ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Complete 182 suspension refresh

Full fat 182
I am looking to do a complete oem suspension refresh on my 182 with both cup packs. I've done some research and I'm struggling to find full list. I am looking at all bushes, dampers, springs and any other parts that are recommended to change, can anyone provide a list of what I will need to replace, but as mentioned want to only replace with standard parts. Thanks in advance Alex.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The Renault wish bones come with the bushes and ball joints mate.

So it will be.

1. Set of shocks
2. Set of springs, id fit the Cooksports if it was my car. Just gives a nice drop.
3. Pair of front wish bones.
4. Steering rack bushes.
5. Steering rack arms.
6. Track rod end's.
7. Front shock top mounts.

This is a list of what id replace if I was doing a full refresh. :)

RB Clio 182

So it will be.

1. Set of shocks
2. Set of springs, id fit the Cooksports if it was my car. Just gives a nice drop.
4. Steering rack bushes.
5. Steering rack arms.
6. Track rod end's.

This is a list of what id replace if I was doing a full refresh. :smile:

How much would this set you back?

PH2 172

So it will be.

1. Set of shocks
4. Steering rack bushes.
5. Steering rack arms.
6. Track rod end's.

This is a list of what id replace if I was doing a full refresh. :smile:
+ front ARB bushes

172 Turbo
I always refer to a post in the Renault Wolverampton Helen thinking of this job, it's a random request but has all the prices apart from shocks and springs, 172 prices

Wishbones £60 each
Steering rack bushes £24 each
Track rods £40.86 each
Track rod ends £37.94 each
ARB Bushes £7.80 each

Similar post also mentioned: inner tie rods

Mine needs new wishbone bushes, so getting oem wishbones fitted (believe these come with new ball joints attached?)

In a similar situation, thinking it's a good idea to do as much as possible whilst wishbones off. If I wanted to keep costs down, what do others suggest the priority list would be? I'm not sure how long each job takes (once wishbones removed) so this'll also impact!

172 Turbo
Once you are at the point to remove the wishbones, you can easily swap suspension - the top mounts go with the strut.

The track rods are a bit fiddly but shouldn't add a great deal of time each side, I've no idea on the bushes. However, I'm just doing the track rod ends and they are seized so it may end up being the entire rod for me.

Okay, thanks masekwm, good luck with your tre's!

Money says I'm doing springs, dampers & top mounts another time, so deciding on the other bits. Reckon steering arms & track rods will be left out this time round, so prob tre's, arb & steering bushes if don't take too long.

Anyone had experience of how long it takes to do arb & steering bushes?

Full fat 182
Thanks for all the replys exactly what I was after looked at both cooksports and ebachi springs but think oem but shall decide when buying. I want to get all bits first.

Some part numbers from a list I made before, when looking at refreshing my cup packed 182. You'd need to check your car has an SMI rack, but to the best of my knowledge most 182's do.
Chaski said:
ARB Bushes (Inner 23mm: 7700784170, Outer 25mm: 7700847383)
Steering Rack Bushes (SMI: 7701470760)
Dampers (Rear: 8200681125, Front: 8200681109)
Wishbones (N/S: 8200257956, O/S: 8200257957)
Inner Track Rod Kit x 2 (7701473656)
Track Rod Ends (NS: 7701474493, OS: 7701474492)
Top Mount Kit x 2 (543A09780R)
I also opted for these:
Chaski said:
Eichbach Pro Kit Springs (E10-75-001-02-22)
Eibach Camber Bolts (5.81260K)

And if you're itching to borderline waste £20... Powerflex Rear Shock Top Mounts (PFF60-311)! :p

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
That's gotta be £800 for just parts or there about ?

I have just had a phone call and been told just to get my front shocks sorted I'm looking at £845.

Sachs Refurbished @ BG
Lower ball joints
Track rods & Gaiters
Track rod ends

I already have Powerflex bottom arms & dog bone mounts along with AST solid top mounts.
Next on my list is to Powerflex the front Antiroll bar (Inner & Outer) as well as the steering rack and then also do the rear beam and rear shocks with power flex bushes.

Titanium Clio 182
That's sound marc, I guess with suspension its all down to how deep ya pockets are. I'm just about to refresh mine too but will only be looking at cup dampers, cooksports, top mounts, Arb and rack bushes. Thought about getting the power flex kit too.

Titanium Clio 182
From what I've read from other fellas, spacers work well and help fill the arches with a more OEM set up too.