ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

corsa vxr v clio 200

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
A friend had a vxr and we used to have spirited drives on a weekend. Baring in mind I had a 172 with de-cat only it was evens on the straights but you could see even on roundabouts the corsa's tendancy to understeer where the 172 would just point and go

After fitting a btb exhaust on the 172 and the other guy with vxr had a remus and de-cat and I could pull on him on the straights so they really arent that quick I dont get what the fuss is about.....they do make an awesome noise though

I know I've compared this to a 172 but from my understanding the 200 is a much better car so my money is on the 200 being your choice

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
200 is 2-3s a lap quicker than 197? PMSL!

the few reviews i have read and seen say so and the evo 0-100 times the 200 takes 1.5s off the 197.... but no doubt there was a fault with the timing gear on the days the tests were done...

White clique
In this order:

197 -> 200 -> .......... VXR

I've only owned one of the above, but that doesnt matter as the 200 doesnt look as nice and the VXR looks even worse. You have to consider that you will be seen driving the thing.

the few reviews i have read and seen say so and the evo 0-100 times the 200 takes 1.5s off the 197.... but no doubt there was a fault with the timing gear on the days the tests were done...

LOL fair enough. 1.5s quicker to the ton, and 2-3s quicker around a track. That's quite something for what is essentially the same car. In fact 1.5s quicker to 100 is around the advantage that a Megane 230 has over a 182. Can't be arsed to argue the numbers though so fair enough.

renaultsport clio200
i have owned both VXR and 200 from new,vxr lasted 4 months mpg when going for it was down to 7-8mpg sometimes,the A pillar front was obtrusive making it hard to see round corners and rbouts so i got rid probably ave 23 -24 mpg .As for the 200 not much in it straightline but bends ,corners etc 200 eats vxr ive got cup chassis ,recaros etc its a far better car and im ave 30 -34 mpg

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
LOL fair enough. 1.5s quicker to the ton, and 2-3s quicker around a track. That's quite something for what is essentially the same car. In fact 1.5s quicker to 100 is around the advantage that a Megane 230 has over a 182. Can't be arsed to argue the numbers though so fair enough.

im a saddo nerd with figures!
fact...
:eek: