ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cookie's 2003 M3

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Mine has just whacked my daughter around the face. When I went to grab him, he ran (crawled) off laughing. He wasn't looking where he was going and whacked his head in the corner of the marble fireplace.

You have two of these coming...
It's going to be fun in a terryfing way.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Its bloody brilliant. You'll spend sleepless nights changing them and feeling like s**t with 3hrs sleep but after a while you'll be wondering what the hell you did before they came along.
Best thing we ever did by a mile.
Whens the M3 going and how much ?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Feb or March maybe. Got very busy few months with work so will see if I can put it up by then
Looking at mileage and condition of others that are similar are going for 9-10k which is probably optimistic but who knows.
No doubt someone will tell me I'm only to get 5k for it and that I should keep it

Anyone got experience of the S4's with the 4.2?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Feb or March maybe. Got very busy few months with work so will see if I can put it up by then
Looking at mileage and condition of others that are similar are going for 9-10k which is probably optimistic but who knows.
No doubt someone will tell me I'm only to get 5k for it and that I should keep it

Anyone got experience of the S4's with the 4.2?
Timing chain. Read about it. Decide not to buy one. Ever.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
S4's are nice but need decoking iirc. Didn't @MaLicE own one.?
His cost him a fair bit I think, He now has an E55 AMG I think.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The golf will be no cheaper to run than the M3, just has more doors in the big scheme of things. That blue one in the advert looked good though.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The golf will be no cheaper to run than the M3, just has more doors in the big scheme of things. That blue one in the advert looked good though.
Are parts as inflated for the golf as the m3? Would of thought just being younger would mean the golf is less liable to need as much upkeep?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Just day to day running costs is really what I meant as in engine size, tax and insurance sort of stuff.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nonsense. The M3 genuine stuff is like supercar money. I know my brother in law has spent a small fortune on his. Tyres and brakes were silly money.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Yeh like I said petrol and insurance and the likes. If this is a really low mileage car for short daily drives it wont be a million miles away running one day to day.
Surely.???

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
S4's are nice but need decoking iirc. Didn't @MaLicE own one.?
His cost him a fair bit I think, He now has an E55 AMG I think.

I loved the s4, before I got it I looked at m3's and prefered the s4.....

However without warning the chain slipped and that was that.... Was a 5-8k bill to fix!

The e55 is infanently a better car than the m3 or s4! Amg tax isn't that much, only costly issues are suspension (1400 to replace all 4 airbags) and sbc braking system (800 to replace) the engine and box are bullet proof....

Faster that a c63 standard same pace if not a bit faster than a v10 m5 and 500 quid will put it a good chunk faster.... Only cars that are hard to pass are 65amg's

Oh E55!!!!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I pay 300 quid to insure the M3, I do maybe a tank or two of fuel a month tops so fuel economy really isn't something I worry about (and the car's usage has dropped off since the Juke arrived)
It's not a daily driver as such, since I don't commute anywhere

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I pay 300 quid to insure the M3, I do maybe a tank or two of fuel a month tops so fuel economy really isn't something I worry about (and the car's usage has dropped off since the Juke arrived)
It's not a daily driver as such, since I don't commute anywhere

My insurance is 380 that's with 70 quid of that for breakdown cover.... Plus mapped it will do over 200mph ;) and mpg is similar to the s4

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I've been gooling e55's... They look soooo good in estate form!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
From someone who has owned the same engine in the M3 and a boosted engine, I certainly won't be going back to anything old and boosted again. The reason it felt faster, in my experience, was because you suddenly got a shove of power. The Z4M engine is linear in its power delivery.
I'd have another in a heartbeat. The last 2k is immense.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
This has gone off to @Scrooge for detail/pictures/selling, so hopefully it's replacement will be found soon
I didn't really feel much of anything on it's (hopefully) last drive in my ownership. No idea if I'll miss the car at all.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
The advertisements will go up at the weekend as it should be good weather etc.

If it's of interest to anyone try and message me not Terry, I will have the info on anything you need to know.