea to sort out the steering problem as the cover i got last year looks really tacky after only 6months ish, not sure how long this will last, and weather it will end up melting into the wheel as well, will need to keep checking it.

The thinking all started a while back with some bike handlebars that stuck to your hands, even worse than the clio, so to fix it we found some cattle cohesive bandage, this stuff: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...E3E02LECIE20SBQ3_nid=99FXKHGL4PbeRTSHCMRQXXgl and stuck it around the grips and it seems to have worked. So I tried it on the clio this morning quite happy with the results, done about 100 miles today and still going strong:

First wrapped a roll around covering the whole wheel, went around the edge first to cover the places it wont be possible to wrap around (where the centre attaches) then kept wrapping around:
1:
DSCF0564.jpg

2:
DSCF0565.jpg

Then took a 4" wide black roll and wrapped it around the out side tightly, the edges nicely met on the inside with a couple of mm's overlap and gave a resutl like this:
DSCF0567.jpg

DSCF0569-1.jpg

I think it's looks nice, and thought i'd put it here incase anyone else wants a quick repair and dosen't mind going to an agricultural supplies store.

1.5dci
also to add although it sticks to itself really well, (i found it hard to put the seams apart afterwards), the stuff is not sticky to touch atall, quite waxy.

1.5dci
Yea well was a bit bored, waited all day for a call from a friend i was meant to be meeting, but still never got it. The reason i started looking into it was that i had a cover before, but was getting annoyed at it as was dirty and the trim bits were coming off at the side, couldn't be bothered to spend another £10 or so with that one only lasting 6 months, this assuming it last a reasonable amount of time i can just peal off the black outside layer and restick another to the blue stuff everything, and the whole roll cost me £2.50 and have plenty left for another few covers.

Also amazing how much smaller and easy to grip the wheel is without a extra couple cm's from the padded cover!