ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Conor's Arctic Blue 182FF

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Looks really good m8, some great progress going on!

Another arctic 182 in the south west as well, when I'm back at work I live near Helston :)

Arctic Blue 182FF
SNEAKY PREVIEW

IMG_20130413_130643_zps2586e446.jpg

I will leave that with you guys...

Arctic Blue 182FF
Update
Some of you may have noticed my recent post in the Clio Media section but for those that haven't I took my wheels into Wadebridge Polished Wheel Company (great service!) on Tuesday and got them back yesterday.

I delibrated for ages on the actual colour that I wanted... however, my cousin managed to persuade me to them Black Chrome (has the same colour on his wheels on his 350z :rasp:). This is in my opinion one of the nicest colours out there; can be light or dark in different conditions and just looks epic! I would say these wheels are one of the only ones on here finished in this colour (please correct me if I am wrong!), so the unique-ness adds to it too :rasp:

Anyways, the pictures after a quick wash (excuse the poor quality, DSLR was charging)!

IMAG0068_zps5bb811a4.jpg

IMAG0069_zpsecc15e11.jpg

IMAG0070_zps3247e8de.jpg

IMAG0071_zps8797a1bc.jpg

IMAG0072_zps50a1ef3c.jpg

IMAG0073_zps133bdc96.jpg

IMAG0074_zps1e70968a.jpg

IMAG0075_zpse8d2f557.jpg

Anyways, comments and criticisms welcome!

Conor.

Flame 172 (Ph2)
That 182 looks tremendous, I like Arctic, and with those wheels, truely good combo. Car looks amazing. £100 on Cooksport springs would make the ride height spot on IMO too.

RB Clio 182
Looks nice mate, the cup splitter looks loads better than the fabia one imo, i need to get myself one.

As above it would look mint lowered, although i do prefer the chrome diamonds and bullets as it keeps the car looking more fresh imo.

I had my diamonds sprayed but didnt like them so i bought a pair of new chrome ones, i also romoved the f1 sticker from the bonnet as i preferred it without :)

Arctic Blue 182FF
Right...
So been a bit lazy of late, lack of posts as well as car cleaning as well :eek:

But you will all be happy to know I have as of today, washed-clayed-waxed my car!

Also, I have bought a decat for the RS192 seeing as its leaking again as well as a genuine clamp so hoping this will be one of the last times I have to do it!

You will also be happy to know that I am intending to buy either some Eibach Sportlines or some Cooksport springs to get the 182 looking less of a tractor! If the Cooksports were in stock I would have ordered them by now :rasp:

Arctic Blue 182FF
UPDATE

The one thing that has always bugged me about this car is how much the wheels sit inside the wheel arch, and as I was also intending to lower the car I just couldn't leave it how it was! :rasp:

I was hoping that the gap would solved with the wider offset of the Cup Turinis, but unfortunately I still wanted a bit more "poke".

So after finding several sets on ebay which looked cheap for a reason, and ones which required the longer bolts, I settled on the "bolt to hub" variety which were around £70 a pair :S

Luckily, after a random search on the parts for sale section I managed to pick up two 20mm and two 25mm spacers for a grand total of £70 ;)

Anyways pictures...

IMAG0082_zpsf97c4ccd.jpg

IMAG0083_zpsc653918e.jpg

Unfortunately they were the best pictures I could get, my DSLR is currently charging! :eek:

Luckily I didn't take one of the side as I would be hounded by comments aimed at the "tractor-esque" height the Clio is sporting at the moment... Cooksports are still out of stock :S

C+Cs welcome!

Conor.

Arctic Blue 182FF
Long time no post!

As of late I have been extremely slack with the upkeep of the 182... mostly because I missed out on the restock of Cooksport's finest :mad:

However, I managed to fit a Yanoo Stiff Shift 1.0 which has greatly improved the gear change of the car, how it should of been out of the factory!

I also turned my attention to the pitiful excuse of steering wheel I have! :eek:

To be honest, that description is a little harsh, my old wheel was not that melted however, the grips were started to fall to peices!

So Pm'ed Snappy and was put on the waiting list for a steering wheel... pictures speak a thousand words :p

182_zps54e76195.jpg

186_zps9fcf64c8.jpg

185_zps1e5fe2c5.jpg

189_zpsea0433f3.jpg

188_zps60023e3b.jpg

I have to say that I am very impressed with his work, its very very quality, and the match with the airbag is much better in person!

The only criticism (which is nothing!) I do have is that its a little thin, however the wheel is still brilliant!

So next on this list is Cooksports in order to sort out the tractor like stance that the clio is sporting at the moment and I think I will be happy with the way she is looking, give or take a few little niggles :rasp:

Comments and criticisms welcome!
Conor.

