ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cookie's 2003 M3

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Bonsoir. Bought yesterday for £10k.
03 reg but a random M3 plate that'll stay on for the timebeing
Just the one picture so far, as I've been busy with NYE and life. More pictures if and when winter stops. Car was clean-ish yesterday, now looks like it's had all of the grit from the M25 poured on it
seN2K58.jpg

Bad bits so far:
- Someone bashed it into a post or low kerb at some point, as one of the exhaust pipes has a slight dink on it, and there's a scratch above another one. Nowt I can't live with though for the timebeing.
- Some chips out of the paint here and there
... that's pretty much it
Had Inspection II 2,000 miles ago, has new discs and pads (also 2k ago) and nearly new Conti ContactSport's all the way round
It was hilariously loud going through the Dartford Tunnel, even if I couldn't give it many beans as some prick wouldn't do more than 35mph (wasn't me)
Ic3nYx9.jpg

This isn't bad either (mostly mway with some town and A roads)
I apologise for my wife being a complete mong in the photo, that's her smiling face apparently

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Whats happened to the child catcher mate?

I love this, cracking buy. :cool:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Great all rounders. Has it has the compression test and the rear subframe checked?
No idea, and no idea (honestly if one more person asks me about the subframe I'm probably going to straight up murder them ;))
It's running fine. I'll get it inspected at some point.
@Phase1sr - Part ex'd to the garage. Got peanuts for it, but it was only worth buttons to start with

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
LOL didn't even notice your Mrs until I read you saying about it, hahahahaha!
She's a spaz
So far my wife's thoughts on the car:
- It's the wrong colour (she wanted blue)
- She likes the turning circle
- Likes the MPG we managed on the way back
- She tried to use an imaginary clutch 4 or 5 times in the 4 miles she's driven it (never driven anything remotely auto before, so acceptable enough)
- Doesn't like when I put it in second and accelerate in tunnels

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Rubbish attempt at a thread Terrance! More pics required.

Car does look great though, I really like them.

Book it in for a subframe check sooner rather than later as you don't want it to get bad (if there is any signs of it to begin with).

Reactions: JD

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Book it in for a subframe check sooner rather than later as you don't want it to get bad (if there is any signs of it to begin with).
It's dark, and the car is dirty
Will be booked in when I have time tbh, no idea when it's likely to be at the mo

Presume as its a dealer that Terry has bought it from that you can also claim on their warranty if any work does need doing. As I am having to do with a broken rear spring, found by BMW's winter health check (best £20 I've spent @Cookie).

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Its only just had a broken rear spring replaced. The dealer I bought from don't seem to be the usual jokers. If they'd have seen anything untoward on their ramps it wouldn't have been sold. It will get inspected at some point but I'm in no rush

Reactions: JD
Its only just had a broken rear spring replaced. The dealer I bought from don't seem to be the usual jokers. If they'd have seen anything untoward on their ramps it wouldn't have been sold. It will get inspected at some point but I'm in no rush

Lucky you. I think mines an arsehole. Still waiting on locking wheel nut and a few other bits.

Corsa Van. Meh.
She's a spaz
So far my wife's thoughts on the car:
- It's the wrong colour (she wanted blue)
- She likes the turning circle
- Likes the MPG we managed on the way back
- She tried to use an imaginary clutch 4 or 5 times in the 4 miles she's driven it (never driven anything remotely auto before, so acceptable enough)
- Doesn't like when I put it in second and accelerate in tunnels

You weren't going through Dartford tunnel from Kent to essex around 4pm ish today? What's your reg?

Corsa Van. Meh.
Possibly. It's got lots of 3's in it. If I cut you up it's my wife's fault.
LOL. We were in the lane right next to you in our x-trail.
Me and the OH we're saying at the time "look at that guy in the m3 dropping the gears and hammering it".
Small world.

Corsa Van. Meh.
PMSL! In the tunnel? Wife was calling me an embarrassment, then I told her she sucks the joy out of every room she enters
Such a wonderful thing, marriage

Yes in the tunnel. We were laughing at the fact you kept dropping the gears but the guy infront was at crawling speed.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
PMSL! then I told her she sucks the joy out of every room she enters
Such a wonderful thing, marriage

That will continue in every single thing you do throughout married life that you don't involve her in, like hitting the loud pedal. How dare you not ask her permission. I get the same when I go out on the bike which usually involves 15 text msg's over a few hrs asking how long im going to be. Only to get home and she and the little one are still sat in their PJ's and absolutely nothing has changed since I left the house.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Why? I can't tell if this is a good or a bad thing :eek:

Good for the seller (hiding faults etc) bad for the buyer (buying a duff car).

Saying that though you bought from a reputable dealer so if there are any faults and you get the car checked in good time you shouldn't have any issues getting any niggles rectified.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Good for the seller (hiding faults etc) bad for the buyer (buying a duff car).

Saying that though you bought from a reputable dealer so if there are any faults and you get the car checked in good time you shouldn't have any issues getting any niggles rectified.
Twas my thinking. No way I was buying an M3 from a private seller tbh
@Scrooge - Unit, Saturday?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
You've bought an M3 for £10k and have no idea of the subframe has even been checked recently/repaired?! Utterly mental. As far as getting any support from a dealer after purchasing….pretty slim chance of that!

On a more positive note, look stunning. I've had 2 silver ones myself and the colour really shows off the arches and exclusive bits compared to some of the more 'popular' ones. What colour leather?
Bumper gaps look pretty good, they sag fairly badly on the corners but yours looks better than my last 2.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You've bought an M3 for £10k and have no idea of the subframe has even been checked recently/repaired?! Utterly mental. As far as getting any support from a dealer after purchasing….pretty slim chance of that!

On a more positive note, look stunning. I've had 2 silver ones myself and the colour really shows off the arches and exclusive bits compared to some of the more 'popular' ones. What colour leather?
Bumper gaps look pretty good, they sag fairly badly on the corners but yours looks better than my last 2.
He has warranty. It'll be checked when he gets a chance. I think that's why he is in no rush.

Looks nice. I loved my one they were such a great all round car with surprisingly good fuel economy. The noise is incredible. Looks like the wheels have been refurbished as well.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Seeing this today shows why Terrance handed 10k over for it. It's looks very cared for and clean.

It's a real nice car mate and I'm not a fan of M3s tbh. The silver with non polished wheels looks really fresh. I like.