ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Congrats to DanPl6 on cracking 200bhp (rs2 + 197 cams)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
How much would it cost you order that one part to fix the problem?

Its not quite that simple as once its made it cant easily be unmade, would need other parts too as it has to be assembled in a particular order so you would have to remove bossses that are boned in etc to get the spreader plate for the bolts off.

For what it would cost him, and given its only a cosmetic defect, it would be cheaper to sell it secondhand and buy a new one I suspect as eve nwith a cosmetic defect I think it would still sell.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Results are consistent too

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357389286.637452.jpg

My Map isn't finished and its running a tiny bit lean in the top end so may even see 1 or 2 more BHP

182 Turbo
Even if you wanna talk peak figures ,I've never seen cams make 200bhp either without being complimented by bodies, the torque may not be as peak as cams but seems every way you look at it cams don't compete, except on price of course, cams are like half the price of this manifold circa £1000? Which actually is a big factor, similar gains, half the price. So I'd still be tempted to go cams.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nice one Mike, good to have a printout from Surrey as I know thats a set of rollers I trust.

Much nicer printouts to read than the one at Dan's place too :)

Might be worth starting a new cleaner thread to show the comparison when charlies had a chance to run you off a graph with before and after on it :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Sure about that?

On a recent RR day one mk3 matched me and the rest had less power.
(Reading 187bhp on the day)

Mental 172 Cup
What's gains did you get from increasing plenum volume alone? Or did you do other complimenting modifications aswell?

(chips williams engine)
Is that much of an improvement over standard inlet?
Looks to be smaller than standard inlet for internal volume. Only gain I can see is the single throttle body and the fact its got trumpets.

To the OP great result, your happy forget the negative quotes, it's how it drives that counts, would be good to have a go in one of these cars to compare tbh.

Regards Russ.......

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What's gains did you get from increasing plenum volume alone? Or did you do other complimenting modifications aswell?

Changed too many things at once to get meaningful figures off each one. Costs too much money to keep renting rollers for each individual change sadly.
But I know from other stuff I've been involved with that if plenum volume is too small it limits peak power, and if trumpets length is too short it restricts torque.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I remember chatting to a drift car driver (EDC I think it was) said he felt a massive improvement with his plenum spacer (350Z)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
New to the market for the F4R 172/182 engine! Billet performance camshafts from only £999 FITTED* including FULL cambelt kit and FULL aux belt kit!

After recent testing we've seen peak power up over 190bhp and torque over 160lbsft on a STANDARD 182 remapped to suit!

check out the torque figure at 3000rpm!
GT_Racing_Cams_182_Trophy_Test_With_Map_190_5bhp.jpg

you can add on a dephaser pulley to this package for £175

Note - the car will have to be remapped by TDF or RS Tuning, but is perfectly safe to drive without a map (short term)

So if your car is in need of a cambelt change or has a rattling dephaser why not add a set of cams!

Price includes VAT and 12months warranty

0121-783-6692

*(note this is an intoductry offer, normal retail price will be £1099)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Care to comment? Just the rs2 seems to lose torque even more so on the other thread which is down on standard? Ok it drops off at 6k. Does everyone else have blinkers on?

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
Care to comment? Just the rs2 seems to lose torque even more so on the other thread which is down on standard? Ok it drops off at 6k. Does everyone else have blinkers on?

If you really can't see where the gains are after all the explanations, just except the fact your not clever enough to understand engines, how the make power, the relation between torque, RPM and BHP.

Just leave it to people who do!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
190bhp and peak 164lb Which only dips below 150lb at 4k and again at 7k.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
190bhp and peak 164lb Which only dips below 150lb at 4k and again at 7k.

We must be looking at a different graph! The graph I'm looking at tails below 150lb at 6.6k which on an engine that can easily rev another 1000rpm more than that is disappointing. Especially on track!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I don't want to have to rev the nuts off my engine. It makes 14lb more at 4k !!!!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Yeecup why do you knock people who try to improve there cars I don't under stand ?

Iv spent thousands on improving my cars for the last 20 years, I'm stating my point of view that's all. If u don't like it fair enough

Status
Not open for further replies.