ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Congrats to DanPl6 on cracking 200bhp (rs2 + 197 cams)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
My point is what makes it so good? Mapped with non standard cams it's not doing anything spectacular other than smooth the torque over the rev range. Cams alone give more torque. Why spend rs2 money? Probably why the number of people who run rs2's compared to cams, itb's etc are tiny. Otherwise if it was so good why hasn't everyone bought one?

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Well congrats to Dan, a good achievement and to all those involved, well done.

This thread has been an interesting read, lots can be learnt and lots can be burnt.

@ yeecup - you have made your point that you prefer cams, yet always you come back for more, and still cant accept that different people like to tune differently depending on their individual needs. And even I, and I admit my knowledge of engines is not amazing, can read the differences both the RS2 and cams can make. If you claim to have 20 years experience doing things, surely at some point someone else has had a different opinion

Could you also provide a source for the offer which you posted on the other page?

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
My point is what makes it so good? Mapped with non standard cams it's not doing anything spectacular other than smooth the torque over the rev range. Cams alone give more torque. Why spend rs2 money? Probably why the number of people who run rs2's compared to cams, itb's etc are tiny. Otherwise if it was so good why hasn't everyone bought one?

A 172 is a good car! Why doesn't the entire world own one???

It's all down to application. If its a track car, I wouldn't recommend the RS2 to anyone. But for a road car, with occasional track use, I don't think there's a better spec than RS2/197.

Ill repeat this point for the 10th time this thread. The standard inlet is designed to work best between 5-6k. This is even proved in the graph you posted.

In a fast road car/ occasional track car that doesn't crack it.

182 Turbo
Don't understand why admins getting upset, it's car banter, clearly yeecup disagree's with this product. If the entire world only had one viewpoint and wasn't allowed to express opinion, what a boring world this would be.

Don't understand why admins getting upset, it's car banter, clearly yeecup disagree's with this product. If the entire world only had one viewpoint and wasn't allowed to express opinion, what a boring world this would be.

There's a difference between 'banter' and just being plain stupid tbh. He's had his viewpoint as to why he doesn't like the product, but now he's just doing anything to provoke an argument and complete mess a good discussion on a product.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
There's a difference between 'banter' and just being plain stupid tbh. He's had his viewpoint as to why he doesn't like the product, but now he's just doing anything to provoke an argument and complete mess a good discussion on a product.

He's also been supplied with pages and pages of hard FACTS as to why he is wrong.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

He's expressed his opinion but doesn't need to do it multiple times in multiple threads and in the process ruin the discussion.

HBT 172 Cup
OK, MWM thread is closed, so ill post here, direct comparison GT Cams package vs MWM's graph. (£1000 fitted + £300 map) vs RS2 + 197 cams £1000 RS2 + £300 map + £150 cams

Whats better value? (green = RS2 gains, red = RS2 loses). No ive not cheated the green line either.

GT_Racing_Cams_182_Trophy_Test_With_Map_190_5bhp_zps0adf9e1f.jpg

53 Clio's & counting

I think the best thing to do is experience an rs2'd car, then you will an informed opinion on both sides.

We can all sit here quoting RR graph after RR graph, but get out there and get a ride in one.

It doesn't make it a Ferrari beater, but it does improve the driving experience.

Oh just to state on your above post, one of the main reasons for the RS2 being an option compared to cams, is an hours work or so and an RS2'd car would be back to standard - if you want a more powerfull car, which you're able to return to standard (thus selling the car and selling the RS2 trying to recoup some of the modification costs) then it'sa good option - it's a lot harder to return a cammed car back to standard.

both the RS2 and cams have their ups and downs

182 Turbo
RS2 3000rpm - 7500rpm you get a steady 140lbft
Cams 3000rpm you got 155lbft 4000rpm drops to 145lbft 5000rpm 152 lbft 5,500rpm peaks at 164lbft 6,750lbft you got 150lbft then at 7000rpm you got 140lbft and dropping, I'm not feeding the troll but cams make better gains than the RS2.. Except from 7,000-8000rpm on rs2 is still 140lbft but obviously the limiters been raised. So explain to me how the RS2 is better? This is using micheal's rs2 chart and Fred's cams. Plus it's kinda scary to be revving to 8k without arp bolts, I'd rather make my power lower down and change gear at 7k , it's gotta be healthier for your engine surely..

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
OK, MWM thread is closed, so ill post here, direct comparison GT Cams package vs MWM's graph. (£1000 fitted + £300 map) vs RS2 + 197 cams £1000 RS2 + £300 map + £150 cams

Whats better value? (green = RS2 gains, red = RS2 loses). No ive not cheated the green line either.

GT_Racing_Cams_182_Trophy_Test_With_Map_190_5bhp_zps0adf9e1f.jpg

For a start that graph isn't on the same dyno!

Also it's not on the same car! We all know how much the figures differ on these engines.

As standard my car made a peak torque of 127lb and 168 Bhp.

There is no where my car has lost at all over standard.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I think the best thing to do is experience an rs2'd car, then you will an informed opinion on both sides.

We can all sit here quoting RR graph after RR graph, but get out there and get a ride in one.

It doesn't make it a Ferrari beater, but it does improve the driving experience.

Oh just to state on your above post, one of the main reasons for the RS2 being an option compared to cams, is an hours work or so and an RS2'd car would be back to standard - if you want a more powerfull car, which you're able to return to standard (thus selling the car and selling the RS2 trying to recoup some of the modification costs) then it'sa good option - it's a lot harder to return a cammed car back to standard.

both the RS2 and cams have their ups and downs

Don't waste your breath Russ. This has been explained to him at least 3 times so far.

HBT 172 Cup
Your 172 made 128 ft l'b as standard and you think thats normal??! Renault managed that 20 years ago with the F7R.

182 Turbo
Now this threads turning into RS2 is better because of ease of fitting lol... Cams are better due to ease on my wallet. :/

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I find it mental to think that it's such a massive celebration to gain 30bhp. It's got to be so frustrating!

I mean you change an airbox in some cars and get 30bhp!

So much money for so little gain. I know it's always been a bugbear for owners.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
I find it mental to think that it's such a massive celebration to gain 30bhp. It's got to be so frustrating!

I mean you change an airbox in some cars and get 30bhp!

So much money for so little gain. I know it's always been a bugbear for owners.

What dyno do you use? 30bhp for an airbox! What cars?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Now this threads turning into RS2 is better because of ease of fitting lol... Cams are better due to ease on my wallet. :/

Unless you are keeping the car forever, cams are dead money, the RS2 isnt, so I dont quite agree on the ease of wallet with cams TBH.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
One generic map at the cost of £300 on an Audi S4 see's 100bhp

Some Nuclear reactors can see gains of a million bhp with a slight tweak here and there, doesnt seem very relevant either though, if you have a turbo car, you can increase the airflow into the engine simply by turning up the boost, on an N/A car you cant.

I fail to see why its been mentioned about 10 times now on this thread that turbo cars are easier to force air into, its so obvious it just doesnt need mentioning letting alone repeating again and again.

YES turbo cars are massively easier to tune, its been said lots of times, no one has disagreed with it at any point so there is no point having a totally one sided discussing saying the same thing over and over when there is no one disagreeing with it anyway.

We all know that giraffes are taller than mice, and that turbos are easier to get extra air into than N/A engines, neither of these things needs continually mentioning as if its news TBH unless someone comes along and says the opposite to need correcting.

Status
Not open for further replies.