ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colour coding help

TT QS
hi guys im new on here.
iv got a 2001 clio 1.4 but the one thing i hate about it is the black plastic on the bumpers and on the side.
i just rang renault birmingham and they said its £700 for all the bits and having them sprayed. so thats out the window.
apart from ebay, which have loads of the black plastic what can i do?
can i spray the plastic or is there anywhere i can get these bits.
couldnt find any help on this so i made a new thread.
tarrr :D

MK3

Dynamiqueee
£700 is very steep! Try some local bodyshops / accident repair centres. Should be able to get it done for half what renault quoted. Failing that, pick up some cheap side strips or something and give it a go yourself. If it looks alright, job done. If not atleast you havn't fooked the ones on your car.

non sport
im going to do mine myself, theres a guide in the guides section on here, buy the parts off here/ebay and give it a go, if you mess it up you havent lost much and you can sell the parts on and go to a standard bodyshop (not renault as they are stupidly expensive) whereas if you get it right youve saved £700!!

Clio dynamique 1.6 16v
I have started doing it myself and had to re do my side strips 4 times lol (Well 3 so far but planning on redoing them again to get them spot on) Each time learning from my mistakes. You can get them done professionally but you dont have the sense of achievement that you did them and the effort you put it :) My advice is to make sure you spend a lot of time on preparing them. The actual spraying doesnt take much skill nor effort but gettin them properly ready for sprayin takes the longest. The guide is good on here but I have used plastic primer filler too on handles etc that saved time and produced a good finish. Just practise on any old trim you can find with cheap paint :)