That steering wheel looks so nice!
Glad to see someone else from down 'ere with an RS. Hopefully should be getting one myself soon, just need to find a good example for the right price :)

Arctic Blue 182FF
That steering wheel looks so nice!
Glad to see someone else from down 'ere with an RS. Hopefully should be getting one myself soon, just need to find a good example for the right price :)

Indeed mate, don't really see many of them going about! Whereabouts to you live in Cornwall then? If I could give you any advice it would definitely be not to settle! I wish now that I had found a 182 with recaros and turinis already, but hey ho we all make mistakes...

Arctic Blue 182FF
Update

The Clio as of late, has been starting a little bit "hesistantly" where it would start and then almost seem to stall but then it would continue to idle (Cool story eh bro? :cool:)

So after a little bit of research, it turns out that the clio has never had its spark plugs changed, and it wouldn't need to till the 75k (according to service book), so I thought I may as well get some new ones anyways!

Little snap of plugs next to my other purchase:rasp:

null_zpsb6e0c390.jpg

null_zps1ccdf252.jpg

I also managed to stumple on a few threads in the media section with several 182's with wind deflectors so did the right thing and order some up!

null_zps925dfdc3.jpg

I also managed to make use of one of my little minions to use some more PB Black Hole :p

null_zps59ce2db1.jpg

Comments and criticisms welcome,
Conor.

Arctic Blue 182FF
PRAISE THE LOWER'D
After receiving my Cooksports last week I thought it was about time I got cracking and fitted them!

Off I went to the clio's natural habitat in my cousins garage, but anyways enough talk, heres the before pictures! :p

null_zps5a8cbc95.jpg

null_zps4a24953b.jpg

null_zpsfea94ad1.jpg

null_zps65071330.jpg

Then got the old girl up on stands..

null_zps19948201.jpg

Out with the old...

null_zps7decf98b.jpg

In with the new...

null_zpse8879741.jpg

All done and on to the front!

null_zpsa27bca35.jpg

Top mounts off...

null_zpse5b6dfc6.jpg

Up to this point I was completely confused as to how people could find a job like this hard, managed to get the rear done in no time, and the drivers strut off no trouble... then I made the fatal mistake of thinking it was easy!

Got onto the passengers side took off both bolts and then released the strut from the hub nice and gently, then all of a sudden the driveshaft popped out to say hello, and spill the gearboxes oil all over the deck :eek: So after wedging the gaiter back over the driveshaft and stopping the leak I decided to clean it up best I can and just get on with the front springs and worry about the mess that the gearbox was in later :dapprove:

So anyways, here they are off the car;

null_zps606dc575.jpg

Completely dissassembled;

null_zpsa519fd1a.jpg

New spring in comparison to the old one;

null_zpsd0b07bfb.jpg

And the final product.

null_zpsc2889218.jpg

Also managed to find the time to change the spark plugs round!

null_zps1c5a7d18.jpg

Was a bit embarassed by the comparison :eek:

null_zps306fb8f9.jpg

By the end of all this my cousin had brought all the bits for a gearbox oil change, so managed to find time to swap the oil round!

I have to compliment the Cooksport springs, they make the car look absolutely fantastic (yet to settle in of course), yet it I havent felt any substantial decrease in ride quality and I have yet to push it but the initial assessment is that they are fantastic!

I have to say though that through changing the gearbox oil the gear changes feel much much better, I would definitely recommend changing if you havent already! Although be warned, the stuff smells :rasp:

Comments and criticisms welcome!

Arctic Blue 182FF
Been too long since I have posted in here...

But unfortunately there hasn't been much to post about!

Car had is MOT and passed it, only needing a track rod end doing and so didn't cost me much for a change :p

And today I had the fluid flushed with some ATE Super Blue fluid, which has resulted in a much better feel from the brake pedal... but there is still a little bit too much travel which I will look into as soon as I have time away from uni :(

The exhaust has definitely got to go, really grown tired of the poor fit that the scorpion offers, anyone care to offer me some suggestions for a nice fitting exhaust that has a similar note to the scorpion?

Also need some suggestions of what to do with the car next, run out of ideas!!:eek:

Would love to hear all your suggestions please ;)

Can't you adjust the tailpipes yourself?

I played around with my Milltek for a couple of hours, once the standard hangers had slacked a bit, and now it sits perfectly and is firm.

Arctic Blue 182FF
Can't you adjust the tailpipes yourself?

I played around with my Milltek for a couple of hours, once the standard hangers had slacked a bit, and now it sits perfectly and is firm.

Sorry, bit of confusion, its leaking from the cat join which the scorpions are infamous for!
No permanent fix without modifying the joint

Sorry for the bump but I'm the current owner of Connor's car, I meant to post here ages ago but hey ho!
The car has been fantastic, totally reliable and had the least problems I've encountered with any car (and I've had a lot).
It's still exactly as Connor left it really, now 71K miles and runs fine. Need to get belts done this year and was thinking of using Pure motorsport although local Renault dealer seemed to know what I was talking about (R&S motors).

I'm really fond of the little thing although it's nothing like as clean as Connor kept it I'm afraid!