ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corner weighting

Ever since I had my coilovers fitted, and then added AST's onto the rear, it's only ever had the camber set up.

Since the MOT on Wednesday and a new ball joint it feels loads better, but the camber etc needs doing.

Demon tweeks want £60 for camber set up etc.

Will I see a benefit from having it set up by corner weighting, and how much does it cost?

Thanks 

200bhp itb'd iceberg
i had a full geometry set up by super tracker. i asked them to set the car up to ''handle'' even though it will scrub through tyres. I cant fault it tbh as soon as i left the garage i noticed a huge difference, also did track time at silverstone last weekend and it handled amazing turn in was tight and didnt slop about at all gave me so much more confidence! as your local i could show you my print out see what you think?

260% JCW
Don't bother with Deemon tweeks Wrexham, cost me £70 ish and they would only set it up to factory spec. If you want a proper set up id go else where.

Da

Less
Tweeks = avoid, ask DrRollo.

I used alignmycar.co.uk and they'll set it to whatever you want.

Can't help on the weighting though I'm afraid mate.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Unit 8 usually set up Honda's and i might go there with my mate and get a full set up. They are highly rated by Honda bummers

Da

Less
Yeah I rang Unit 8 but they were fully booked for like 2 months so I had to look at other options.

powerstation can do a full setup for your car , they are meant to be good , not sure on price though , they can do the lot for you , corner weight /adjust camber etc etc , out of interest how much did you get the rear ast's for as im thinking of getting some rears

powerstation can do a full setup for your car , they are meant to be good , not sure on price though , they can do the lot for you , corner weight /adjust camber etc etc , out of interest how much did you get the rear ast's for as im thinking of getting some rears

AST's were £300, second hand, no idea how much new, the front are like £725 or something, so the rear must be nearer £500 maybe?

Just need a price for corner weighting really, if were talking £200-£250, then im up for it, if its like £450-£500, then nah!

Golf GTD Mk7
Fred does corner weighting Ben IIRC. The car might look a little strange though as it will be set up for a specific weight/conditions etc. You're better off not bothering for what you use the car for and just get the camber etc set correctly. Oh and NWP do this too £60 ish I think

Lionel Richie
as Jonny says i can set them up no bother, i've get to show off my fancy wireless scales (so cool!)

price depends on how much adjustment is needed

if it goes on the scales and its "near enough" then i'm not going to charge much

if it needs an hour or 2 of cocking about, then it'll be at an hourly rate

260% JCW
Dave88 how is this useless?

The OP was going to take his car to Deemon tweeks and waste his money, not only that but two people have now said that Deemon tweeks = Rubbish.

Your post on the other hand is completely useless, no info or advice. Top bloke.:star:

RS RIP
@ Fred or someone who knows : slightly off topic is me question :eek: ,

I have noticed (when trying to roll the jack under the car) that my car is lower on the drivers-side (this is your passenger side;))

I had the H&R set put on straight how they came out of the box. Is the car sitting lower because of the gearbox being on this side ? It's only 3-4mm i think. Can i raise the adjustement on the shock/strut a tad bit on this side to compensate this ?

(i have been wanting to raise it anyway because of the bumperbracket frequently hitting the tyre:dead:)

please advise ..

Lionel Richie
yes you need to counter act the weight balance side to side basically with you in the car

obviously we have the steering wheel on the correct side ;)

but also that means we have more weight on that side, the engine is on our side too, so there is more weight on that side so you have to set the suspension slightly (around 7mm) higher on the front to counteract that weight

it will be different on your car as you will have a better weight balance to start with because your body weight will counteract the engine weight, so theoretically the car will sit better and have a better balance

its hard to advise without having your car on the scales, but a simple way to do it "approximatley" is find a 100% flat surface (very important) and measure the ride heights from the floor to the sills at each corner, but do this with you sat in the car, get a friend to do it

then adjust to get the heights closer to being the same

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Dave88 how is this useless?

The OP was going to take his car to Deemon tweeks and waste his money, not only that but two people have now said that Deemon tweeks = Rubbish.

Your post on the other hand is completely useless, no info or advice. Top bloke.:star:
He was agree'ing with you...

RS RIP
yes you need to counter act the weight balance side to side basically with you in the car

obviously we have the steering wheel on the correct side ;)

but also that means we have more weight on that side, the engine is on our side too, so there is more weight on that side so you have to set the suspension slightly (around 7mm) higher on the front to counteract that weight

it will be different on your car as you will have a better weight balance to start with because your body weight will counteract the engine weight, so theoretically the car will sit better and have a better balance

its hard to advise without having your car on the scales, but a simple way to do it "approximatley" is find a 100% flat surface (very important) and measure the ride heights from the floor to the sills at each corner, but do this with you sat in the car, get a friend to do it

then adjust to get the heights closer to being the same

Grand, thanks Fred ! Any tips on how to get the (possibly most probably) seized adjuster-rings to budge ? After them being in one position from factory for years ?